• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If they obeyed what was in their Holy Books we would have had peace long ago.
But they will tell you they did obey their 'holy' books. So that doesn't work. It's not about obeying 'holy' books, because there is too much contradiction and violence in those 'holy' books. What they need to use is common sense. Did you really need some 'holy' book or the writings of Bahai to realise its not smart to beat your wife. In many cases these people ARE getting their violence from the holy books.

Of course, you and I know that it's wrong, but my point is that they don't. So we need a new strategy. This one doesn't work.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That is the peace we are working towards.

Thanks for clarifying the 'we' bit.

Many many other groups besides Bahai are right there with you working on world peace. It comes up in the UN all the time. Strategies will vary, but the goal is the same. Solidarity in diversity.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
But what do YOU think? Anyone can cut and paste.

That first will come the Lesser Oewxe which will be a political,unity of the world likely brought about by some catastrophe and forcred upon us for our survival but not the real peace only the banning of war. Things like nuclear disarmament and collective security without a veto will become dominant to prevent any further wars or build ups of weapons.

There will be an international tribunal which the nations will submit to and a world parliament. This will all be established by the governments not the Baha'is. But racial, religious and other prejudices will fester and it will not be a real peace. Just an end of war and better conditions for people.

The Great Peace will be a spiritual peace and happen in stages. Over many centuries people will gradually reconcile their differences and become one in Faith and people will become as one nation and one race. That is very general but it will happen over many stages.

A world civilisation will blossom as never seen on earth in our history. There willl be a world language, a world metropolis or Capitol of the world and things like that. Consultation will be practiced instead of confrontation.

We Baha'is are building that world civilisation and many people of other Faiths help as they want a new world. My words are inadequate and I have not touched on many things.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That first will come the Lesser Oewxe which will be a political,unity of the world likely brought about by some catastrophe and forcred upon us for our survival but not the real peace only the banning of war. Things like nuclear disarmament and collective security without a veto will become dominant to prevent any further wars or build ups of weapons.

There will be an international tribunal which the nations will submit to and a world parliament. This will all be established by the governments not the Baha'is. But racial, religious and other prejudices will fester and it will not be a real peace. Just an end of war and better conditions for people.

The Great Peace will be a spiritual peace and happen in stages. Over many centuries people will gradually reconcile their differences and become one in Faith and people will become as one nation and one race. That is very general but it will happen over many stages.

A world civilisation will blossom as never seen on earth in our history. There willl be a world language, a world metropolis or Capitol of the world and things like that. Consultation will be practiced instead of confrontation.

We Baha'is are building that world civilisation and many people of other Faiths help as they want a new world. My words are inadequate and I have not touched on many things.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't believe in prophecy. A nuclear war or global warming or an asteroid could destroy this entire planet some time in the next 20 years. Who knows? It's all just speculation.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But they will tell you they did obey their 'holy' books. So that doesn't work. It's not about obeying 'holy' books, because there is too much contradiction and violence in those 'holy' books. What they need to use is common sense. Did you really need some 'holy' book or the writings of Bahai to realise its not smart to beat your wife. In many cases these people ARE getting their violence from the holy books.

Of course, you and I know that it's wrong, but my point is that they don't. So we need a new strategy. This one doesn't work.

Blind belief is a huge problem. People who never question or think are very easily manipulated.

Violence from Holy Books? Which violence are you referring to?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Maybe. Maybe not. I don't believe in prophecy. A nuclear war or global warming or an asteroid could destroy this entire planet some time in the next 20 years. Who knows? It's all just speculation.

To us Baha'is it's a beautiful and inspiring positive vision to inspire us to work towards. If we people don't do anything the world won't fix itself.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thanks for clarifying the 'we' bit.

Many many other groups besides Bahai are right there with you working on world peace. It comes up in the UN all the time. Strategies will vary, but the goal is the same. Solidarity in diversity.

We are only a tiny minority. We are hoping the entire world will join in a real push for peace. Politicians are making things worse. By people uniting we have a much stronger voice. So we just keep,pushing for peace on many fronts. But the push for peace needs to become universal.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The Most Great Peace is when the laws of Baha'u'llah will be implemented worldwide in the form of a world civilisation.

"One of the great events which is to occur in the Day of the
manifestation of that Incomparable Branch (Bahá'u’lláh) is
the hoisting of the Standard of God among all nations. By
this is meant that all nations and kindreds will be gathered
together under the shadow of this Divine Banner, which is
no other than the Lordly Branch itself, and will become a
single nation.

