• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I am new to religiousfawns.com. I joined because I want to interact with fellow young deer who are religious. Do any of you personally know the stag god? :D

To be more serious, I am relatively new to religiousforums.com. What prompted me to join is my desire to participate in discussions with fellow forums who are religious.

My username is a Sanskrit word for Tuesday, the day I was born. I was born in the year of the rabbit. :rabbit:

Anyway, as those typically red British posters everywhere say,
'Keep clam and carry on.'
By the way, you that read wrong.
You read that wrong too.
You are rereading the sentence above.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I am new to religiousfawns.com. I joined because I want to interact with fellow young deer who are religious. Do any of you personally know the stag god? :D

To be more serious, I am relatively new to religiousforums.com. What prompted me to join is my desire to participate in discussions with fellow forums who are religious.

My username is a Sanskrit word for Tuesday, the day I was born. I was born in the year of the rabbit. :rabbit:

You read that wrong too.
Are you stuck in a rut?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And another welcome

fb610e3681e23b605d755c26ab37f05c.jpg

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

You read that wrong too.
Welcome to RF. I hope you find your experience meaningful here.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

You read that wrong too.
Welcome! :) Hope you have a great experience.

Unfortunately, both the rabbit and the young deer are in my freezer for future consumption. :D

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

I see what you did there. :smirk:

Welcome to the forums Mangalavara. I hope you have a great time here. :)

Thank you!

Are you stuck in a rut?

As someone who is new to religiousferrums.com, being stuck in a rut would feel a bit irony.

And another welcome

Thank you.

Greetings!
Join us for breakfast & scintillating adult
discussion in the staff cafeteria.

I think I’ll stay home for breakfast.

Welcome to RF. I hope you find your experience meaningful here.

So far, it has been a worthwhile experience. :)

Unfortunately, both the rabbit and the young deer are in my freezer for future consumption. :D

Sounds morbid.

Welcome aboard.....step lightly at first...you might get mud on your toes

Thanks for the friendly tip.

You sound perfect for us. Welcome!

Thank you. I would say you guys are actually too perfect for me, so I think I will start religiousforumscopperedition.com and post there instead. :p

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Deer Gods!
We have Cernunnos ;)
View attachment 57319
Cernunnos
"Believed to have originally been a Celtic deity, over 50 examples have been found from this time believed to be associated with him, concentrating in the north-eastern region of what was called Gaul by the ancient Romans."
Cernunnos - Wikipedia

And surprising to see him in Indus Valley civilization (3300 BCE to 1300 BCE). Today we equate it with 'Pashupati' (Lord of creatures - that includes humans too) 'Shiva', but there is no confirmation.

Pashupati.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@The Hammer
Pashupatinath is an avatar of Shiva, one of the Hindu Trinity. He is the male counterpart of Shakti.

The five faces of Pashupatinath represent various incarnations of Shiva; Sadyojata (also known as Barun), Vamdeva (also known as Uma Maheswara), Tatpurusha, Aghor & Ishana. They face West, North, East, South and Zenith respectively, representing Hinduism's five primary elements namely earth, water, air, light and ether.

Puranas describe these faces of Shiva as: Sadyojata, Vamdeva, Tatpurusha & Aghora are the four faces, The fifth is Ishana, unknowable even to the seers.

Nepal

Pashupatinath Temple, Nepal
Although Nepal is a secular state, its population is predominantly Hindu.Thus, Pashupatinath is revered as a national deity. The Pashupatinath Temple, located at the bank of the river Bagmati, is considered one of the most sacred place in Nepal. In mythology it is said that Lord Pashupatinath started living in Nepal in the form of a deer because he was enchanted by the beauty of Kathmandu Valley.
Pashupati - Wikipedia

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Paśupati is mentioned in the Śivopasana (Śiva_upasana) Mantra...

6A911CDE-305A-4E08-9722-89211036941A.jpeg

1C2959D6-F2DF-481D-AA7F-CD7EE89BD09E.jpeg

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member

You read that wrong too.
Welcome, Mangalavara.....Enjoy your time at the Religious Forums,you will find a diverse but good group here