• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello all

Tzephanyahu

Where does your username come from? It sounds like a combination of Tsepha (poisonous snake in Hebrew) and the Netenyahu (The Israeli Prime Minister).

Haha, that's the first time I've heard that one. Good point!

Tzephanyahu is the Hebrew for Zephaniah. I does look a bit mental written though. Not very pleasing to the eye. A bit like me. :)

Tzephanyahu

Wow what a difficult name, lucky RF has this auto-fill in characters after typing 3 chars:)

Man, you're telling me. Already regretting it. Should've gone with 'Tzeph' instead!

When that happens, apologetics won't be of any help

In some ways I agree with you. Apologetics can only go so far and sometimes it's not even worth discussing them. However, beyond apologetics, learning how others think is far more fascinating. We all have a way of seeing things with certainty and often our journey getting there can be effected by our subjective experiences.

Thanks, for replying.
"Tzeph"

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Man, you're telling me. Already regretting it. Should've gone with 'Tzeph' instead!
:D
Aha, is your name something similar as English Stephan, only from a country where they spell "St" as "Tz". Just trying to make sense out of it.

In some ways I agree with you. Apologetics can only go so far and sometimes it's not even worth discussing them. However, beyond apologetics, learning how others think is far more fascinating. We all have a way of seeing things with certainty and often our journey getting there can be effected by our subjective experiences.
Very true, I agree with this. Its intriguing to observe others, and for sure I love to learn from other's experiences, esp. if I can avoid making mistakes

Thanks, for replying.
"Tzeph"
You're welcome

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Haha, that's the first time I've heard that one. Good point!

Tzephanyahu is the Hebrew for Zephaniah. I does look a bit mental written though. Not very pleasing to the eye. A bit like me. :)

That is so normal an answer that it is underwhelming! :tonguewink: The only reason why I thought it was related to a poisonous snake was because I wrote a poem once called "Tsepha ton Drakon" which translates to Poisonous Snake the Dragon, a Cherub serpent who descends on earth and corrupts mankind. Guess who he was supposed to be :tearsofjoy:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hi,

I was recommended this forum by another member on here who shared about the many interesting discussions he has had.

I'm a Christian who has an interest in apologetics. Being an Atheist for 20 years or so, I still have a vivid memory of that point of view and the common objections. However, I'm not here to push anyone this way or that way, but perhaps offer a plausible answer to a seeker that may help them in some way.

Thanks for reading.

Peace.
Welcome to RF :)

Tzephanyahu

That is so normal an answer that it is underwhelming!

True, I'm underwhelming myself at the best of times! There's not much of a back story to it. Although, we can club together and say I'm a descended dragon serpent if you like. Might get my posts more readers in the long run :)

It's good to learn that there are still poets out there today. Do you have any uploaded here?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
True, I'm underwhelming myself at the best of times! There's not much of a back story to it. Although, we can club together and say I'm a descended dragon serpent if you like. Might get my posts more readers in the long run :)

It's good to learn that there are still poets out there today. Do you have any uploaded here?

Maybe we should call you the serpent but then that would bode well for your apologetics :p

I actually haven't posted anything as I am focusing on my art. Poetry might accompany the lore that I am creating.

At the moment the two books I have read and am planning to read that are poetry is Dante's Inferno and Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained. Have you ever read those?

Tzephanyahu

Maybe we should call you the serpent but then that would bode well for your apologetics :p

I actually haven't posted anything as I am focusing on my art. Poetry might accompany the lore that I am creating.

At the moment the two books I have read and am planning to read that are poetry is Dante's Inferno and Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained. Have you ever read those?

No, I haven't read that work but I know of the basic through-line of them.

I work with Poet of Ephraim. His poems are Christian, but definitely non-standard. They are on the deeper concepts in the Bible and problems in the church today. So you might dig them, you might hate them - but there here ;)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
No, I haven't read that work but I know of the basic through-line of them.

I work with Poet of Ephraim. His poems are Christian, but definitely non-standard. They are on the deeper concepts in the Bible and problems in the church today. So you might dig them, you might hate them - but there here ;)

I just read a few poems in the link. I like them! Its cool that he is inspired by verses of the Bible which he references below each poem. I also like the layout of the web page, it is well designed.

Tzephanyahu

I just read a few poems in the link. I like them! Its cool that he is inspired by verses of the Bible which he references below each poem. I also like the layout of the web page, it is well designed.

Ah cool, I'll let him know. Yes, his stuff is surely to make the Sunday-Christian uncomfortable!

It seems like poetry is making a come back these days. It's a great way of communicating big concepts into a digestible format. Therefore, whilst you are expressing through your art you should definitely set aside time regularly to also do so in your poetry and upload it.

Peace