• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Helen Reddy has died

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
'I Am Woman' singer Helen Reddy dead at 78

Sept. 30 (UPI) -- Australian singer-songwriter, feminist icon and TV personality Helen Reddy has died at age 78, her family announced.

Reddy was diagnosed with dementia in 2015. Her final years were spent being cared for at the Motion Picture and Television Fund's Samuel Goldwyn Center for Behavioral Health in Woodland Hills.

An exact cause of death was not released.

"It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved mother, Helen Reddy, on the afternoon of September 29th 2020 in Los Angeles," her children Traci Donat and Jordan Sommers wrote in a statement on Reddy's official fan page on Facebook Tuesday.

"She was a wonderful Mother, Grandmother and a truly formidable woman. Our hearts are broken. But we take comfort in the knowledge that her voice will live on forever."

Rest in peace.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Another bit of sad news is that Mac Davis also died.

I remember when he and Helen Reddy sang a duet of "Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me" back on The Mac Davis Show in the 70s.

hqdefault.jpg

Mac Davis, country singer and songwriter, dead at 78