Religious and sectarian antagonism, the
hostility of races and peoples, and differences among
nations, will be eliminated. All men will adhere to one
religion, will have one common faith, will be blended into
one race, and become a single people. All will dwell in one
common fatherland, which is the planet itself. (SAQ 65)
"

What is the difference between bahaullahs message nd SGI and other organizations with the same goals?

I keep repeating myself because you are not addressing any interest in what I say about your faith. I know what you believe. Take your time and read my last posts because this is new material and repeating bahaullahs words wont make me understand it the way you want me to unless you say it in YOUR words. I cannot talk to bahaullah.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Let's face it. Some people are ignorant. Just because we have such knowledge doesn't mean we can apply it. There are tons of people working every day to keep this planet peaceful. It also starts at home.

When you say 'we' just who do you mean?

I mean humanity has had a tough time finding peace with world wars and still no end in sight to conflicts or any real headway with peace.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Blind belief is a huge problem. People who never question or think are very easily manipulated.

Violence from Holy Books? Which violence are you referring to?

Indeed, blind belief is a huge problem. lol
I'm not at all familiar with the Bible or the Koran, as I've never read them. I'm just going by what I've read people say on here. I'm sure you can find such debates yourself by browsing.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
What is the difference between bahaullahs message nd SGI and other organizations with the same goals?

I keep repeating myself because you are not addressing any interest in what I say about your faith. I know what you believe. Take your time and read my last posts because this is new material and repeating bahaullahs words wont make me understand it the way you want me to unless you say it in YOUR words. I cannot talk to bahaullah.

SGI are working for a better humanity and world peace which is our goal too. Baha'u'llah came to bring the Most Great Peace. A new World Civilisation with an entirely new System.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We are only a tiny minority. We are hoping the entire world will join in a real push for peace. Politicians are making things worse. By people uniting we have a much stronger voice. So we just keep,pushing for peace on many fronts. But the push for peace needs to become universal.

900 million Hindus are with you on this. That's no tiny minority. You really think you could have built such a beautiful place as the Lotus temple in Saudi, or Pakistan. I think you need to stop focusing on 'all but Bahai' and start focusing on the real culprits. Much tougher sell than with us Hindus though.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That is not world peace. Thats just as the Church did trying to make people under a one party system. Not ma y religions will agree with being united if their religions are one with their historical enemies.

That was Church.

This is a Revelation direct from God stating that this is what He has ordained.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That was Church.

Same thing.

Once the entire planet is converted to the Bahai plan, then there will be peace. Sorry, friend, but that's not how it works. The only difference here is the way to the goal. Some others of 'the religion of peace' (Islam) have tried that with violence. You guys are trying it by talking and negotiation, and yes that is a step up, but it still doesn't address the basic issue of the diversity of faith on this planet. Solidarity in diversity. Everyone agreeing to not discuss religion at all would be a lot better approach. Live and let live.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
SGI are working for a better humanity and world peace which is our goal too. Baha'u'llah came to bring the Most Great Peace. A new World Civilisation with an entirely new System.

Both of you want world peace. SGI wants everyone to follow Nichiren Shonin, chant Diamoku, and look up to Diasoku Ikeda for guidence towards world peace. I practiced with them for four years. You just say it by a different name and have god in your foundation.

How can yu build world peace and why would you change the definition of world peace for others by this new system?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That was Church.

The Church has revelation from god and wants to make everyone a part of the body of christ. They have prophets specific to the OT and apostles and saints to acheive their goals. They are no different than you in goals other than you want to disregard their TLC which definez their and other god-religions beliefs including hinduism.

This wouldnt be a problem if these founders were not a part of your belief system.

But I had specific questions in my past posts that werent answered. Instead of repeating myself, Id like to know the answers to the questions. If you dont understand why people are offended by your religion, let me know if you are interested in my clarification. I dont feel you are.

siti

If we all followed what the Prophets taught, to,love all humanity, there would be world peace.
Possibly, if that's what the Prophets really taught - I have already demonstrated that this is unquestionably not the case for Krishna, Moses and Muhammad. And the very notion that some particular human speaks infallibly on God's behalf is by some considerable margin the most destructive and dangerous idea that has ever occurred to any human being. If that's what Bahai's believe and teach then they are (sadly) just another deluded and dangerous religious sect that insists on replacing well-established human knowledge and wisdom with the very same kind mystical and mythical mumbo jumbo that is really responsible for the mess that humanity finds itself in today. The solution is not more exclusive theocratic government but more inclusive, secular and humanistic government. If Baha'u'llah couldn't see that in the 19th century, he is not only not a divinely appointed "prophet" - he's not even a particularly wise human being. And if that statement is considered sacrilege, tough titty!