• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Sites

xkatz

I want to talk about holy sites (ie places like the Wall, the Kaaba, etc). It is one of the most bothersome things to me in religion. Because of holy sites, people fight wars so they can claim holy ground as theirs (like in the crusades). And to be honest, what makes a holy place so holy? It might hold historical importance (ie prophet X was here, people claim), but does that really matter? Isn't the kindness, peace, spirituality and prayers that really matter? Is it really right to fight wars for land that may be "holy"?

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't know, but it is very interesting to me.

I've found that almost all holy sites have been holy since a city has existed, just as the graveyards and trash areas are just piled one on top of the other for centuries.

I think that as humans, we sense where the holy and unholy are, and experience God there as we are able.

Mr Cheese

maker1.jpg
well, there are places that have spiritual power...and energy...
for those able to "see" them....or "feel" them....

Thousands of years of spiritual focus on one place tends to do that....

Then there are ley lines... you can draw straight lines around the globe that link holy sites to each other.

Myself, I have only been to Glastonbury in England..... and it is a holy site....
but it is like walking into a room with a thousand spot lights.....

It is only when you leave the room do you truly notice how bright the lights were...

Mr Cheese

Is their any proof you have of this?

proof? no not really, it might be new age mumbo jumbo nonsense

however you CAN get a map and draw straight lines to many of the worlds holy sites... aparently

Ley line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leylines

pic21.jpg

A ley alignment marked out on an airphoto at Saintbury, in the English Cotswold hills. The line follows the general line of an ancient track, and passes through a medieval cross, a Saxon church, and prehistoric burial mounds beyond.
Photo: Paul Devereux.
Copyright: © Paul Devereux, 1996.