• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Horrible situation in Lebanon

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Lebanon the only country in the middle East with 50% Christian population is plunged into a terrible crisis exacerbated by the horrible explosion of fertilizer that destroyed half of Beirut not so far back, the Lebanese currency has suffered horrible devaluation so that the country can't afford to buy medicine or fuel to power its electricity generation. Lebanon used to be a French colony, and after the devastating port explosion, French President Macron visited the country and pledged to help, as we have come to expect from people like Macron, the assistance amounted to far too little too late, and the country is facing almost anarchy, I pray for Lebanon every day, have good Lebanese friends and cry a tear for this poor country, If you're the praying type I suggest you do too.

Lebanon struck by power cut as major plants shut down

Lyndon

Premium Member
yes, international help is crucial which unfortunately doesn't mean it will happen in this too cruel world

epronovost

The biggest problem in Lebanon isn't so much lack of money or international help, but political instability and mismanagement which prevents the government to actual use funds and international help to solve its problems. There isn't a solid enough structure upon which international help could be used.

Lyndon

Premium Member
The government is not very stable but there's no way to run a budget when your money is worthless and no one will accept it as currency so its a bit more complicated than that.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I believe it's also worth noting that in addition to all these domestic issues, Lebanon has been carrying the brunt of the Syrian refugee crisis, with more than a million Syrians having to live in refugee camps for years - in addition to the already sizable population of Palestinian refugees who fled either the Syrian civil war or their oppression in Israel.

Lebanon's Syrian refugees: The forgotten victims of the Beirut blast, and collateral damage in a national crisis - Lebanon

Lebanon's political system was already looking mighty unstable before the catastrophe, facing not only an economic crisis, but also masses of mostly young Lebanese protesting the system's faults and inequalities. I do hope that the people of the Lebanon find a peaceful solution, but I fear things aren't going to get much better for a good while until such a solution can be found.

How Beirut's port explosion exacerbates Lebanon's economic crisis

Disaster aid distribution after Beirut explosion reflects Lebanese societal divides

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Lebanon the only country in the middle East with 50% Christian population is plunged into a terrible crisis exacerbated by the horrible explosion of fertilizer that destroyed half of Beirut not so far back, the Lebanese currency has suffered horrible devaluation so that the country can't afford to buy medicine or fuel to power its electricity generation. Lebanon used to be a French colony, and after the devastating port explosion, French President Macron visited the country and pledged to help, as we have come to expect from people like Macron, the assistance amounted to far too little too late, and the country is facing almost anarchy, I pray for Lebanon every day, have good Lebanese friends and cry a tear for this poor country, If you're the praying type I suggest you do too.

Lebanon struck by power cut as major plants shut down
This is what happens when offices in the government are assigned based on religion, and not competence.

Ciao

- viole

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
The biggest problem in Lebanon isn't so much lack of money or international help, but political instability and mismanagement which prevents the government to actual use funds and international help to solve its problems. There isn't a solid enough structure upon which international help could be used.

This.....

I pray for Lebanon every day, have good Lebanese friends and cry a tear for this poor country, If you're the praying type I suggest you do too.

I hope and definitely pray for the Lebanese people to find some sort of stability. That whole region seems volatile and with a Lebanese government that is unstable as you said may result in anarchy.