• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me, please, please help!!!!!!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Ok, so I have this homework assignment for school, where I have to determine whether or not people are aware of the contributions of some historically important scientists. In order to do this, I have to take a survey and ask at least 15 people some questions and record it.

Thing is, I'm not allowed to ask anyone in my class or anything. So I thought I would just get you all to help me. My teacher won't be mad at me, she will think that I am wonderfully creative by coming up with this idea to ask people online.

So I have five questions:

1. Who discovered laws of gravity, inertia, and momentum?
2. Who said that the characteristics of groups of organisms change over time?
3. Who discovered penicillin, a drug that kills some bacteria?
4. Who stated that the earth revolves around the sun, rather than the sun around the earth?
5. Who explained that energy can be changed into matter with the formula e=mc 2 (squared)?

Choose your answers from this list. If you don't know, just guess! But make sure you answer each question:

• Alexander Graham Bell
  • George Washington Carver
  • Copernicus
  • William Custer
  • Charles Darwin
  • Thomas Edison
  • Alvert Einstein
  • Alexander Fleming
  • Galileo
  • Margaret Mitchell
  • Ptolemy
  • Ernest Rutherford
  • Socrates
  • George Washington
  • Woodrow Wilson
  • Democritus
  • Eli Whitney
  • Marie Curie
  • Mark Twain
  • Sir Isaac Newton
Lastly, post your first name so that I can record it and not your username, on the survey sheet. Don't read what anyone else has posted or search for the answers online till your done! Thanks you so much for your help!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Newton

Darwin

Flemming

4. Who stated that the earth revolves around the sun, rather than the sun around the earth?
Copernicus

5. Who explained that energy can be changed into matter with the formula e=mc 2 (squared)?
Einstein

First name: Phil

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
Sir Isaac Newton
Charles Darwin
Alexander Flemming
Nicolaus Copernicus
Albert Einstein

First Name:

Matthew

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Newton

Darwin

Flemming

Copernicus

Einstein

First name: Phil

Thank you so much!!! You only got one wrong, but I'm not giving it away just yet!!!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Name: Dawn

Sir Isaac Newton

Charles Darwin

George Washington Carver?? I'm really not sure.

Galileo?

Albert Einstein

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Thank you so much!!! You only got one wrong, but I'm not giving it away just yet!!!

Actually, never mind about that. My teacher told me wrong, I wonder why? Oh well, you got it right, but I have to mark it as wrong on my survey. Sorry!!!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Anade said:
Actually, never mind about that. My teacher told me wrong, I wonder why? Oh well, you got it right, but I have to mark it as wrong on my survey. Sorry!!!

Please, don't tell me how many I got wrong.:eek:

Best of luck on your assignment. :)

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Please, don't tell me how many I got wrong.:eek:

Only one, actually. Well, technically two, because you said what the teacher said for one of them, but the teacher was wrong.

(I got none of them on the first try...don't worry, you did good :) )

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Newton
Darwin
Flemming
Galileo
Einstien

A

angellous_evangellous

Isaac Newton

Charles Darwin is famous for it, but there were a few other scientists who had primative evolutionary theories before him.

Flemming

Galelio.

Einstien.

I knew em all! You owe me a beer, kid.:149:

Signed,
Nathan

A

angellous_evangellous

By the way, I am shocked, disappointed, and upset that George W. Bush was not listed as an answer choice along with Mickey Mouse.

Those two deserve to be on any multiple choice exam!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I knew em all! You owe me a beer, kid.:149: [/QUOTE]

I don't have any!!!!!!!! Isn't my thanks enough to satisfy you?!

By the way, I am shocked, disappointed, and upset that George W. Bush was not listed as an answer choice along with Mickey Mouse.

Those two deserve to be on any multiple choice exam!

Sorry, I wasn't the one who came up with this time-consuming assignment.

Bishka

Veteran Member
1. Who discovered laws of gravity, inertia, and momentum? Galileo
2. Who said that the characteristics of groups of organisms change over time? Socrates
3. Who discovered penicillin, a drug that kills some bacteria? Eli Whitney
4. Who stated that the earth revolves around the sun, rather than the sun around the earth? Coperconuis
5. Who explained that energy can be changed into matter with the formula e=mc 2 (squared)? Albert Einstein

Becky

To be honest I don't know like any of these.

Fluffy

A fool
Issac Newton
Charles Darwin
Alexander Fleming
Galileo
Albert Einstein

First Name: Rupert

egroen

Aristarchus of Samos, an early Greek astronomer (about 310 to 230 BC), was the first to be recorded (though I am sure persian scientists were hip to it way before :p ) as putting forth the theory the earth revolves around the sun... in fact, his work was revived by Copernicus.

I knew em all! You owe me a beer, kid.:149:
Not quite, but 4 out of 5 ain't bad... you get a wine spritzer :beach:

-Erin

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Oh dear. I never was a scientist. Don't laugh at me!

Sahra.

1. Isaac Newton
2. (I'm totally picking a name from the list now) Ernest Rutherford
3. Alexander Fleming
4. Copernicus
5. Einstein

Edit: Oh my gosh, I didn't recognise number 2 as evolution/natural selection till I looked at all of the other answers. Now I feel like an idiot. Oh well, I'll leave my original answer for posterity...

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Ok, correct answers:

1. Isaac Newton
2. Charles Darwin
3. Alexander Fleming
4. Galileo
5. Albert Einstein

Thank you all so much for helping out, I feel so loved! *beams at fellow RE members, smiling happily*

Fluffy

A fool
I feel sorry for Alexander :(. Just because his second name wasn't "penicillin" he gets forgotten so often!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Anade said:
Ok, so I have this homework assignment for school, where I have to determine whether or not people are aware of the contributions of some historically important scientists. In order to do this, I have to take a survey and ask at least 15 people some questions and record it.

Thing is, I'm not allowed to ask anyone in my class or anything. So I thought I would just get you all to help me. My teacher won't be mad at me, she will think that I am wonderfully creative by coming up with this idea to ask people online.

No one. They were always there. :D But Sir Isaac Newton discovered the way to express them in terms of mathematical formulae.

Charles Darwin

Alexander Fleming.

Nicolaus Copernicus

Albert Einstein.

Name: Sharon