• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hi

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Just a small question for those LHP'ers here.

i recently had a discussion with a xtian, He said I'm a satanist,because I don't believe in christianity as they believe it.

I told him that one needs to believe in Jesus, before one could believe in satan. As According to wicca, Satan and theistic Satanism / Luciferianism is part of the christian myth.

How true is that statement?

Wieldthescythe

seeker of knowledge

i recently had a discussion with a xtian, He said I'm a satanist,because I don't believe in christianity as they believe it.

I told him that one needs to believe in Jesus, before one could believe in satan. As According to wicca, Satan and theistic Satanism / Luciferianism is part of the christian myth.

Who is this person to say your a satanist? It is only one person's point of view. Only YOU can truly know what and who you are.

It is not necessarily a christian myth. Just because it is found in the bible does not make it christian. The bible can be viewed through many different glasses...

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

Depends who you ask.

If you're asking me? Then the literal idea of Satan as an objective entity is tied to the idea of something much older than christianity. If you ask a theistic satanist, they would probably give you an even older period in time, and probably the start of time itself. I believe in Satan as a subjective entity or what I call an 'Aeyic construct', but not as a literal being.

To clarify, however, the idea of the biblical devil is christian, and so to some extent you would have to believe in God to believe in that interpretation of the devil. It's just something that some Christians can't seem to get their head around - The idea that there idea of a religion is different to other people's.

GhK.

Xafwak

XFWK

Untrue. One doesn´t need to believe in God or Jesus to believe in Satan. In this form satanism isn´t tied to the biblical lies.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I remember one time many years ago while walking out of a local occult bookstore on the way to my car. A Christian picketing outside, seeing I was wearing my Pentagram of Set, yelled at me "You know your going to burn in the fires of Hell!" I turned and gave him the "evil-eye" and gave the Sign of the Horns and replied - "Ha, ha... the Fires of Hell burn in me!" The Christian just shook his head and walked away.

It was great LBM.

:bat:
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Thanx all for replying.

Who is this person to say your a satanist? It is only one person's point of view. Only YOU can truly know what and who you are.
Ja, He's one of those "Holier than thou" xtians. His view seems to be that anybody who doesn't go to church is a satanist.

Traditionally, 'Satanist' has been a pejorative used to cast shadow over other ideas. Anything taboo is, and always has been, the devils domain.

So, of course, all other religions but the RIGHT(?) form of christianity are actually forms of Satanism. Just ask any evangelical, they'll tell yeh. ;)

And in all seriousness, I see no reason to discourage this line of thinking.