• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi, I’m Frank Fractal

Frank Fractal

*banned*
Hello Everyone.
It was a pleasure to sign on and receive some very nice responses, so I thought I should introduce myself.
I‘m 69, Australian, into arts and technology, gardening, cooking and … lots of stuff.

‘Lots of stuff’ because I’m in the category of neurodivergent.
Relatively recently I was diagnosed with autism, as well as the ADHD I was already aware of.
Forgive me if that’s TMI in an introduction thread, but I decided it makes sense to clarify that at the outset.

Which brings me to why I’ve signed on here.

Discovering I was autistic in my mid sixties was a shock.
It explained a lot, but it also completely pulled the rug out from under my feet.

Being ADHD, my meds are supervised by a psyche who I have a short consultation with periodically.
Eventually the subject of autism came up.
His opinion is that I am definitely autistic.
That explains why I know all my numbers- credit card, drivers license, soc sec number etc etc.
I don’t need a contact list of details either, I remember whatever I need to know.
My IQ and my ability to role-play masked my autism.

Its a big subject, and one I’d like to discuss at some point with others on the spectrum.

I have been integrating that for the last few years.
Absolutely everything became questionable - my own narrative primarily.
Engaging in discussion and debate about all and everything is probably a good idea right now.

I seem to have survived the shock.
I’m nothing if not resilient.

So that’s that.

My life revolves around music.
I became a passionate guitar player beginning just prior to the pandemic.
Over the last five years I have practiced for easily ten thousand hours.
I had played intermittently, but without my new level of consistency and discipline, for many years prior to that.

This year I began building a music system which I have been refining in my head for decades.
I have a background in designing and programming microcontroller systems.

I live alone, and seem to have isolated myself from the world in recent years, which has its good points and bad points.
I get on very well with animals and young children.
I‘ve been in isolation for about five years now.

As far as my views on religion and spiritual matters are concerned, I would hesitate to define that even to myself.
Suffice to say I’m not out to prove myself right or anybody else wrong about such things.
My spiritual practice, such as it is, is to discipline the excesses of my ego, and engage in kindness and support to others who need it, and to remember that I will die.

Once again, thanks and appreciation to those members who made me feel welcome.
I look forward to some good exchanges.

:praying:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello Everyone.
It was a pleasure to sign on and receive some very nice responses, so I thought I should introduce myself.
I‘m 69, Australian, into arts and technology, gardening, cooking and … lots of stuff.

‘Lots of stuff’ because I’m in the category of neurodivergent.
Relatively recently I was diagnosed with autism, as well as the ADHD I was already aware of.
Forgive me if that’s TMI in an introduction thread, but I decided it makes sense to clarify that at the outset.

Which brings me to why I’ve signed on here.

Discovering I was autistic in my mid sixties was a shock.
It explained a lot, but it also completely pulled the rug out from under my feet.

Being ADHD, my meds are supervised by a psyche who I have a short consultation with periodically.
Eventually the subject of autism came up.
His opinion is that I am definitely autistic.
That explains why I know all my numbers- credit card, drivers license, soc sec number etc etc.
I don’t need a contact list of details either, I remember whatever I need to know.
My IQ and my ability to role-play masked my autism.

Its a big subject, and one I’d like to discuss at some point with others on the spectrum.

I have been integrating that for the last few years.
Absolutely everything became questionable - my own narrative primarily.
Engaging in discussion and debate about all and everything is probably a good idea right now.

I seem to have survived the shock.
I’m nothing if not resilient.

So that’s that.

My life revolves around music.
I became a passionate guitar player beginning just prior to the pandemic.
Over the last five years I have practiced for easily ten thousand hours.
I had played intermittently, but without my new level of consistency and discipline, for many years prior to that.

This year I began building a music system which I have been refining in my head for decades.
I have a background in designing and programming microcontroller systems.

I live alone, and seem to have isolated myself from the world in recent years, which has its good points and bad points.
I get on very well with animals and young children.
I‘ve been in isolation for about five years now.

As far as my views on religion and spiritual matters are concerned, I would hesitate to define that even to myself.
Suffice to say I’m not out to prove myself right or anybody else wrong about such things.
My spiritual practice, such as it is, is to discipline the excesses of my ego, and engage in kindness and support to others who need it, and to remember that I will die.

:praying:
Nice to meet you!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hi there. I'm 64. I recently completed two online questionairres - one to identify potential ASC and one to identify masking and accommodation behaviours of adults with undiagnosed ASC. I scored highly on both and so have dismissed them as scientifically unfounded and rather dubious in nature.

Frank Fractal

*banned*
Hi there. I'm 64. I recently completed two online questionairres - one to identify potential ASC and one to identify masking and accommodation behaviours of adults with undiagnosed ASC. I scored highly on both and so have dismissed them as scientifically unfounded and rather dubious in nature.
Yeah, you’d have to take online questionnaires with a pinch of salt.
What prompted you to do them ?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The best way that I can make you feel welcome is to help you understand how not to fall afoul of the rules. It sounds to me like you do not like surprises. Here is a url to a copy of the rules:

If you do fall afoul of the rules and get a warning email, do not be surprised. That is part of our process of letting you know. Its not immediate execution.

If you are not new to forums then be aware that our rules aren't always the same as on other forums, because we host multiple religions. Its not a simple political form or sports disagreement forum. Its religion(s) plural. We have special rules about arguing: where it is allowed, who may post what where. We have rules about who may post in the areas marked Dir. We have rules about journals, etc. When you visit a different area of the forums there may be tweaks to how things work rule-wise.

Please read the rules, and if you aren't sure about something ask. Have fun!

Frank Fractal

*banned*
The best way that I can make you feel welcome is to help you understand how not to fall afoul of the rules. It sounds to me like you do not like surprises. Here is a url to a copy of the rules:

If you do fall afoul of the rules and get a warning email, do not be surprised. That is part of our process of letting you know. Its not immediate execution.

If you are not new to forums then be aware that our rules aren't always the same as on other forums, because we host multiple religions. Its not a simple political form or sports disagreement forum. Its religion(s) plural. We have special rules about arguing: where it is allowed, who may post what where. We have rules about who may post in the areas marked Dir. We have rules about journals, etc. When you visit a different area of the forums there may be tweaks to how things work rule-wise.

Please read the rules, and if you aren't sure about something ask. Have fun!
No worries.
I‘ll read that.
Thanks.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Yeah, you’d have to take online questionnaires with a pinch of salt.
What prompted you to do them ?
I've (vaguely) recently started work as a teaching assistant and working with students diagnosed with the likes of ASC, ADHD and Tourettes meant I needed to find out about them. Perhaps there's a reason my boss always puts me with the student most obviously with ASC...

Frank Fractal

*banned*
I've (vaguely) recently started work as a teaching assistant and working with students diagnosed with the likes of ASC, ADHD and Tourettes meant I needed to find out about them. Perhaps there's a reason my boss always puts me with the student most obviously with ASC...
How old are the students ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
ef416f579cbc0add20025ef06153a979.jpg