• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello

gen1615

Hi All,

I've just joined. I'm a Christian. Just looking around. Interested in understanding Islam better... I live in London and after the recent events, I think there needs to be some bridge building. Interested in how we might do that with both respect and honesty... So I plan to visit the Islamic forum mainly, but I guess I'll get distracted by other areas too...

G.

fromthe heart

Welcome to the forums...this IS the place to be if you want to expand your mind in other extensions of religion. We are after all brothers and sisters so it's wonderful to learn more about the differences in each others faiths and find out how similar we are all in our walk in life.....learning brings understanding and in understanding we get peace within our diversities.:)

gen1615

Tell you about me? Well, I work part-time with refugees in West London. I love the cultural diversity of London. I'm 41 and a bloke, married with no kids (yet). Studying theology part-time too. Not sure what that will lead to. I'm Anglo-French, which are probably among the European nations that love to hate each other most... I like Belgian beer and support Arsenal FC! Well, you did ask...

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi gen1615. Welcome to Religious Forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi gen; Welcome to another Brit!

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

I think your idea is excellent - very commendable.

See you around!:)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
gen1615 said:
Hi All,

I've just joined. I'm a Christian. Just looking around. Interested in understanding Islam better... I live in London and after the recent events, I think there needs to be some bridge building. Interested in how we might do that with both respect and honesty... So I plan to visit the Islamic forum mainly, but I guess I'll get distracted by other areas too...

G.
Welcome! I admire people who are seeking for understanding of religions other than their own. Love and respect begin with knowledge. I'm glad you joined us. This is a good place to hang out.

Kathryn