• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help needed to fix Computer

Phil25

I have an HP laptop and Windows 7. So today when I tried to login to my computer, it got freezed at the "welcome" sign. I cant off it, to start again, and the fan doesnt seem to be working.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Hi Phil, I will be glad to help, but since you are a capitalist, I am going to send you my bill.:D

First, take a walk around the machine, kicking each of the tires. Then roll the windows (operating system) down, and holler help. If the fan doesn't work, no worries...just turn on your air conditioner.

Second, try control-alt-delete. If this does not work, hold down the power button for a long time...until it shuts down.

That usually works, if not, pull the battery, and wait 15 minutes before re-installing.

If that still doesn't work, 2 quick karate chops to the processor should do it.

You didn't get the "blue screen of death", correct?

Oh, by the way, I am not a computer guy....I am a black belt. So ask Brickj...he's a computer guy.

Good luck...and remember it's all in G-d's hands. ;)

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There could be many reasons for what you're seeing. The hardware, disk, motherboard, could be bad. Something could be wrong with the software including a virus. So I think you need someone who can go to your computer or bring your computer into somewhere to fix it.

Phil25

Hi Phil, I will be glad to help, but since you are a capitalist, I am going to send you my bill.:D

First, take a walk around the machine, kicking each of the tires. Then roll the windows (operating system) down, and holler help. If the fan doesn't work, no worries...just turn on your air conditioner.

Second, try control-alt-delete. If this does not work, hold down the power button for a long time...until it shuts down.

That usually works, if not, pull the battery, and wait 15 minutes before re-installing.

If that still doesn't work, 2 quick karate chops to the processor should do it.

You didn't get the "blue screen of death", correct?

Oh, by the way, I am not a computer guy....I am a black belt. So ask Brickj...he's a computer guy.

Good luck...and remember it's all in G-d's hands. ;)
Guess what, your advise to hold down the power button for a long time actually worked. I held it down for at least 2 minutes, and it offed. I restarted it and my laptop is working fine again. But I am not taking chances anymore and will be transferring most of my important things.
Thanks man, really appreciate your help:)

Avi1001

Guess what, your advise to hold down the power button for a long time actually worked. I held it down for at least 2 minutes, and it offed. I restarted it and my laptop is working fine again. But I am not taking chances anymore and will be transferring most of my important things.
Thanks man, really appreciate your help:)

Despite what the Staff here think, I am not a total ignoramus :D

Glad it worked out. :)

Send the fee for 1 hr of consulting to Rabbi Levite, it will be a donation to his Shul for all the grief I give him. ;)

Avi1001

Oh Yes, With You Gone, My ambition of becoming the Supreme Leader of the Religious Forums is just a small step away. Muahaahahahaha!:icon_twis

Phil, I said ex-communicated...not murdered. ;)

And no worries about my becoming Supreme Leader, I was blackballed when I campaigned for Staff. But no worries...there's always next years election. :D

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
You have made your first step into the world of computer PC repair Phil. Here in California you have a chance to move into a technology position, progressing from PC and laptops into the high tech field of virtualization, cloud computing, and GPU based high performance computing (HPC).

oh no ... I take that back. Go to Texas. All the big corporations left in California are leaving the state due to high taxes and an anti-business climate. Most are going to San Antonio, Texas.

Last edited:

Avi1001

You have made your first step into the world of computer PC repair Phil. Here in California you have a chance to move into a technology position, progressing from PC and laptops into the high tech field of virtualization, cloud computing, and GPU based high performance computing (HPC).

oh no ... I take that back. Go to Texas. All the big corporations left in California are leaving the state due to high taxes and an anti-business climate. Most are going to San Antonio, Texas.

:D, Shiva, I think you posted on the wrong thread...you meant to post this in the capitalist DIR. ;)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Avi1001 said:
Thanks for the referral, Avi. Also you gave partially good advice but next time advise them to hold down the power button while saying 'Mississippi' fifteen times.