• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello all

Tzephanyahu

Hi,

I was recommended this forum by another member on here who shared about the many interesting discussions he has had.

I'm a Christian who has an interest in apologetics. Being an Atheist for 20 years or so, I still have a vivid memory of that point of view and the common objections. However, I'm not here to push anyone this way or that way, but perhaps offer a plausible answer to a seeker that may help them in some way.

Thanks for reading.

Peace.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hi,

I was recommended this forum by another member on here who shared about the many interesting discussions he has had.

I'm a Christian who has an interest in apologetics. Being an Atheist for 20 years or so, I still have a vivid memory of that point of view and the common objections. However, I'm not here to push anyone this way or that way, but perhaps offer a plausible answer to a seeker that may help them in some way.

Thanks for reading.

Peace.
welcome to rf

Laika

Premium Member
Hi,

Thanks for reading.

Peace.

Welcome to the forums Tzephanyahu! I hope you have a great time here. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Join us for the free breakfast
in the staff dining hall....
R6dcf1e995f533ba4f7674f4e44f1791b

And then join us for discussion in
the cafeteria for ordinary members....
giphy.gif

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
We've just instituted a newcomers' chocolate tax, so pay up Welcome!

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Hi,

Thanks for reading.

Peace.

Welcome to the forum!

It would be interesting to hear how you changed from atheism to Christianity. Best to do that on a part pf the forum that doesn't allow debating if you just want to tell your story without criticism.

Where does your username come from? It sounds like a combination of Tsepha (poisonous snake in Hebrew) and the Netenyahu (The Israeli Prime Minister).

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hi,

Thanks for reading.

Peace.
Welcome to RF, Tzephanyahu.

That's quite an entrance you make as you might have guessed from the quests for your story. I'm also interested. Until now my hypothesis stands that there is no way from atheism to theism by the way of reason. But you don't claim that, do you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Scratches her head at the terms "former atheist." I get irreligious or formally without a spiritual practice. That or maybe I've never "considered" there was a god until one popped up. Maybe... Hmm.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hi,

Hi, @Tzephanyahu,

Welcome to RF,
Wow what a difficult name, lucky RF has this auto-fill in characters after typing 3 chars:)

I'm not here to push anyone this way or that way, but perhaps offer a plausible answer to a seeker that may help them in some way.
That sounds good and friendly. People usually don't like to be pushed around

I'm a Christian who has an interest in apologetics. Being an Atheist for 20 years or so, I still have a vivid memory of that point of view and the common objections.
We have very easy going Atheists here, I have had no need for apologetics past 3 years:D

Atheists usually don't think of God, as Atheism is defined as "lack of believe in God"
And when you don't believe in something, it's quite unusual that you think a lot about it
They see God as a "pink elephant", and which grown-up thinks about "pink elephants?"
Only when a child will ask them about a "pink elephant" then they will play the game along

But once you get Atheists started on "pink elephants", man it's hard to stop them
Before you know, you see "pink elephants" flying around on RF everywhere
Often they get company from "flying spaghetti monsters too"
When that happens, apologetics won't be of any help
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

Tzephanyahu

If i may ask, how did you get from atheism to apologetics?

It would be interesting to hear how you changed from atheism to Christianity.

I'm also interested.

Scratches her head at the terms "former atheist."

Well, I actually became a Christian after working in Christian Ministry whilst still an Atheist.

At first working for them almost made me more of an Atheist! Hehe. My mind was settled on most things.

However, I saw a lot of things go on that I couldn’t explain - best as I tried with my analytical, logical and cynical mind. But it wasn’t the healings or miracles that changed my opinions! I just classed them as “potential mind over matter”. No, rather it was when I learned the reality of true evil and the very real response practitioners would get from it. I thought they must be antithesis to utter evil and, if so, who would depict it perfectly. That clicked something in me and I was suddenly aware of the Creator on a different level.

It was a paradigm shift that felt like I had forgotten something from long ago and then suddenly remembered it and it’s importance. Imagine realising now that you’re 2 hours late to pick up a loved one from the airport. That kind of sudden kind of shock realisation and alarm.

I didn’t leave it there though, as just a philosophical understanding. I had plenty of questions on everything in the Bible and researched each question thoroughly, which is how I got interest in apologetics.

Only after these hurdles, did the real journey begin. To read and understand the Bible unshackled from Church theology and traditions, and unravelling all my preconceived ideas. To be honest, I’m still not at the end of the journey. I have much to learn. But it’s a fascinating trip.

Thanks for asking and apologies for rambling!