• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism Interview

Brad H.

Hi everybody. I am in a world religions class and I need to interview someone of the Hinduism faith. Please help.

1. How do you practice good karma?

2. How do you see reincarnation?

3. Except for reincarnation, is there any other ideas of afterlife?

4. Is there a rule for what someone of hindusim gets reincarnated as?

5. What does prayer consist of?

Thank you for your help.

-Brad H.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
My answers below, other Hindus may vary

By maintaining good thoughts and brotherly love to all,
As a means for the soul to advance through many different experiences.
After death we spend time on the higher planes as our departed among beauty and digesting of the learning experience of the past life. Kind of like heaven but not permanent.
In almost all cases the path of the soul is upwards and a human would not reincarnate as anything less than human.
Beseeching higher plane beings (gods) for assistance.
Thank you for your help.
Your welcome.[/QUOTE]

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Hi everybody. I am in a world religions class and I need to interview someone of the Hinduism faith. Please help.

Karma is action , ...so duty within the comunity and family is a very strong ethic , how we would practice it would be maintaining right motivation and abstaining from selfish actions , from lying , from greed , from avarice , .. , and abstaining from Killing

as a reflection of ones behavior in this life many Hindu see reincarnation as a chance to continue their spiritual practice , so if one has made the best use of this life the rebirth will be fortunate , if we have not made full use of it we may take a less fortunate , ...

Higer plains as described above except some traditions within Hinduism do beleive in an eternal abode which is the higest from which there is no return .

No the results of Karma are extremely complex as we all will have made some positive actions and also some negative actions each will be reflected in some way although not all at once so our next birth will have some fortunes and some missfortunes all rolled in to one , ..but from these lessons we are supposed to learn and make gradual spiritual progress .

Both humble requests for guidance and blessings , ..and glorification of which ever form of God the tradition follows ,
one very important destinction is that some Hindu traditions see God as formless whilst others see him as an eternal being , those who beleive in the eternal being worship that being as a person in which case prayer also contains a high level of Praise or glorification ...