• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Christians, I got a question for you.

Jacques Eugene

Surely True christianity is from Judaism. Now are you aware of the mystery of Israel. The state of Israel is also known as the Jewish people. Is it really what the Bible says. I would suggest that you do a good study about the history of the nation of Israel from the Bible. The nation of Israel was divided into 2 subkingdoms: the North and the South. The Bible gives clear trajectory about the southern house called the house of Judah. They did not go to Europe. They are the ancestors of those who were sold as slaves to the Europeans (Joel3:6) and taken into slavery to the Americas and the West Indies.I would be interested to talk to you more about this subject. My e-mail [email protected]

jtartar

I am trying to draw closer to G-d and I would like to explore some other religious points of view other than my own to see if they could possibly work for me. I am from a Jewish background and I would like to hear from some Christians what it is they believe exactly, why they believe, And also OT scripture to back them up if possible. I would also like to know if most Christians believe that Israel and the Jewish people have been rejected by G-d and replaced by the Church. Thanks in advance for you answers.

sushannah,
As a Christian, I love you already, just for asking such a profound question, one that has consequences of EVERLASTING life, or everlasting death. Any person who claims to have a good heart should make sure of what he believes.
The Hebrew Scriptures, are a start of many things that have their culmination in the Greek Scriptures. Genesis tells us why we are in the condition we are now in. Adam sinned against God. God then allowed man to go his own way, to prove to himself that he cannot rule himself successfully. The Bible tells us that Satan is the God of this system of things, the ruler of the world, 2Cor 4:3,4, John 12:31,16:11. There is a religious term called Pansatanism, which means that this world is a manifestation of of the personality of Satan, it's god. The Hebrew Scriptures tell us about the beginning of man's problems, but only the Greek Scriptures tell us about God's purpose for mankind and what He will do to bring about His purpose. The truth is; the Hebrew Scriptures a the KEY to understanding the Greek Scriptures. Both are needed to understand!!!
There is a theological term, Covenant Theology, which tells about God's purpose to bless all nations of the earth, Gen 22:15-18. God started to do this through the Israelites or Jews. God made them His witnesses to tell about Him to the world of mankind, Isa 43:10. God chose the Jews out of all people of the earth to be His favored people. His CHOSEN ONES, Ex 19:5,6, Deut 7:6, 14:2. Now, it is very important to remember what God said about their not obeying the laws of God that they promised to obey, Ex 24:7. God told the Israelites over and over that He would allow them to be destroyed if they did not obey Him, that He would cast them away, Deut 7:8-10, Deut 30:15-20. Now, down through all the history of the Jews they kept going against God's laws. Consider what Moses said to the Israelites just before his death, Deut 31:27-29.
Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures Jehovah sent out prophets to tell about the coming of THE MESSIAH, who would be a savior, Isa 7:14, 9:6,7,11:1-9, Micah 5:2, Zech 9:9, Mal 3:1-3. The Jews were even expecting the Messiah when Jesus came, Luke 3:15. They knew the prophecy about thecoming of the Messiah written by Daniel, Dan 9:24-27.
When Jesus came to earth as the Messiah the Jews did not accept him. The fact is that the Jews killed the Messiah, the Only Begotten SON od God, John 1:18, Acts 2:22-24, 2:36,37, 3:13-15. These words were said by Peter, a Jew, Acts 2:14. THink about this; The Mosaic Law Covenant said that every matter was to be decided by two or three. In the Greek Scriptures we see many Jews witnessing that Jesus was the Messiah, even telling that God Himself joined in being a witness to Jesus. Acts 2:22, Heb 2:2-4. This was written by Paul a Jew. The other Books of the Greek Scriptures were also written by Jews. Why is it that Jews do not obey the Law of Moses as they say they do, Deut 19:15, Heb 10:28,29.
Most Theologians point to scores of prophecies that Jesus fulfilled, some ever say over 200. Mathematicians have said that it is impossible for a man to fulfill even 10 prophecies, and not be the True Messiah.
Jesus said that the Kingdom of God would be taken away from the Jews, Matt 22:42-44, and given to others who would obey Jesus and God.
When the Jews rejected Jesus, he told them that their Temple was ABANDONED to them. No longer were the Jews God's chosen people. God had turned His favor to the Christians, that is why the powerful gifts of the spirit were given to the disciples at Pentecost, so that the Jews, who had been under the Mosaic Law Covenant for over 1,500 years, could see that God had turned to SPIRITUAL JEWS and not fleshly Jews, any longer, Rom 2:28,29, 9:6-8. Hebrews, chapter 11, goes into detail about Paul saying that God did not reject the Jews. It was the Jews who rejected Jesus down to this day. This chapted tells that there was a REMNANT that was left of the Jews, 11:5, they did not fall COMPLETELY, 11:11. Paul says that he is trying to save SOME of his fleshly relitives, Jews, 11:14. The Jews must go through the same process as people of the nations today, they must be grafted onto the Garden Olive mentioned at 11:17-24.
God has had written that there is only one way anyone can be saved, Jew or of the nations, and that is by a trust in the Ransom Sacrifice of Jesus, Acts 4:12, 1Tim 2:4-7, Gal 2:16, Matt 20:28, Acts 13:38,39, Eph 1:7.
Jesus came in the first century. Jesus is at the door of coming again to earth. This time he is not coming a Lamb to be sacrificed, he is coming as a mighty warrior, Rev 19:11-21. Immediately after Armageddon Jesus will set up the Kingdom of God on earth and bring about a paradise. Only those who have faith in Jesus can be saved into the New World, Rev 21:3,4, Luke 23:43., 2Thes 1:6-9.

