• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexual Marriages (Again)

pdoel

Binyamin said:
You type fast :)

Yes, well saying it's the best thing to happen to them, isn't the same as going up to a stranger and talking him into getting a divorce.
But people DO do that. In fact, I've heard MANY people speak out against marriage. Many people feel marriage is wrong, and that people should just live together. So yes, people ARE outspoken against marriage and divorce!

And...? Why would I care what non-Jews do with dirvorce...
Well, then may I ask why would you care if non-Jewish homosexuals were to get married? If they aren't of your faith, and they don't follow your beliefs, why would you possibly care if they get married?

So what? We're not claiming we're perfect, we're claiming that the laws still apply, ALL of them. Just because we can't follow them 100% doesn't mean they are invalid.
But that is my biggest problem. I for one, am tired of being told how I should live my life by people who are no more moral than I. Who also sin, day in and day out. Pre-marital sex is a sin, yet the LARGE majority of American people (regardless of their faith) had pre-marital sex. But regardless of their religion, while people realize it's wrong, they do it anyway. Eventually, they get married, ask forgiveness, and then figure all is well. Is it? Or are they still full of sin?

Why are their sins less of a problem than mine? Why is it have laws that allow us to divorce, have abortions, murder (under certain circumstances), etc., even though these are CLEARLY sins, yet, we can't allow gay marriage, because that, just like all these others, is a sin?

No matter how you look at it, it's a double standard. It's ok to forget sins and create laws which ALLOW people to continue sinning, as long as it benefits the majority. But when it comes to homosexuality, even though this is no worse of a sin than the others, we don't allow homosexual marriage, because, quite frankly, it affects a far fewer number of people in this country. We can use the Bible, our faith, whatever we want to say why it's wrong. But unless you are willing to abide by ALL the laws of your religion, then who are you to really point fingers at the other sin, and create laws against them?

pdoel

Binyamin said:
The noahide laws include sexual immorality, aka homosexuality which from Judaism's point of view, applies to everyone. The divorce laws are meant for Jews.
Here's a question for you then. We are all God's creatures. We're all, children of God. With that in mind, why are there laws for Jews, but different laws for others? Does that mean that if I don't don't follow the laws that apply to Jews, I will go to heaven? By that if you are a Jew, and you break one of the "Jewish only" laws, you would go to Hell?

Why the double standard? To me, that seems like a contradiction, and I'm not sure why God would contradict himself? Why would he let some get away with certain sins, but not others? And, if it is your belief that anyone who isn't a Jew would not be accepted into Heaven, then why on Earth should I follow ANY of God's laws? Because, at that point, I'm going to Hell no matter what.