• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hey you guys are kinda cool.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
soo i have heard things from members of your faith they lead me to respect JW as a religion....
2 things in particualr..... you can accept God even after death and find salvation and that hell is none existence,,,, are these both jw ideas? if so you guys rock

Iti oj

Premium Member
i think the first one might have be a Mormon sorry, whats your stance on this, also your still cool for not having people but in hell

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Iti

after death, a person has no consciousness anymore, so it would be hard to accept God after you die. That is why the bible says Eccl 9:10 All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going

However, we believe that upon death, all sins are forgiven Romans 6:7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin
Therefore, God has no reason to punish anyone who has died because they are no longer viewed as a sinner. So their hope lies in the future resurrection....God will bring all who have died back to life, he will bring them out of the grave/hell and give them an opportunity to live again
Revelation 20:13, 14, KJ: “The sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell* delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.”
So death itself will be abolished because God will make everlasting life possible. :) and in this way all the untold misery Satan brought upon mankind will be reversed and undone:
1John 3: 8 '...For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, namely, to break up the works of the Devil'

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Hi Iti

after death, a person has no consciousness anymore, so it would be hard to accept God after you die. That is why the bible says Eccl 9:10 All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going

However, we believe that upon death, all sins are forgiven Romans 6:7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin
Therefore, God has no reason to punish anyone who has died because they are no longer viewed as a sinner. So their hope lies in the future resurrection....God will bring all who have died back to life, he will bring them out of the grave/hell and give them an opportunity to live again
Revelation 20:13, 14, KJ: “The sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell* delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.”
So death itself will be abolished because God will make everlasting life possible. :)
for all? all awaken and are equal?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

according to scripture, yes:

Isaiah 26;19 “Your dead ones will live. A corpse of mine—they will rise up. Awake and cry out joyfully, YOU residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of mallows, and the earth itself will let even those impotent in death drop [in birth]

Hosea 13:14 “From the hand of She′ol I shall redeem them; from death I shall recover them. Where are your stings, O Death? Where is your destructiveness, O She′ol?

Acts 24:15 and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous

1 Corinthians 15:22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.

Jesus said "i am the resurrection and the life"
1John 3: 8 '...For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, namely, to break up the works of the Devil'
Satan brought sin and death into the world and Jesus will take it away and restore mankind to everlasting life.

Iti oj

Premium Member
sooo all people go to sheol then on judgment day god wakes all of us.do we get judged? does every get eternal life on this day or are some sent back the sheol sheol being non existence/none consciousness

also is our resurrection heavenly or earthly

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
soo i have heard things from members of your faith they lead me to respect JW as a religion....
2 things in particualr..... you can accept God even after death and find salvation and that hell is none existence,,,, are these both jw ideas? if so you guys rock

i think the first one might have be a Mormon sorry, whats your stance on this, also your still cool for not having people but in hell
Actually, the belief that a person can accept God after death is closer to Mormon doctrine, and while Mormons do believe in the concept of Hell, we believe hardly anybody who has ever lived will end up there. (I'm speaking as a Mormon, by the way. I don't want to derail this thread, so that's all I'll say here. Just thought I'd jump in and make that one clarification.)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
sooo all people go to sheol then on judgment day god wakes all of us.do we get judged? does every get eternal life on this day or are some sent back the sheol sheol being non existence/none consciousness

the judgement day is not a 24 hour day....it is 1,000 years. Also known as ''Christs Millenial Reign'

So the way we understand it is that, after Armageddon, all of mankind who had ever lived, all who have died from the time of Noahs flood until the day of Armageddon, most of them will be in line for a resurrection (there may be some who will not be resurrected, but its for God to decide). They will be given the opportunity to learn the truth about God, and they will be taught his laws so that they can make an informed choice as to whether they will live under Gods rulership or not. The 'judgement' is how they respond to the invitation they recieve and if they choose to accept the True God Jehovah as their ruler. Some may reject him and so they will have their life revoked and return to the grave, but many will accept him in that day because they will see the reality of God and there will only be one teacher...Jesus Christ.