LittleNipper

I am trying to draw closer to G-d and I would like to explore some other religious points of view other than my own to see if they could possibly work for me. I am from a Jewish background and I would like to hear from some Christians what it is they believe exactly, why they believe, And also OT scripture to back them up if possible. I would also like to know if most Christians believe that Israel and the Jewish people have been rejected by G-d and replaced by the Church. Thanks in advance for you answers.

I would highly suggest that you check out Marvin Rosenthal and Zion's Hope Ministries

Mr Cheese

You have a belly button ? - oh, sorry, I see what you mean..........:biglaugh:

I know, I too cannot believe that we are concerned about whether God does indeed have a belly button, fingernails, or ..............A Birthmark ????:eek:

Sushannah,

To explain my faith, and back it up with scripture wouldn't take long - because I place far greater importance on my relationship with God regardless of Scripture.

To me, the old testament is at best an innacurate history book, and has been written largely as a parable. My Relationship with God depends fully on my belief in him, and in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross so that we may be forgiven our inevitable many sins.

Whatever path you take to get to God, to me, is immaterial; whatever makes you feel good is what counts - be it Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Islam.......all the roads lead to God.

As far as the second part of your question is concerned, I do not believe in the replacement Theology theory. I have a great admiration for the Jewish people, and I think Judaism is a beautiful faith, if that is what you want to follow. It isn't 'for me', just as much as I expect my faith is not for anyone else.

Like I said, different roads.:D

There are Jewish texts on the nature of God's beard hair....

No, this is not a joke

LittleNipper

There are Jewish texts on the nature of God's beard hair....

No, this is not a joke

The FATHER is Spirit. No one has seen the FATHER.
23. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers, the father seeks. 24. God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

(John ch 4 v 23-24)

Mr Cheese

The FATHER is Spirit. No one has seen the FATHER.
23. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers, the father seeks. 24. God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

(John ch 4 v 23-24)

your point being?

