• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello everybody

Hello everybody,
I can't claim to be any particular religion but I am fascinated by people's beliefs. The main thing to bear in mind, I think, is that faith has no logic so therefore arguing religious beliefs with logic is a waste of time - but that doesn't stop me!!
I heard a story which says a lot. It's supposed to be a joke, I think, but I believe there is a ring of truth in it.
It goes like this.....
A ship rescues a man who has been marooned on a desert island. As he stands on the deck of the rescue vessel, looking back at the island, the captain says to him, 'I thought you were alone on the island. So why have you got those three huts?'
The man replies, 'Well, I lived in one. The one next door is my church.'
Puzzled, the captain asks, 'Well why a third hut?'
'Oh!' replies the man, 'That's the church I used to go to.'

scitsofreaky

Welcome aboard! I agree with you that faith has no logic, but faith can work with logic.
I agree that the "joke" does contain truth, that man's beliefs are not constant, but change with our life experiences, and gaining knowledge.

Thanks Everybody -
Great to be welcomed by you all! I have this belief that Fundamenalists have no sense of humour. Prove me wrong!
I loved the recently departed Dave Allen who never stopped making jokes about religion. I reckon that he had more humanity and feeling for his fellow man than a million dogma minded clergy - of all persuasions.
I read somewhere that there is one koke in the Bible. I'd love to know where it is. I think I'll start a new thread on that.
Patron

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
welcome4.gif

and Please to meet you.