• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hitchen's Challange

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hitchen's Challange

One may like to read my post #99 in another thread/forum, which is in a way related here also, methinks, please. Right?
I must say that one of the 4 horsemen of "nones", namely Christopher Hitchens failed to understand Buddha correctly when he named a chapter on Buddhism, if somebody here has read his book "God is not Great":
"Chapter Fourteen: There Is No "Eastern" Solution"

Buddha was not a G-d, but he did not deny G-d and was a believer of G-d, I envision. Right?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Ok, you said both,. my mistake. ...but, I obviously meant outside of the involuntary functions as in urination, when it comes to it's functionality and compatibility with other organs, no one contests the symbiosis that exists between a vagina and penis.
Urination is a voluntary function for me, I don't know about for you.

AND, no, the penis does NOT fit quite nicely in other places, any more than using a banana or cucumber does - it doesn't take a monkey to discern the irrationality that such a forced and unnatural action is derived from.
It does though. As do bananas or cucumbers.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
My stars, how long is this going to take???
Did you chose your skin or eye colour, your bone size or density, your metabolism, your blood type, your parents?
Did you even ask to be born, or in this decade or century?
Nope, but I own my own body. As does every other human living on the planet.

You only think that you are in control, because you've been given certain freedoms as to how you conduct yourself either with others, or with your own body.
Yep, I control what I do with my own body.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I equate gender with sex, for me, they are interchangeable.
Well, there's your first mistake.

But, I prefer gender to denote one's biological definition as to whether they are a boy or a girl, because sex is also a verb which can confuse the matter.
There's your second mistake.

Only when the deviants came along and began to beguile societies with the notion that homosexuality is normal, and that any protest against it was discriminatory and bigoted, did the feeble minded succumb and attempt to redefine biological facts.
It is normal. Homosexuality has been around for as long as humans and other animals have been here.

Just because you can't tell the difference between sex and gender doesn't mean that the rest of us can't. That's your problem, not everyone else's.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I must say that one of the 4 horsemen of "nones", namely Christopher Hitchens failed to understand Buddha correctly when he named a chapter on Buddhism, if somebody here has read his book "God is not Great":
"Chapter Fourteen: There Is No "Eastern" Solution"

Buddha was not a G-d, but he did not deny G-d and was a believer of G-d, I envision. Right?

I have my copy at hand, and I think I know the answer, but care to offer some evidence for your claim?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Name a wicked statement made or action performed precisely because of religious faith?

The Inquisition.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Why wouldn't it be ethical? It comes from concern for the well-being of others.
Instead of bouncing the question back at me, how about answering it?

And who says everyone is praying with "concern for the well-being of others?" And how does praying actually increase the well-being of others?
The moral action in that case, imo, would be to take an action that actually contributes something to the well-being of others.