• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here and Now

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Where do you focus the majority of your mental/emotional time and energy throughout the day? Note that I said mental/emotional and not physical energy. Also keep in mind that I tied mental and emotional together because they are both purely products of the mind.

Are you constantly stuck in the past, focused on and reliving what's gone? The yesterdays?
Or are you fixated on the future, constantly waiting for a "better" tomorrow, whatever form that may take?

May I suggest that we all take a little time during our day to make sure we are focusing on the here and now?

As Kenny Chesney sang here: "Why you think we call the present the present?
'Cause there ain't no better gift than" [that].

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
On G-d and praising G-d. It's almost all the time unless I'm daydreaming. So I guess in the now and hereafter at the same tine?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Where do you focus the majority of your mental/emotional time and energy throughout the day? Note that I said mental/emotional and not physical energy. Also keep in mind that I tied mental and emotional together because they are both purely products of the mind.

Are you constantly stuck in the past, focused on and reliving what's gone? The yesterdays?
Or are you fixated on the future, constantly waiting for a "better" tomorrow, whatever form that may take?

May I suggest that we all take a little time during our day to make sure we are focusing on the here and now?

As Kenny Chesney sang here: "Why you think we call the present the present?
'Cause there ain't no better gift than" [that].

I do try to have focus only at here and now, but to be brutaly honest to my self, i struggle a lot this days keeping my focus, because i am really burned out physically of energy, there is so much going on that keep pushing me deeper in to loss of energy.
In my personal life everyone around me ask me to do things for them and they dont take a no for an answer, so here i am burning my self up. ( really sorry if this answer was more of a rant then an answer to your question.)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I do try to have focus only at here and now, but to be brutaly honest to my self, i struggle a lot this days keeping my focus, because i am really burned out physically of energy, there is so much going on that keep pushing me deeper in to loss of energy.
In my personal life everyone around me ask me to do things for them and they dont take a no for an answer, so here i am burning my self up. ( really sorry if this answer was more of a rant then an answer to your question.)

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard go at it. May I suggest taking time for self-care, whatever it is that you do, that is just for you. Put your health (physical/mental) first, then the welfare of others. For if we are unable to care for ourselves, we will be unable to properly care for others.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard go at it. May I suggest taking time for self-care, whatever it is that you do, that is just for you. Put your health (physical/mental) first, then the welfare of others. For if we are unable to care for ourselves, we will be unable to properly care for others.
Thank you @The Hammer :) Yes i have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, and hopfully he will send me away so those people who use me now realize i am not there for them now. As you say our mental wellfare is important and to be honest my mental health has been like a rollercoaster for a long time, and now my body can not keep up either.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I spend a lot of time trying to solve problems. So my focus is nether here and now nor the past nor the future. It's in a virtual reality most of the time trying to solve problems through abstract means.

However, it is good and peaceful to silence my mind occasionally and just be here, be now without thought. Unfortunately, I don't really get paid for that so...:oops:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I spend a lot of time trying to solve problems. So my focus is nether here and now nor the past nor the future. It's in a virtual reality most of the time trying to solve problems through abstract means.

However, it is good and peaceful to silence my mind occasionally and just be here, be now without thought. Unfortunately, I don't really get paid for that so...:oops:

Well, here is your friendly reminder , paid or no.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I live in retrospect of the past as it applies to the future. And where things no longer apply I prefer to live in the here and now.

Ideally that's what I like to do. I basically serve my family.