• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello

Runt

Hi everyone. I'm *technically* not new but I haven't been around for... WAY too long... and so many people here probably don't know me.

I'm a college student living in Arizona. I'm majoring in Religious Studies and am enjoying every second of my education. I'm very into geeky things like writing and martial arts, and I also enjoy dancing (ballet, Irish, and jazz), singing, and performing in Renaissance Festivals.

For those who know me and are wondering why I disappeared so long... well, that's a long story, but a simple one. Life caught up with me (and ran me over), and I just sort of faded into obscurity. Things have since calmed down and gotten better, and a few weeks ago I got to thinking about how much I missed RF. It took me a while to get the courage to come back--those who know me will probably understand why--but I know everyone here is friendly and forgiving, so I decided to swallow my fear and come say hi.

*waves*

Runt

Thank you. :) It's great to be back. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay (I'm about to move... again :/) but I'll try to enjoy it while I can.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Runt said:
Hi everyone. I'm *technically* not new but I haven't been around for... WAY too long... and so many people here probably don't know me.

I'm a college student living in Arizona. I'm majoring in Religious Studies and am enjoying every second of my education. I'm very into geeky things like writing and martial arts, and I also enjoy dancing (ballet, Irish, and jazz), singing, and performing in Renaissance Festivals.

For those who know me and are wondering why I disappeared so long... well, that's a long story, but a simple one. Life caught up with me (and ran me over), and I just sort of faded into obscurity. Things have since calmed down and gotten better, and a few weeks ago I got to thinking about how much I missed RF. It took me a while to get the courage to come back--those who know me will probably understand why--but I know everyone here is friendly and forgiving, so I decided to swallow my fear and come say hi.

*waves*
Hi Runt,

Welcome back! I remember you, and am delighted to see you back! (So there!)
Life caught up with me (and ran me over), and I just sort of faded into obscurity. Things have since calmed down and gotten better, and a few weeks ago I got to thinking about how much I missed RF. It took me a while to get the courage to come back--those who know me will probably understand why--but I know everyone here is friendly and forgiving, so I decided to swallow my fear and come say hi.

I didn't know you well enough to be able to understand the above, but if you'd like a chat, I'm always here. I may not be that good about looking after myself, but I like to think I am reasonably good at listening to others.

Fear ? This is the one place where I am not scared.

Whatever, great to have you back, and I look forward to seeing you around.

Michel:hug:

robtex

Veteran Member
I always spell you name wrong. Is it Natasha? How is your tae kwon do going? Please tell me you looked for the universities martial arts club. If you haven't do. What ends up happening is all these people from differnt places and different schools train in one place and you can see lots of different ideas and systems in one room.

You got the link to your webpage? The one with all your that fantasy writing you were doing. I really enjoyed reading it last time you were here.

How is school going? You kept the same major? Are you doing anything with your UU group for Beltane? Oh and the MUdding you were doing, what is going on with that? You should PM Abby if you havn't already. I know she misses you.

Runt

Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes! :)

robtex said:
I always spell you name wrong. Is it Natasha? How is your tae kwon do going? Please tell me you looked for the universities martial arts club. If you haven't do. What ends up happening is all these people from differnt places and different schools train in one place and you can see lots of different ideas and systems in one room.
Close! My name is Nastasha. Taekwondo is... not going, at least not right now. I quit, to put it simply. Now I want to get back into it--possibly within the next few weeks--but I'm considering trying karate instead. I'll take your suggestion and look into martial arts clubs at my school.

robtex said:
You got the link to your webpage? The one with all your that fantasy writing you were doing. I really enjoyed reading it last time you were here.
As for the fantasy writing, I have two links:
http://www2.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/elf_fires
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/libr/r/a/raindemon/

I haven't written too much over the last few months, but there are a couple new pieces at writing.com.

robtex said:
How is school going? You kept the same major? Are you doing anything with your UU group for Beltane? Oh and the MUdding you were doing, what is going on with that? You should PM Abby if you havn't already. I know she misses you.
I'm still attending my local community college. I'm only taking 12 credit hours this semester because I sort of screwed up my application process (I was trying to transfer to Arizona State University) and already have more credits than I can transfer. My major is the same--still Religious Studies. I have enough credits to be considered a junior right now, and will officially be one at ASU next semester (I got accepted).

As for church, I'm a Worship Associate now, which (I don't know if other UU churches have the same organization as mine, so I'll explain) is basically a group of people who help plan services, help out in the pulpit, and do services when the minister is not present. I've been with them for the last couple months after a few months of inactivity. (I'm serious when I said earlier that I let myself fade into obscurity... it wasn't just here).

Finally, mudding. I don't mud anymore. Yet another thing I dropped, along with RF, writing, martial arts, and church (and almost school, sadly). Like all the above, I miss it and am hoping to go back soon, but I just don't know. I don't really have the time to spend hours each day trying futilely to level up a character. Some of my friends have started playing D&D online though, and I’m thinking about joining them on that.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Runt said:

*waves*
Hey Runt, don't know if ya remember me, I kinda started as you were leaving (under the name "SnaleSpace")...

Any way Great to see you back! :bow: Have some coffee!