• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How About That Weather?

Thank you zenzero, that is a very useful bit of information. I am certainly not a Buddhist monk, but I have had some success keeping warm on cold days by holding warm thoughts in my mind. In light of this information I shall focus on my breathing as well so I may increase my success rate at staying warm.
Thanks again!

Actually methylatedghosts, it is better to keep your clothes on in hot weather. A layer of loose fitting bright colored cotton covering as much skin as possible is best. It blocks the rays of the sun and slows down the evaporation of water (sweat) so clothing is cooler.
Of course if you are at the beach admiring the senary you can always jump in the water!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Actually methylatedghosts, it is better to keep your clothes on in hot weather. A layer of loose fitting bright colored cotton covering as much skin as possible is best. It blocks the rays of the sun and slows down the evaporation of water (sweat) so clothing is cooler.
Of course if you are at the beach admiring the senary you can always jump in the water!
I'd much rather be tanned - besides, Vit. D and all that jazz :p

Bit of sun cream and you'll be fine - just make sure you don't get burnt xD

And in my experience, no shirt is always less warm than wearing a shirt. Especially if there's a breeze - faster evaporation means more heat is transferred to the air quicker ;)

Yes, there are always alternatives of course. When at the beach, if you have it you should flaunt it. No need to be ashamed of how God made us.

Morse

To Extinguish
I appreciate most kinds of weather, but I'll just flat out deny any enjoyment from sunny weather. My eyes are too sensitive to bright light, and within 45 minutes of being in sunlight (regardless of my hydration or if I'm in shade) I'll be afflicted with a raging headache, and the inability to see.

Heat is fine, sun is not. Even though our sun is the source of our survival.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nothing,

Thank you zenzero, that is a very useful bit of information. I am certainly not a Buddhist monk, but I have had some success keeping warm on cold days by holding warm thoughts in my mind. In light of this information I shall focus on my breathing as well so I may increase my success rate at staying warm.
Thanks again!

There is no need to be a monk for being enlightened even if it is about a fact of life.
The overall quality of life improves greatly if you become aware of your own breathing.
Have been trying for so many years but yet to master it ot be aware for more than a few minutes at a strech.

Wish you all the best.

LOve & rgds