TheCup

I admire what you said...! I can see from you postings you are truly looking for something much more than what today's Christian (church) world has to offer you...OK, that is uniquely you, so I'll take a chance here: here it comes.
I must tell you first what you are about to read has never been revealed to any Christian leader and therefore this inspired insight has been very far overlooked by the entire Christian world (churches) for some close to two thousand years now. First, allow me to say this: God never ever created the planet earth "first" and God never unfolded any of the Genesis events according to what all interested human being's have been programmed to believe and now believe it was.
Take a good long look at the Bible referance here. God clearly tells all interested explorers He created the end of all things (called the omega) "first." He did so long, long before the actual beginning of the Genesis account or events in Genesis (ISAIAH chapter 46: verses 9 through 10---9. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:). Take note here: Just to prove and show us there is absolutely no other God within existence, anywhere like God is, God choose to create the end FIRST: then, some time afterwards (unknown of course), God mysteriously returns to the starting point of PHYSICAL creation, and then God starts the actual beginning of the coming end, of all PHYSICAL things (this is called the Alpha or Genesis).
Logic should now tell the interested explorer, if God started the end first, then He came backwards in time and begin the starting point of that coming created end, then it is logical for us to believe God absolutely knows any and all existing things unfolding between the start of Genesis (Alpha) and the end (Omega). Since God has allowed all things to unfold as they have for the past thousands of years with the human race, it must be logical to believe and also best understood, mankind is doing everything God had first expected, since the foundation of the planet earth. As for God rejecting Israel and accepting the Christian world as His favored offsprings, well I really can't how such a God can reject one aspect of human life over another as long as the people are alive on planet earth. I feel that may seem that way to some people who feel the Christian church is any better than God chosen people from the start. I think God loves and respects all people, but after death then come the judgments of people...?
Well I think I have taken up enough room here, there is very much more to add but never enough room to reveal God predicted inspired VISION coming during The extreme last days, which was also intended for the entire human race during the end (HABAKKUK 2: verse 3 thriugh 7).
Have a good day and God Bless...! :) :slap: ?

InChrist

Free4ever
In order to believe replacement theology huge portions of scripture must be totally ignored. There are a lot of false theologies in many Christan denominations and I think the teaching that the church has replaced Israel is one of the worst.

TheCup

In order to believe replacement theology huge portions of scripture must be totally ignored. There are a lot of false theologies in many Christan denominations and I think the teaching that the church has replaced Israel is one of the worst.

"I absolutely agree with the idea here...!" :yes:

TheCup

I believe there are alot of misconceptions about what happened in Israel during the time of the death of Jesus. One of those misconceptions is that the Jewish people are responsible for it. Sure the High Priest and and the temple functionaries were corrupt, these were the Sadducees. They had alot to lose so they did what they did and they alone are responsible for it. The penalty for breaking Jewish religious law was stoning, crucifiction was done by the Roman authorities and it was not done to people breaking religious law. It was done to individuals views as a threat to the Roman government. A Messiah who rules in Israel would have been viewed as a challenge to the Roman rulers and this was why Jesus was killed - his entry into the city earlier was viewed as him claiming Messiahship. Putting all this aside, what I really wanted to know was your own beliefs that are important to you. How you came by those beliefs, and if there is a scriptural background for those beliefs. I am interested in knowing if you as a Christian believe in "replacement theology," or if maybe your particular denomination believes in it. I already know that this type of theology is rooted in anti-semitism no matter how it is explained. I only want to know if most Christians believe in it.