So they will not be judged on 'past' sin but on how they choose to act during the time of the 'judgement day' It will be a fresh start for them, they will be able to learn accurately about God and God will judge them based on how they respond at that time. Its going to be the final act of God which will reverse all the wickedness that has been experienced throughout all of history. Everyone who died violently at the hands of an oppressor, every child who died young due to disease, every person who was persecuted or who died in a natural disaster....when God gives them back their life, along with their loved ones, there will be so much joy that it will be as if their suffering in this world never even happened.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

If I may take the liberty to add that 'all' awaken 'except' for those committing the unforgivable sin [Matt. 12v32; Mark 3v29; Hebrews 6vs4-6; Psalm 92v7].

They do not 'awaken' [Daniel 12vs2,13] because they are not considered as being in the biblical hell [sheol], but are considered as destroyed [Gehenna]. Just as Satan will be destroyed. [Hebrews 2v14 B]

That is why Matthew [20v28] could write that Jesus ransom covers 'MANY' and not all. So, the majority of mankind will be resurrected. Resurrected to heaven to reign with Christ [Rev. 20v6;14v4; 5vs9,10], or resurrected on a paradisaic earth during Jesus messianic 1000-year reign over earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Those called to a heavenly resurrection [Rev. 20v6; 14v4; 5vs9,10] will reign with Christ for a thousand years serving as both kings and priests.
Kings taking care of governmental responsibilities of earthly subjects,
and as priests taking care of spiritual needs of earthly subjects. -Psalm 72v8.

The majority of mankind will be resurrected on earth. [John 3v13]
Everyone who lived after Adam, and died before Jesus died,
have an earthly resurrection hope, even king David according to Acts 2v34.
No one goes back to the biblical hell [sheol] because sheol is cast empty into a symbolic 'second death' according to Rev. 20 vs13,14.
In other words, emptied-out hell/sheol is cast vacant into 'second death'.

Judged as being judged on what a person does 'after' resurrection.
Those going to heaven gain immortality, but everyone on earth can gain 'everlasting life'. Adam was offered Not immortality but everlasting life meaning not only can live forever if obedient to God, but as humans we are not 'self contained' meaning we still have to breathe, and sleep and eat, etc.
Those that want to practice wrongdoing do not go back to hell/sheol but are considered as going to Gehenna. Gehenna standing for, or representing, being destroyed forever. -Psalm 92v7.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Actually, the belief that a person can accept God after death is closer to Mormon doctrine, and while Mormons do believe in the concept of Hell, we believe hardly anybody who has ever lived will end up there. (I'm speaking as a Mormon, by the way. I don't want to derail this thread, so that's all I'll say here. Just thought I'd jump in and make that one clarification.)

Which concept of hell?
The biblical hell [sheol], or the non-biblical myth hell ?

Who goes to hell?
According to Acts [2vs27,31; Psalm 16v10] Jesus went to hell.

Jesus did not believe in some non-biblical burning-forever hell myth, but the biblical hell [sheol] which is the common grave of mankind where the dead sleep until resurrected to either heaven, or resurrected on earth during Jesus messianic 1000-year reign over earth.
That is why Jesus likened death to sleep at John 11vs11-14.

Also, according to Rev. [1v18] Jesus has the key to unlock hell.
Unlocking hell frees everyone from hell.
Then, vacant hell is going to be cast empty into a symbolic second death.
-Rev. 20vs13,14.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Which concept of hell?
The biblical hell [sheol], or the non-biblical myth hell ?
I guess that's a matter of opinion, URAVIP2ME. I don't want to pit LDS doctrine against JW doctrine on the JW DIR, so I'm going to decline responding to this question.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
They do not 'awaken' [Daniel 12vs2,13] because they are not considered as being in the biblical hell [sheol], but are considered as destroyed [Gehenna]. Just as Satan will be destroyed. [Hebrews 2v14 B]

thank you so much for making that clear distinction between gehenna and hell. 20years of bible study and i'm still learning things :)

Iti oj

Premium Member
Those called to a heavenly resurrection [Rev. 20v6; 14v4; 5vs9,10] will reign with Christ for a thousand years serving as both kings and priests.
Kings taking care of governmental responsibilities of earthly subjects,
and as priests taking care of spiritual needs of earthly subjects. -Psalm 72v8.

