• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Absolute is an Absolute Truth ?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Buttons* said:
truth is subjective
Always?

Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius. (This is an absolute truth.)
When it is 32 degrees Fahrenheit outside, it's miserably cold. (This is a subjective truth.)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hmmm ? The make-up of the water also comes into play , doesn't it ? { how cold would it have to get to freeze the Great Salt Lake ? ;) } Also if the water is flowing .

As for all living things being born to die , at best all that I can say is that all living things that I know of die . Untill we know all living things , it is only a general statement . Isn't it ?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
kreeden said:
Hmmm ? The make-up of the water also comes into play , doesn't it ? { how cold would it have to get to freeze the Great Salt Lake ? ;) } Also if the water is flowing .

As for all living things being born to die , at best all that I can say is that all living things that I know of die . Untill we know all living things , it is only a general statement . Isn't it ?
Sure is. Universe will end someday though, especially if we get off this planet. Human's love to consume.

A

angellous_evangellous

An absolute truth requires absolute honesty on the part of the one interpreting the "truth."

The ones among us who are absolutely honest have been founders or great leaders of religion, philosophy, art, music, academia and science.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
angellous_evangellous said:
An absolute truth requires absolute honesty on the part of the one interpreting the "truth.".
Good point . Even if truth is subjective , if we were absolutely honest ... I'm not sure how to word that ? :) But it seems to me that honesty would lead to a more honest subjectiveness , allowing one to be more objective .... or at the very least , allowing one to seperate the two .