• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honor the fallen....

Scott1

I couldn't find a similar thread (hope I didn't miss it) and just wanted to post these here.

As of today:
Number of Operations Iraq Freedom and Enduring Freedom casualties
as confirmed by U.S. Central Command: 4701

Most recent casualties:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
mihalo_anthony_g_lg.JPG
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marine Cpl. Anthony G. Mihalo[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 14, 2008 [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marine Lance Cpl. Travis M. Stottlemyer[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 17, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Army Pfc. Jonathon L. Luscher[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 17, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Army Staff Sgt. Kristopher D. Rodgers[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 16, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Army 1st Lt. Donald C. Carwile[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 15, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Army Pfc. Paul E. Conlon[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 15, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marine Lance Cpl. Jacob J. Toves[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 14, 2008[/FONT]

Scott1

Of special interest to me, the most recent of my Military Police brothers to fall in battle:

Army Cpl. James M. Hale

23, of Naperville, Ill.; assigned to the 978th Military Police Company, Fort Bliss, Texas; died Aug. 13 in Baghdad of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.

hale_james_m_lg.JPG

mp_image1.gif

Law Enforcement Memorial Prayer

Dear Lord, law enforcement is not an easy task to do,
Yet, there are many who choose to wear the shield.
They serve each day, to the oaths they swore are true,
Protecting and serving, a safer, better world to build.

Lord now we gather to pay our deepest honor,
To those of ours officers, killed in the line of duty.
It matters not the style of shield they wore,
Only that they served with pride, and honor.

Lord all that matters is that they were one of us,
Serving wherever needed, richest mansion to dirtiest alley.
Confident and proud, highly honored by the peoples trust,
So they carried a shield, mindful of all their sacred duties.

Lord you have called several of ours home to glory,
The race with life for them is now done.
Peace, blessed peace, in safety, forever now with Thee,
Welcome rest, now in heaven for all of eternity.

May time never erase the sacrifices that were made,
May no officer ever fall alone, to lie cold in their grave .
May those of us still serving, remember well the price they paid,
May their memories stand forever as those who went down brave.

Lord give us courage to carry on, to still live and care,
To not be vengeful or bitter, to simply trust Your word it true.
May we always cover with pride the shield we wear,
To honor all fallen officers, whom we now commend to you.

Officer Thomas Guthery

kai

ragamuffin
I feel bad for their families, but they did choose to sign up for the military and are playing with weapons that may cause casualties...

a tad insensitive ,and i think you miss the point, i shall say no more lest this admirable thread gets hijacked.

UnityNow101

I can delete my post if happens to offend anyone as I was just stating how I feel. They choose to put themselves into harms way and know that death could easily be lurking around every corner.

Scott1

I can delete my post if happens to offend anyone as I was just stating how I feel. They choose to put themselves into harms way and know that death could easily be lurking around every corner.
I bet your the kind of insensative idiot that would stand up at a funeral at tell the children "Hey, mommy was fat.... she shoulda known her heart would fail eventually!" :areyoucra

UnityNow101

Kind of a different situation, don't you think? Whereas mommy should have watched what she had to eat, she wasn't engaged in stopping anyone else's heart in the process. You know the old saying, "If you are playing with fire, sooner or later you are going to get burned."

Last edited:

Jeremy Mason

Kind of a different situation, don't you think? Whereas mommy should have watched what she had to eat, she wasn't engaged in stopping anyone else's heart in the process. You know the old saying, "If you are playing with fire, sooner or later you are going to get burned."

Hey UN101, your not only burning yourself, but the bridge your standing on. Perhaps it's time to take a few classes in courtesy and consideration. :yes:

Reactions: kai

UnityNow101

You do know that they go overseas to kill or be killed, do you not? Am I the only one that knows of this, or am I missing something? We are not talking about the Girl Scouts passing out cookies to the poor, but rather men and women who go into a foreign land to kill other individuals. This we know for a fact. Sometimes facts are not considerate to your whims and opinions.

UnityNow101

I think you mean, he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

Thank you. That one may have been the quote that I was thinking of, although fire can be a metaphor to death and destruction.

Jeremy Mason

[/quote]

You do know that they go overseas to kill or be killed, do you not? Am I the only one that knows of this, or am I missing something?

Our military is there to protect. It's not a lottery for people with death wishes. The thing your missing is a third grade education.

We are not talking about the Girl Scouts passing out cookies to the poor, but rather men and women who go into a foreign land to kill other individuals. This we know for a fact. Sometimes facts are not considerate to your whims and opinions.

Hey Ron Burgundy, when your done smelling your armpits and making poor Girl Scout analogies, go to your local military recruiting office and sign yourself up for a reality check. The military is great at making arrogant, miss guided souls like yourself into men of integrity and honor. You'll be glad you did and so will we.

UnityNow101

The military is great at making arrogant, miss guided souls like yourself into men of integrity and honor. You'll be glad you did and so will we.

If you want to believe me to be misguided for stating the facts, than that is fine. No harm done. I can guarantee you that you will never see me, as a staunch supporter of life, joining the military and the culture of death.

Jeremy Mason

If you want to believe me to be misguided for stating the facts, than that is fine. No harm done. I can guarantee you that you will never see me, as a staunch supporter of life, joining the military and the culture of death.

Your statement of the facts are as nearsighted as the Fox News Channel and your academic shortcomings are insensitive to the men and women who risk their lives daily in protecting the freedom you've wasted on mental masturbation and your narcissistic, myopic delusion. Remember, a fool is considered wise if he is silent. My advice to you is read a book, find your better judgment and cut some slack to those who are trying to help you.

kai

ragamuffin
You do know that they go overseas to kill or be killed, do you not? Am I the only one that knows of this, or am I missing something? We are not talking about the Girl Scouts passing out cookies to the poor, but rather men and women who go into a foreign land to kill other individuals. This we know for a fact. Sometimes facts are not considerate to your whims and opinions.

if you want to discuss the ins and outs joining the armed services then start another thread, this is obviously an in memorial thread(and thats what you are missing) and you are trolling it .

its like going to the persecution of Bahais in Iran thread and posting "well they chose to be Bahai"

Last edited:

gnomon

Instead you will just grace us with some inept ramblings. It has been stated and recorded. Please stop.

edit: Thanks for the thread, Scott.

Last edited:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I feel bad for their families, but they did choose to sign up for the military and are playing with weapons that may cause casualties...

I'm disappointed in this post, Unity.

These men and women did choose to sign up, but I think it would be an incredibly small percentage that had malice in their hearts, or some type of "death wish" when they did so.

The VAST majority of these people enlist because they see it as an opportunity to make a living, learn a skill set, and help people along the way.

It is the civilian leadership that chooses how to use the armed forces - not the soldiers themselves.