1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Higher self, self-deification and buddha nature

Discussion in 'Satanism DIR' started by agorman, Jul 7, 2019.

1. agorman

agorman Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Religion:
    My own path of experimentation.
    I've noticed you guys in the Left Hand Path have the goal of self-deification. Isn't that the same as enlightenment as is considered by some Buddhist schools? Could the LHP's Higher Self be compared to an individual's buddha nature?

My way of thinking is LHP, but I feel better with the buddhas. Satan has been so "yin" for me the last time I've put him on my altar, I thought he was literally killing me. Maybe I used an image that was too Christian? Maybe he prefers me to put him as the dark goat god? I thought he wanted an image of a rebel angel:

[​IMG]

Curiously I also had the same bad feeling when I put a black buddha.

I don't like the Buddhist rules and goals of detaching from everything, annihilation, asceticism, etc. But some Buddhist schools seem to believe in a higher self of sorts. So enlightenment would be to become some sort of deity; a buddha or a bodhisattva.

In fact I have a friend who believes Buddhism's goal is just to annihilate our human part; not really the whole ego.

2. agorman

agorman Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Religion:
    Seems some demostration of loyalty to Satan was needed to end up the discomfort. Putting a small sign on my altar that says "I renounce the Demiurge" seems to have solved the problem. Time will tell if Gnostic Satanism is my path.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liu

Liu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404
    Religion:
    Pandiabololatry
    We'd probably need to ask some Buddhists whether they consider this characterization of their religion accurate, and we'd likely get different answers depending which one we ask.

Detachment from desires can also be compatible with the LHP in my opinion. Typically, the LHP is the path of balance between extremes, but as I recently mentioned in some other thread here, overcoming a desire (or specific problematic aspects thereof) completely can be a good solution if one is fighting with an addiction to it. Still I doubt my approaches to asceticism would find the agreement of many traditional schools of Buddhism ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. FooYang

FooYang Active Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Religion:
    Jainism
    Lol, definitely not. Higher Self is a Self, it is a metaphysical form. Buddhanature (Tathagatagarbha et al) is above existence and nonexistence. The Higher Self is more like an intermediary deity, in comparison. The Self itself in Buddhism at least, is not eternal in the same sense, because everything dissolves into the clear light of Emptiness. Really when you look at it, Buddhism is like an extreme form of RHP because it is the release of everything, not that attainment of something vertically.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. agorman

agorman Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Religion:
    Hmmm, let's see how I manage to put that in agree with my UPG; in which Satan (I think he prefers to be called Samael) recommended me to put a golden Buddha on my altar. He said to me (by inspiration/thoughts/voice of consciousness) that the meaning of the Buddha in the Left Hand Path is different; it symbolizes the man who "made it"; who discovered the god he really is. Thus it's a symbol of self-deification. But only within the LHP context; in which it stays as just one more symbol or magical tool. I don't know what you guys think about this idea.

BTW, another thing that ended my discomfort with Satan/Samael is to put an image of the white serpent, Lilith, next to his picture. Seems she bestows balance by giving light (!). But it's not the same light from the Demiurge; it's another frequency.

6. Liu

Liu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404
    Religion:
    Pandiabololatry
    Most LHPers' opinion on Buddhism, from what I encountered, seemed quite a bit more negative, i.e. considering his goal to be harmful and not in line with LHP-goals.
    As I wrote above, likely depends on the kind of Buddhism whether valid or not.

Haven't ever heard of Lilith being a white serpent.

7. agorman

agorman Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Religion:
    Never read about her color, but that's how I've seen her in trance so far, twice. Weird; I thought someone else had a vision or read something about her being white. Never seen her in her human aspect so far.

8. crossfire

crossfire Antinomian feminist heretic freak ☿
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,423
    Religion:
    ☿ Mercuræn Buddhist & Ordained Pastafarian
    Golden Buddha would be Ratnasambhava.
    Ratnasambhava - Wikipedia

The serpent would be the naga Mucalinda.

[​IMG]

#8 crossfire, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. agorman

agorman Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Religion:
    But wasn't Mucalinda the one who protected Siddharta from a rain before he achieved enlightenment?

10. crossfire

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,423
    Religion:
    Well, yeah, before and after enlightenment. Mucalinda was with Buddha under the Bodhi tree. There is an interesting story about Mucalinda regarding the higher self--Buddha called it a conceit, which is an interesting tie back/synchronicity to this thread topic. It also ties in to the symbolism of Ratnasambhava

Muccalinda Sutta: About Muccalinda

11. agorman

agorman Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Religion:
    Well that story is interesting because it basically mentions a good shapeshifting reptilian. But it doesn't really clarify if the "I am" refers to the lower or the higher self.

12. crossfire

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,423
    Religion:
    Indeed.