Personally speaking, I do not believe in such a "manmade" theological way of understanding any Biblical concept. however, I do personally believe the church back in those far ancient days had much more control over many spiritually unlearned people (Jews) than most Christian churchgoer's of our day and time have ever come to see, acknowledge and/or even admit. Perhaps----now take note here, I may or could be somewhat bandy here and/or even a bit loose with the actual aspects of historical facts here, especially in this highly debatable kind of Biblical understanding; but, nonetheless, the truth about the so called "spiritual" gathering or spiritual collection of strongely devoted church followers, of the (then) so-called "laws of Moses" were mostly all behind the dynamic exposure of Jesus Christ, handing Christ over to the Romans to be dealt with. I believe this because of the characteristic patterns we can all read about, concerning the church back in those days.
Those in charge of the church back then saw a huge problem with the preachings of Christ, they no doubt wanted Christ out of the way. but the laws of Moses forbid the church to kill Him. Who could? The Romans! the murder was mostly instituted and put together by the leaders of the church and the Romans became the perfect source for doing waht the church could not do before the eyes of the ancient Jewish nation of those days.
Well, the facts here can get rather deep, but the bottm line is, the major rulers of the church back then were actually the killer's of Jesus Christ, and also the killers of John the Baptist. If we today are going to blame anyone at all for what happened back then, then take a good long look at today's controlling style of preaching to the people, which is widely called: Prosperity Preaching...? As it was then, so it has evolved to become today, in our 21st century style of church worship; it's gotten to be all about gaining self acknowledgment of the super intellectual preacher's and leader's expscially those preaching over worldwid sattelite communication TV, this all cost a lot of money to do this kind of communication, is it any wonder church today has evolved to become all about money...?

The church during Jesus' day and time was only interested in controlling the people which was mostly the entire Jewish nation. That was the only way the church leaders could support themselves, through holding money markets in the temple, Jesus drove the misfits out once, but now they are back...? Think about this one for awhile...?

People today have little understanding exactly what church leader can do to those who challange them, believe me I know exactly what the church can do to those who do not think as they do; this is exactly why i follow Jesu Christ which is the one and only "WAY;"

Frankly speaking, I'm not a modern-day churchgoing Christian believer at all, neither am I a unbelieving (secular) follower of worldly things; however, I'm a very loyal and highly devoted follower of the one and only way into The Kingdom of God; and the way of "TheCup" is best defind as "The blood of Christ," which is also directly connected to the same self-destructive works Jesus Christ did some two thousand years ago...! Are we who believe in Christ any better to avoid death than Christ was will to die for us...? The Jews were not directly responsible for anything concerning the death of Christ, except for being the fall guy for the hardcore leaders and self centered worshiper of the collective churches.

Keep this in mind because Jesus Christ Himeslf warned us all today, concerning the last days churches: Matthew chapter 24: verses 3 through 5 below:
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
The secular world does not perach Jesus Christ, who does>>>? Have a good day and may God Bless.;)

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Thread Re-opened.
Many posts have been removed for Rule 10 violations.
Remember, this is a Christian Theology DIR.
Non-Christian members may only post respectful questions to further understanding.

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums
The DIR forums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. Only posts that comply with the tenets or spirit of that DIR are permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

psalmist23

Hi Sushannah,

I’d like to say in advance, that God has not rejected the jewish people, but has an everlasting love for the them. ”I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness” (Jeremiah 31:3). But as you know from the Tanakh, the Jewish people often, and continually, would not turn to God. The history of the Jewish people is indeed a painful one. God chose to send many prophets and, by his choosing, righteous men to warn Israel of coming judgments. Many of these were treated as outlaws and criminals, or they were put to death – just think about the righteous Abel, or the weeping prophet Jeremiah. Yet, they were in fact chosen by God. But God, in his mercy, then chose to send his only Son. ”In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son” (New Testament, the letter to the Hebrews 1:1-2).

God chose to save the best for last, and Jesus Christ was – and still is – the best that God has to offer to sinful mankind. ”For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (New Testament, the gospel of John 3:16).

So why did God have to send his only Son to die for us? It is much like the story of Abraham and Isaac, where Abraham had to sacrifice his only beloved son. In Genesis 22:7-8 it says: ”Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, ”but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” Abraham answered, ”God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” Now I take it that you know the rest of the story (Abraham almost kills his own son, but the angel of the Lord intervenes, and gives a good promise to Abraham). Afterwards, Abraham sees a ram caught in a bush of thorns, and he sacrifices it. But notice here, that Isaac had asked his father about a lamb – yet it was a ram that was slain. My point is, that the words of Abraham, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son,” was a prophetic statement. The whole story is essentially about how God the Father would one day sacrifice the one thing he loved the most – his only Son. As John the Baptist exclaims in the New Testament when he sees Jesus, ”Look, the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (New Testament, the gospel of John 1:29).

