• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey believers! Why put someone else between You and God?

Kelly of the Phoenix

That answer has been given to us by the creator through Prophets throughout human history, they played the roles of teachers and leaders.
True, but if God can speak to prophets directly, He can speak to anyone directly. It's not always a vision or a voice ... sometimes it's just communication through the School of Hard Knocks. :)

Can anyone walk into Parliament and pass laws? No they can not, they must be nominated and voted in.
The problem with this argument is that WE are the ones who decide the rules of how it's done. There's nothing stopping anyone from just walking in if the rules WE make allow it.

morphesium

The analogy is that we can not learn directly from the source when it comes to complex topics.
So is that God itself if not a good teacher? If we have limited capabilities or not, what good can the prophets do better than God itself? We have Mayan kings and others who self proclaimed they are the messengers/prophets of God. Do you believe in them?
The most complex of topics is human existence, of life, how it originated and ultimately why we're here. That answer has been given to us by the creator through Prophets throughout human history, they played the roles of teachers and leaders.
Yes! we have a multitude of prophets and a multitude of stories and a multitude of God concepts. To you it might be Mohammed, for a Christian Jesus, for an ancient Egyptian -a Pharaoh, for a.................. (and more and many (along with their God(s) have been wiped out from history). Your God too is an illusion just like any others.

Can anyone walk into Parliament and pass laws? No they can not, they must be nominated and voted in. With regards to Prophets, they are nominated and voted in by God.
If you have a population countable in fingers (a house or a small group) then it is possible for any one to be part of the law making process. if there is a supremo, he is in touch with every one else. Now as the system gets bigger and more complicated, then this becomes impossible because we (as humans) have limitations. God, the creator of every tiny speck of atom in the universe, the knower of all on the other hand, is immensely powerful and without weakness. God has time to listen to each and everyone's acts but doesn't have time to talk to us directly!
Now of course, that requires a belief in God which is an entirely different discussion but if we are talking about this from a religious framework, than this is the plain and simple answer.
What if I say that you have been instilled with true Gods message - and your religion hijacked it; with the help of a claimed prophet, a fake illusion of God. What if True God is in touch with you (this doesn't mean that he is claiming this all the time "I am the God, follow me or else i would burn you- but rather speaks to you through your morale which lets you polish oneself and in-turn polish your society, which in turn keeps better laws which in turn lets people to keep even higher morales (an ever continuous cycle), but you stay away from him because of your religion -the prophet did this (heinous act), he knows the best so we can do that.

morphesium

I believe God communicates spiritually, mainly without words. It is hard to explain but God is far more effective communicating than simple electronic impulses in the brain.
The sensation of touch, taste, pleasure, a happy thought, the itch you get when a mosquito bites, the smell, the words that come out of your tongue, the learning process, communication, spirituality, even madness and acts of creativity etc are all simple electronic impulses in the brain.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
The sensation of touch, taste, pleasure, a happy thought, the itch you get when a mosquito bites, the smell, the words that come out of your tongue, the learning process, communication, spirituality, even madness and acts of creativity etc are all simple electronic impulses in the brain.

Yes, but I believe God is so much more than a physical impulse. He is Spirit and He communicates spiritually.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
To be honest, I don't see a need for "middle management", as it were. It's fine to have humans for relatable advice or something, but if God wants to talk, He can talk. He may not be an audible voice or anything, but He can get the gist across to anyone.
I agree. I also don't put someone else between me and God. And indeed (I believe that) God talks to me.