• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hitchen's Challange

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Even within the animal kingdom, the genders within the species have their roles and responsibilities, all designed to be conducive and efficacious to their respective anatomies.
You already said this in the very post I was refuting. Repeating your claim doesn't solidify it as a fact, sorry.

Other animals in the animal kingdom don't have genders because gender is a social construct made up by humans.

The most obvious fact is the biology, gender demands variations in their constitution and these differences remain consistent between the two genders. And this is why one can predict a particular temperament from one gender to another.
I and several other posters have already thoroughly demonstrated that our ideas about gender have not been constant, and in fact have changed dramatically over the centuries.
You aren't paying attention.

Humans are no different, girls like pink and clothes, men like blue and electronics. Nothing's changed, and most normal people prefer these distinctions - women want their men stoic and masculine, and men like their women demure and feminine.
Already addressed as well.

Girls don't like pink clothes, rather society deems that girls should like pink clothes. I used to like purple clothes when I was a young girl. Am I not actually a girl then? My nephew has loved the colour green since he was very little. Is he not actually a boy then? A couple of hundred years ago pink was considered a boy's colour, as already pointed out to you. Do you actually read anybody's posts or what?? A LOT has changed over the years when it comes to the social construct that we call gender.

Men like blue and electronics? Men like their women demure and feminine? Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

I want a man who is sensitive and funny who feels safe expressing regular human emotions in my presence. To you, that wouldn't be a real man now, would it?

I'm starting to think you're pulling our leg here.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Biology dictates gender - show me a vagina, and I'll show you a girl, a she, a female, a matriarch, ...

Biology doesn't dictate that women like pink and men like blue - society does that.
Biology doesn't dictate that women are emotional and men are stoic - society does that.

I won't be showing you any vaginas.
I don't imagine many other women will be either.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How one dresses, does not change the fact of their gender. If a confused or misguided female, for example, either thinks that she is a man, or wants to dress unconventionally in men's attire, it doesn't change the fact that she's a woman - her vagina or fallopian tubes will tell you that.
Someone is confused and misguided alright ...

DNB

Christian
So the only thing you have to offer in response to well thought out posts is insults?
Insults are the last refuge of people who have no arguments left. So thanks for revealing that to everyone.
He has veritable comprehension issues, he's missed every single point that I've attempted to make?

DNB

Christian
Great, then feel free to go ahead and demonstrate that.

You didn't understand the analogy. Oh well.

You don't find sex fun? It's all business and seriousness?| Sorry for you.
You didn't understand the reply.
Sex is not fun, ...you should consider assuming a more mature approach to it!

DNB

Christian
Not in the manner I'm supposing?

So in what manner then, do our bodies belong to us?
As stewards - intended to care and maintain it, and to treat it with respect, sobriety, and reverence as it was given to us - we did not design nor request it.

DNB

Christian
You already said this in the very post I was refuting. Repeating your claim doesn't solidify it as a fact, sorry.

Other animals in the animal kingdom don't have genders because gender is a social construct made up by humans.

I and several other posters have already thoroughly demonstrated that our ideas about gender have not been constant, and in fact have changed dramatically over the centuries.
You aren't paying attention.

Already addressed as well.

Girls don't like pink clothes, rather society deems that girls should like pink clothes. I used to like purple clothes when I was a young girl. Am I not actually a girl then? My nephew has loved the colour green since he was very little. Is he not actually a boy then? A couple of hundred years ago pink was considered a boy's colour, as already pointed out to you. Do you actually read anybody's posts or what?? A LOT has changed over the years when it comes to the social construct that we call gender.

Men like blue and electronics? Men like their women demure and feminine? Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

I want a man who is sensitive and funny who feels safe expressing regular human emotions in my presence. To you, that wouldn't be a real man now, would it?

I'm starting to think you're pulling our leg here.
What is so flippin' hard in understanding that a penis defines the gender? Uterus, fallopian tubes, vagina, breasts all determine what gender or sex that a person is, either human or any other living organism on earth (outside of rare exceptions).
Men are predictable as men, and women the same - girls play with dolls and men play with trucks, girls sew and men play sports. Girls braid their hair, men don't.
Men are expected to give their lives for a woman, it's not the other way around.

Tell the men to stop sleeping with each other, and the women to do the same amongst themselves.

...a serious woman, does not look for a funny man - maybe that's why you think that sex is fun?

DNB

Christian
Biology doesn't dictate that women like pink and men like blue - society does that.
Biology doesn't dictate that women are emotional and men are stoic - society does that.

I won't be showing you any vaginas.
I don't imagine many other women will be either.
What makes you think that you're a woman (you told me that you were)? Is it not because of your flippin' genitalia????

ppp

Is it not because of your flippin' genitalia????
No. I am cis, and I have always been bemused by societies attempting to assign cultural roles based on my genitalia. I have always thought that attaching arbitrary roles based on genitalia was bizarre. Even decades before I had an understanding of sex vs gender.vs preference.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He has veritable comprehension issues, he's missed every single point that I've attempted to make?
The problem appears to be that you have made no points. You keep stating assumptions as if they were fact. When asked for evidence for your assumptions you did not provide any. That means that though you may have tried to make a point, you have not done so.

I don't think he missed anything.

DNB

Christian
No. I am cis, and I have always been bemused by societies attempting to assign cultural roles based on my genitalia. I have always thought that attaching arbitrary roles based on genitalia was bizarre. Even decades before I had an understanding of sex vs gender.vs preference.
You don't know whether you're a boy or a girl????

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You didn't understand the reply.
Sex is not fun, ...you should consider assuming a more mature approach to it!

Sex is fun and it feels good, for myself and my partner anyway. Sorry it isn't for you.

What mature approach do you suggest I take? Viewing it as a chore? No thanks, I enjoy bonding with my partner too much.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As stewards - intended to care and maintain it, and to treat it with respect, sobriety, and reverence as it was given to us - we did not design nor request it.
Nobody gave me my body - I was born with it. It's mine.
I respect your rights to your body just as much as I respect my rights to mine.