• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

House votes to impose agreement to block rail strike

We Never Know

No Slack
Thoughts??

"The House on Wednesday voted to block a strike by the nation's railway workers, intervening in a labor dispute with wide-ranging economic and political implications.

The House voted 290-137 to adopt the tentative deal between the rail companies and employees reached in September and brokered by the White House.

In a second, separate 221-207 vote -- aimed at addressing progressive Democrats' concerns over protecting workers -- the House added seven days of paid sick leave to the agreement, which currently calls for only one.

Just three Republicans vote in favor of the added paid leave.

The two bills now head to the Senate."

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I think it's bad precedent to interfere in n employees ability to strike.

It's like stopping public protests.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If the government is going to intervene on behalf of the company to protect the economy from disruption by strikers I hope they strike anyway. Disruption is the point. I'm sorry speaking out against zero days off is a big inconvenience. Lol.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it's bad precedent to interfere in n employees ability to strike.

It's like stopping public protests.
Consider that we have regulation against monopolistic
practices by businesses. It makes sense to have the
same kind of regulation of unionized labor. Moreover,
the Interstate Commerce Clause provides great power
over companies & unions that span state lines.
Dangerous this power is, this still appears to be useful
regulation...in this case.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thoughts??

"The House on Wednesday voted to block a strike by the nation's railway workers, intervening in a labor dispute with wide-ranging economic and political implications.

The House voted 290-137 to adopt the tentative deal between the rail companies and employees reached in September and brokered by the White House.

In a second, separate 221-207 vote -- aimed at addressing progressive Democrats' concerns over protecting workers -- the House added seven days of paid sick leave to the agreement, which currently calls for only one.

Just three Republicans vote in favor of the added paid leave.

The two bills now head to the Senate."

Well you know pro union Biden. The backbone of the country.

Joey wouldn't ever engage in union busting a deal. Must be an imposter.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If the government is going to intervene on behalf of the company to protect the economy from disruption by strikers I hope they strike anyway. Disruption is the point. I'm sorry speaking out against zero days off is a big inconvenience. Lol.
If I remember correctly, I was told multiple times the President dosent have any real control or influence in the direction of the economy and its inflationary effects.

So it's pointless to go deal busting a union. The president apparently can't cause Inflation and the like.

Based on people of course stating VEHEMENTLY the Democrat administration has nothing to do with the direction of the economy.