Jesus was firstly sent to the Jewish people, and wanted to show them that all throughout the Tanakh it speaks of him, the coming Messiah. You see, the New Testament explains, that the end reason for introducing the Torah to the Israelites was not so that they could live righteous lives by obeying the law. It was to show them, when Christ came, that they could in fact in no way live up to the law, or standards, of God, which they had sought to do. The law is holy and righteous and perfect, but sinful man is nothing like that. That goes for all men, both Jew and gentile. However, God is still holy, and he cannot even look at sin. That is why Jesus came. He was the righteous Son of God, and only he could live up to the requirements and precepts of the law. The heart of the law, like he stated, was mercy, not sacrifice. The law spoke of goodness, holiness and righteousness, and he embodied all of these things. He loved us even unto death. The blood of animals once brought temporary atonement for the house of Israel, but today, the shed blood of the Son of the living God has brought eternal atonement for all mankind.

He took our sin, and by turning away from our sin, and towards Christ in faith, we are both forgiven for our sin, and receive His righteousness as a free gift. Now God looks at us, like he looks at his beloved Son, and he sends the Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) to dwell within us, tabernacles and temples of human flesh. Remember what God promised in the book of Jeremiah, when he spoke of a new covenant: ”The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people” (Tanakh, the book of Jeremiah 31:31-33). That is how much God loves us, and that is how much God loves the Jewish people!

Yes, Israel did reject their Messiah, but no, God has not rejected them. He patiently waits on them to return to Him, even as Hosea was always willing to forgive his wife, Gomer, and desired for her to return to him. Hosea paid a large amount of silver to redeem his wife, but God has paid an even greater price to redeem both Jew and gentile, by letting his Sons blood wash away our sins. He proved his amazing love on the cross. And when the Jewish people, his brethren, will turn to Jesus Messiah, it will be as when the brethren of Joseph came to him in Egypt, turned to him by finally admitting their sin, where after he revealed his true identity to them, and embraced them. One day, as it says in the book of Zechariah, the Jewish people will return to their God. ”They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn child” (Tanakh, the book of Zechariah 12:10).

No, Israel has not been replaced by the church. But now, as it is explained in the New Testament, there is a spiritual Israel, which consists of all who believe in Jesus Messiah. That Israel, church, assembly, or body of believers, consists of all who believe In the Lord Jesus – both Jew and gentile.

God bless!

”Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed” (Tanakh, the book of Isaiah 53:4-5).

John 5:46

Greetings, sushannah!
I am not the typical Christian as you will soon discover. BUT…..
I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob because He is faithful and true to His word. He swore He would never cast off His people and He used the rising and setting of the sun and moon every day as a witness to all the earth that Israel will remain His beloved (Jer 33:17-22.)

I believe in Moses and the Prophets.
While God always manifests Himself in the plural form, He is adamant that He is a unified one. I believe that one of His parts is Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth, the Promised Son spoken of by Moses and the Prophets.

I believe this same Yeshua is the Lamb that God promised to bring in Gen 22 (and then taught every year during the Passover Seder with the afikomen.) I believe in Yeshua because He performed the exact same 3 signs that Moses performed, and spoke the same words as Moses spoke…. Just as Moses foretold He would do.

I believe Yeshua is the aleph-tav (translated as alpha-omega in Greek) as taught in John 1:1 and seen hundreds of times in the Hebrew text… the same aleph/tav that Israel will look upon as predicted in Zech 12:10.

While my above answers are only the tip of the iceberg as to what I believe and why, I sincerely hope at least one of them will help you in your quest to draw closer to God. For what it’s worth, I envy your Jewish background. Growing up in the church I was never taught any of this. Only now in my adult life am I just learning about my Hebrew roots, and all I’m doing is trying to play catch-up.
Shalom!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

Briefly, since it's getting close to time for my beauty rest ;): "Mormonism regards Jews as a covenant people of God, held in high esteem and respected in the Mormon faith system." In case you're interested, certain interesting similarities, etc. are described in Mormonism and Judaism.

