• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hey Mothers :) i have questions for you

.lava

Veteran Member
Are you thinking of having a baby lava??

nope :) i am just curious about pregnancy and giving birth because it scares me. i don't think i could ever want to have a baby out of blue. i don't know what it feels like or why women want to have a baby though they are not pregnant. even while we were little kids girls used to play "mother" in our games, except for me. they loved to pretend to be mother and they would even compete to be the one who plays mother. i used to be the dog of the house. that was my favorite part in that kind of games back then

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
nope :) i am just curious about pregnancy and giving birth because it scares me. i don't think i could ever want to have a baby out of blue. i don't know what it feels like or why women want to have a baby though they are not pregnant. even while we were little kids girls used to play "mother" in our games, except for me. they loved to pretend to be mother and they would even compete to be the one who plays mother. i used to be the dog of the house. that was my favorite part in that kind of games back then

>Lava..

You are toooo sweet..You would probably be the best mother in the world..:yes:

When I was little every one wanted to be "Dorathy"...I got bullied around and I ended up being the witch..:facepalm:

Love

Dallas

Rakhel

:hug: Oy.

Same here. Mine had forceps in one birth where they got stuck (really.....no, really). Another where I was given an enema, and we can use our imaginations on what the effects were with THAT joke that I'm sure the nurse did to me. Another was the spinal I was given for anesthetic where they had to poke me multiple times to get the needle in right in my spine while I was having horrible back labor contractions.
OMG!!!I thought I was the only one with that problem!!! I had 7 needle marks once. I threatened them that if they hit that bone ONE MORE TIME!!! I was gonna show them where that needle was gonna go! and :yes: I had the enema too. I gave that nurse the strangest look when she told me I needed to have it. Actually the enema was the same one as the hands I cursed him out when he shoved those hands up there. LOL chins hit the floor.
I'm so happy that everyone in the labor and delivery rooms never took my verbal abuse personally. I think I kicked everybody in the arms and told them all to **** off at one point or other.
other than the "hands" birth, I was joking through most of them. Told one doc, my oldest(she was 13 when my middle child was born) wanted me to have a water birth so he sprinkled water on the baby's head and said "there" and at another I had Road House playing on the TV above the doc's head. he came in the room cheering "Gratuitous violence" and the nurse hollering "and gratuitous sex! Cool!"
Have I scared anybody who wants children yet? :devil:
Oh the stories!!!:bat:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm similar. I've never desired to be a mother and the idea of labour freaks me out. There are aspects of motherhood that seem appealing, like when the baby isn't crying or needing a nappy/diaper change...but sometimes I feel more maternal toward animals than to baby humans. I guess I'm just weird!

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I'm similar. I've never desired to be a mother and the idea of labour freaks me out. There are aspects of motherhood that seem appealing, like when the baby isn't crying or needing a nappy/diaper change...but sometimes I feel more maternal toward animals than to baby humans. I guess I'm just weird!

Count me in with the weird group!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
YOU EVIL EVIL WOMAN!!!!!!
Now I have to figure out how to get rid of that song!!!!

PEOPLE!!!!!!

PEOPLE WHO NEED PEOPLE!!!!

Are the LUCKIEST people in the WORLD!!!

Becuaue YOU DONT bring me Flowers anymore!!!

So turn out the light!!!!

Love

Dallas

.lava

Veteran Member
With my daughter I felt and looked like a cow by the time I was 6 months pregnant. I gained almost 20kg by the end of my pregnancy, the oh so beautiful stretchmarks, and peeing every 20 minutes by the 8th month, and oh she was a kicker and her little kicks were painful. I had the easiest pregnancy with my son though, I was a pretty pregnant lady but I had a very traumatic birth experience.

i am not sure if should ask what happened.

My emotions, you mean during pregnancy or post pregnancy??

both :)

When I hold them for the first time I thought that everything was worth it and I wanted to give my baby the best of me and I believed in love at first sight;) When I was pregnant I was afraid that I wouldn't love my babies right away but I was wrong. And then I was terrified, they don't come with instructions. Having a degree in child devlopment is useless with your own kids.

were you more scared or calmer when you were going to give birth to your second child? how do you think experience of first pregnancy effect the next one psychologically?

I dont think I'm a better person becuase I am a mother, I know tons of amazing people and they're not parents and I've also met horrible people that are parents so I think that's a misconception.

it was a personal question :) i mean, i don't want you to compare two persons. of course, it could not be fair to compare two different people. i would like to hear comparison between you now and then. and i don't think having a child makes people better or worse or people without child could not be better. any experience could be used to become better people in case people wanted. but seems like having a kid forces people to act selfless. so i think it is not an ordinary experience. you could not come up and say "oh i change my mind, i don't want to be parent anymore" or "this baby cries too much, i want to change it with another one."

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
:hug: Oy.

Same here. Mine had forceps in one birth where they got stuck (really.....no, really). Another where I was given an enema, and we can use our imaginations on what the effects were with THAT joke that I'm sure the nurse did to me. Another was the spinal I was given for anesthetic where they had to poke me multiple times to get the needle in right in my spine while I was having horrible back labor contractions.

I'm so happy that everyone in the labor and delivery rooms never took my verbal abuse personally. I think I kicked everybody in the arms and told them all to **** off at one point or other.

Have I scared anybody who wants children yet? :devil:

I was scared a long time ago Mystic. I have no desire to feel like an alien is growing in my tummy. I have no desire to have needles shoved in my back, or to have my two holes become one...

((shiver))

It freaks me out. Hospitals and doctors freak me out as it is. I hate needles. I don't think I would want to try and be a hero and go all natural though.

And what in the world are you guys talking about the doctors sticking his hands in you? In your pa-twa or in your ahem? I'm thinking why in the world would the doctors stick his hands in their butt?? But crazy things happen during pregnancy.

I know I will want a kid eventually, and let me tell ya, I'm gonna be a big hot mess. I will be tweaking out the whole time. Not to mention, my sweetie was described by his mother as being built like a little line backer. A big square head and wide pointy shoulders. Joy joy. : /

I'm right there with ya! And I'm the only one left out of all my girlfriends who hasn't gone through it yet! So I will be all alone :(