• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi all

St. Thomas

I`ve been a member for almost a week now and I guess it`s about time I introduced myself.
Ok, about me. I`m a 33 year old man from The Netherlands. I`ve been together with the same woman for over 15 years now. I have one kid of 5 and a seccond on it`s way.
I guess you could say my life is complete...
...well, almost, that is.
Truth, it`s like water to me. I need it, I crave it and I will do almost anything to get a few drops of it.
Now I`ve had a fairly good idea of what is true religion, but there are still a few `blanks` left to fill in. The answers to those questions, I hope to find here.
You see, I think no religion in the world is completly correct. All of them contain a certain degree of truth, but as they are man written, they are, IMO, also all flawed.
I tend to look at things from the heart and add a little reason and logic(but not too much) and 9 out of 10 times it turns out , the answer I come upon, proves it`s self to be right.
So I would like to debate I few of my questions here with you guys and let my `heart` speak on the matter.
For now, I`ll just see where the wind carries me.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi St. Thomas

Welcome to Religious Forums,

Now I`ve had a fairly good idea of what is true religion, but there are still a few `blanks` left to fill in. The answers to those questions, I hope to find here.
You see, I think no religion in the world is completly correct. All of them contain a certain degree of truth, but as they are man written, they are, IMO, also all flawed.
I tend to look at things from the heart and add a little reason and logic(but not too much) and 9 out of 10 times it turns out , the answer I come upon, proves it`s self to be right.
So I would like to debate I few of my questions here with you guys and let my `heart` speak on the matter.
For now, I`ll just see where the wind carries me.[/quote]

Two points you have made made me realise how much I can empathise with you; firstly, you define your Religious 'afilliation' as 'do not fit in a box', which is what I felt like when I first came here.

One thing I have learned is that there are a great number of folk who feel the way you and I do, and it's not a problem. It's fine.

The second is the point you so eloquently make about 'letting your heart judge what feels right or wrong'; Itend to do much the same, for the very same reason you seem to use that 'way of opperating'.

Please feel free to check out our guide for our newer members, from which there is also a link to the Forum rules with which you need to acquaint yourself;

I hope you get to enjoy your time with us; please feel at home, and if there is anything about which you are not sure, please don't hesitate to ask.:)

SunMessenger

Catholic
Welcome!!!
It is always nice to see new members. The Moderators are very helpful here. Do not hesitate in contacting them if You have a question .

I Hope You Enjoy Yourself And God Bless !

PureX

Veteran Member
St. Thomas said:
I`ve been a member for almost a week now and I guess it`s about time I introduced myself.
Ok, about me. I`m a 33 year old man from The Netherlands. I`ve been together with the same woman for over 15 years now. I have one kid of 5 and a seccond on it`s way.
I guess you could say my life is complete...
...well, almost, that is.
Truth, it`s like water to me. I need it, I crave it and I will do almost anything to get a few drops of it.
For now, I`ll just see where the wind carries me.
Welcome, Netherlander, I like the way you think. I look forward to your posts.