• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello all

Hi everyone!

Having come across so many topics and debates from this forum in my googling, me thought it a good idea to join.

A little about me: I'm a twenty-five year old male living in midtown Tallahassee Florida. I am an occasional university student, and a full-time student of my own informal amalgamative curriculum. I work in marketing (boo!), but would prefer to teach or research or maybe even panhandle.

I've recently decided to give the ol' Broca and Wernicke areas a work out and get in to some discussions and multi-brain ruminations on topics of interest.

Some of those topics include: Biblical hermeneutics, free will, evolution, universalism, Jesus, philosophy, noncanonical literature, (double) predestination, early christian politics, reformation history, modern christian politics...
and to clarify - I do not use 'interests' as a synonym for 'belief in' or 'endorsement of'.

I am a big fan of the expression of complex thought, and thoroughly enjoy discussions and informal debate with those who differ in opinion or faith than myself.

See you in the forums!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi nonobjective,

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the forum ; You'll find your way around in no time! - if you can't work something out, just ask, we don't bite!:D

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

Hope we can learn from each other - although I have no qualifications, just a bit of experience of life.........:)

As you say, I look forward to seeing you around!

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Welcome to RF! I think you'll find it an amusing and entertaining site with all kinds of folks from all different backgrounds posting here regularly.

As for the panhandling...:D...a few years ago, a consumer reporter here in Atlanta raised $80-100 a day simply with a can and a sign 'Help the Children' without many people asking where the money was going. I don't remember how many hours a day he invested, but if you pick a high enough traffic area, it won't take too long.;)

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, nonobjective. Welcome to Religious Forums. That was a great introduction. I am sure you will find lots to discuss and debate at RF. I hope you enjoy your stay! :jiggy:

michel said:
Hi nonobjective,

Hope we can learn from each other - although I have no qualifications, just a bit of experience of life.........:)

pleasure to meet you as well...

And as for qualifications, I side with Emerson in believing that all of human knowledge is 'explained' by individual experience.

CaptainXeroid said:
...a few years ago, a consumer reporter here in Atlanta raised $80-100 a day simply with a can and a sign 'Help the Children' without many people asking where the money was going. I don't remember how many hours a day he invested, but if you pick a high enough traffic area, it won't take too long.;)

Hey Cap'n, thanks for the welcome! =)

I've seen first hand how profitable it can be... raising money for various causes has shown me how generous the average person is... generous as well as gullible (unfortunately).

but there is something to be said for the generous and trusting in us...

... i just can't think of what it is to be said...

oh well, three cheers for the generous and trusting (and laden with pocket change)!

Ori

Angel slayer
Namaste, nonobjective, I hope you enjoy your time here.

We look forward to more stimulating conversations, theories and philosophy from yourself, you seem like an immensely intelligent person, we are honoured you have decided to be one with us.

Jensa said:
Hi and welcome! I must say, I adore your avatar. :) Hope you enjoy the forums.

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to hearing your perspective on things... You already seem to have good taste in avatars :)

orichalcum said:
Namaste, nonobjective, I hope you enjoy your time here.

We look forward to more stimulating conversations, theories and philosophy from yourself, you seem like an immensely intelligent person, we are honoured you have decided to be one with us.

Thanks, I look forward to the same!