The majority of mankind will be resurrected on earth. [John 3v13]
Everyone who lived after Adam, and died before Jesus died,
have an earthly resurrection hope, even king David according to Acts 2v34.
No one goes back to the biblical hell [sheol] because sheol is cast empty into a symbolic 'second death' according to Rev. 20 vs13,14.
In other words, emptied-out hell/sheol is cast vacant into 'second death'.

Judged as being judged on what a person does 'after' resurrection.
Those going to heaven gain immortality, but everyone on earth can gain 'everlasting life'. Adam was offered Not immortality but everlasting life meaning not only can live forever if obedient to God, but as humans we are not 'self contained' meaning we still have to breathe, and sleep and eat, etc.
Those that want to practice wrongdoing do not go back to hell/sheol but are considered as going to Gehenna. Gehenna standing for, or representing, being destroyed forever. -Psalm 92v7.
thank you this was very informative.

Iti oj

Premium Member
thanks for the clarification i thought it was Mormon ideas after i posted but was not certain/

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
soo any other cool concepts you could teach me?

a very important bible teaching is about the Kingdom of God. The scriptures tell us what the kingdom of God is, what it will do and when it was established. It also tells us that we can become subjects of Gods kingdom and explains how to do so.
Millions of Christians pray for this kingdom in the 'Our Father' prayer as instructed by Jesus: “You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.’” Matthew 6:9-13

The first thing to understand is that the kingdom is a real government. A government has authority over its people and its people submit to that authority. In the case of Gods kingdom, the bible sets out the rules and regulations of the government and its up to the subjects to abide by its laws. These were laid out by Christ and his apostles....and the foundation of this kingdom is Christ himself. When Christians submit to Christ, they are recognizing his authority as the King of Gods heavenly Kingdom and this brings them in line to receive the benefits of that kingdom.

Jesus disciples were told to go and preach about the kingdom. He said that the message of the Kingdom will go out into all the nations;
Matt 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

This preaching work is for the purpose of gathering subjects to Gods kingdom. As stated in the psalms:
Psalmas 72: 8 And he will have subjects from sea to sea
And from the River to the ends of the earth

But im merely scratching the surface when it comes to the kingdom, if you want a more detailed explanation pm me and i'll send you some study material which lays it all out in more detail with more scritpures.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
soo any other cool concepts you could teach me?

Along the same line of thought as Pegg about God's kingdom [thy kingdom come]

Even today we can think of the nation of England having a government called a kingdom, or the nation of Jordan having a government called a kingdom.
1st Peter [2v9] mentions a: holy nation.
Not a literal nation on earth, but people who come out of all nations [countries/nations/kingdoms] to be associated with that 'spiritual' nation.

God made a promise to both Abraham and David:
At Genesis [22v18] through Abraham all nations of the earth would be blessed.
At 2nd Samuel [7vs8,12,13,16] is found God's promise to David where God promises the permanent establishment of David's throne. So, the king of that God-ruled kingdom or national government would have to be in the line of David meaning Jesus as the crowned king of God's kingdom.
David's Lord Jesus is placed at the right hand of LORD Jehovah [Psa. 110v1,2]
that logically places God's kingdom as located in the heavens.
Chapter 7 of Daniel describes someone located in heaven with kingdom rule.
Rule over earthly subjects as Pegg mentioned Psalm [72v8]
It is to those earthly subjects that Jesus as King will fulfill God's promise to Abraham and David by not only ushering global Peace on Earth, but as Revelation [22v2] mentions that there will be curing or healing for the nations.

Hope you'll take up Pegg's offer of a Bible study to learn more of what the Bible really teaches.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
thank you so much for making that clear distinction between gehenna and hell. 20years of bible study and i'm still learning things :)

Thank you Pegg for your nice comment ^above^.
Only 20 years ! I've got twice that amount of time and still also learning things.