• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot Chocolate for Chocoholics

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
1 Cup of whole milk
1/2 Cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
3/4 Cup of sugar
8 ounces of chocolate (I just use chips.)

Combine milk, cream, vanilla, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.

When the mixture is hot, add the chocolate and stir until it is completely melted.

Pour into a cup and do your best to wait until it cools a bit. :drool: Adding whipped cream helps. It's like drinking a chocolate bar.

*Recipe adapted from Hot Chocolate by Michael Turback.

Mmm... I used to make some delicious hot carob with boiling milk, carob powder, sugar, and a hint of cinnamon and then topping it off with cream freshly whipped, topped with carob chip shavings... absolutely to DIE for! XD Cinnamon in hot carob milk and hot chocolate is an essential ingredient to me!

I generally never crave chocolate bars, but I do somehow end up craving hot chocolate all the time!

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
You read my mind ~ I plan on adding Cinnamon and Cloves to the next batch.

This book is a lot of fun! He has a recipe for Hot Chocolate Eggnog. *cue Ode To Joy* :dan:

You read my mind ~ I plan on adding Cinnamon and Cloves to the next batch.

This book is a lot of fun! He has a recipe for Hot Chocolate Eggnog. *cue Ode To Joy* :dan:

There's this vegetarian cookbook that I 'stole' from my ex-boyfriend (I cooked from it for the duration of my being with him and he didn't touch that cookbook, if at all) by this Transcendental Meditation woman, and it has SUCH easy and beautifullly simple vegetarian recipes.

It has a delicious little recipe for chocolate cream pie, which is absolutely delicious, if I can say myself... basically making a custardy-base with whipping cream, chocolate, sugar, and cornstarch and then stirred on medium heat until thickened... onto a pre-cooked homemade pie crust... soooo delicious!!

:angel2: A taste of heaven!

I also loved making quick chocolate cupcakes with self-raising flour and used whipping cream as 'frosting' with chocoate shavings on top... such a treat! ^__^

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I was afraid to do the numbers on this recipe, and with good reason: Turns out a mug-full comes to over 800 calories. :eek:

Here's a lighter version (serves about 5)

2 Cups whole milk
1 Cup Skim milk or Chocolate Soy (or Almond) milk
2 Tablespoons of vanilla
1/2 Cup sugar
8 oz of chocolate

Same directions as above. This comes to 364 calories per 10 oz mug. :coffee2:

daisyforrester

Hi Anne,

As I am a huge fan of chocolate and chocolate recipes, I would like to thank you.I made the recipe which you had mentioned. It was amazing and mouthwatering.