(Oops. Didn't notice this was such an old thread. Oh well...)

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member

I commend you for wanting to draw closer to God. Jehovah's witnesses believe that "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16) Jesus Christ was a Jew, and so were his apostles and early disciples. Jesus believed the Hebrew Scriptures and based his teachings on these. In fact, features of the Christian faith are spoken of extensively in the Hebrew Scriptures, IMO. The coming of the Messiah, the new covenant, and much more were all prophesied in the Hebrew Scriptures. (Isaiah 53, Jeremiah 31:31-34)
I believe the Bible teaches that since 36 C.E., God is accepting people of all nations was his worshipers. (Acts 10) Today, people from all nations and language groups are serving the true God, Jehovah, the same God worshipped by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob or Israel.

jtartar

Sushannah,
I truly love your question!!! To fully show all you have asked, it will take many scriptures. I hope you are sincere. I don't know where to begin, because I do not know how well you know the Bible, or at least The Hebrew Scriptures.
Jews and Christians believe The Hebrew Scriptures, but The Jewish religion, Judaism rejects The Christian Greek Scriptures, and Jesus, as the Messiah.
The first prophecy in the Bible, Gen 3:15, actually tells about the seed that would do away with Satan.
The Bible tells us that The a Messiah would be born from a Virgin, Isa 7:14. Matt. Chapter 1, tells of a birth like this.
There are many places in the Hebrew Scriptures that mention the coming of the Messiah, but they do not prove exactly who he would be, so I will not cite them, but only the ones that show that Jesus was that Messiah.
Daniel recorded a prophecy that showed the exact time that the Messiah would come, Dan 9;24-27. This prophecy is called The Seventy Weeks Prophecy, and it tells the exact time, that The Messiah would come, and that he would be cut off, killed, and a covenant would be for the many for one week.
This is the explanation: The weeks are not weeks of days, but weeks of years, so the entire prophecy is for 490 years. It is divided up, first 7 weeks, 49 years, which was the time until the temple that ha been destroyed would be rebuilt. The next time was 62 weeks and 2weeks, 69 weeks, 483 years, which was the time that The Messiah, The Anointed, would come.
The date that these things started from was the 20th year of Artaxerxes, which was 455 BCE , as history records. If you add 483 years to 455 BCE, you come to the exact date that Jesus came to be baptized by John the Baptist, 29CE.
There is one more week or 7 years to explain. Jesus came in 29 CE, he preached for 3 1/2 years then he was killed, at half the week, Dan 9:26, but the covenant lasted for another 3 1/2 week to fulfill the covenant with the Jews, that only Jews would be allowed into the Christian Congregation until the end of The Seventy Weeks, 490 years, then the Gentiles would also be allowed to join the Congregation.
Many Jews living in the first century understood the Seventy Weeks prophecy, so they were looking for The Messiah to come, when Jesus came, Luke 3:15. Many Jews thought that John the Baptist was the Messiah, because he showed up just 6 months before Jesus. John told them that he was not the Messiah, that the Messiah was coming after him,and he was not fit even to untie the laces of The Messiah's sandals.
After Jesus came to earth he fulfilled many prophecies that the Messiah was to fulfill. Mathematicians have figured the number that Jesus fulfilled, and they say it is totally impossible for Jesus not to be The Messiah,
Recorded in the Greek Scriptures are many Jewish people, The Apostles, the Bible writers, and several historians, as Josephus, that recorded miracles that Jesus performed. These were all witnesses to the fact that Jesus was the Messiah. Deut 19:15 says that two or three witnesses was to establish the truth of anything. There were many more than that who were witnesses to the fact that Jesus was The Messiah!!! Read The Gospels, how Jesus did things that had never been done before.