• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Healthcare Passes the Senate....

Troublemane

So, who's celebrating? Who's upset? And how is this going to help anyone? I know the bill needs to be reconciled with the House version of the same bill, but tell me....if insurance companies are not allowed to deny people with pre-existing conditions, then what will happen to insurance?

Can you forsee them only offering policies to specific groups of people, and denying coverage to people of another age group for example? That will get around the law.

And whats to stop people from just not being covered. It costs 2,000 per year to be covered, but only 900 to pay the penalty of having no insurance. Its cheaper to just pay the penalty.

Again, looks like the Congress just signed almost a trillion dollars away for nothing.:(

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It's not over till the fat lady sings. Getting 60 Senate votes AND the House to agree is still a hurdle. Then there is this delay of many years before health care starts. It could get killed before it gets started. One thing for sure, our Seniors will be getting less, that starts immediately. It is a shame, they have earned their entitlements unlike the rest.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I am moderately pleased. It is nowhere near perfect, but it is a foot in the door. It'll be a mess at first, but new reform laws can always be passed to correct some of the flaws.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If it passes, then we are taking a step towards a better tomorrow. The bill as it stands may not be perfect, but at least if it passes, the focus can be set on improving, rather than having to put up with the blatant lies, scare tactics, and straight up bull **** that has been said about the bill.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If it passes, then we are taking a step towards a better tomorrow. The bill as it stands may not be perfect, but at least if it passes, the focus can be set on improving, rather than having to put up with the blatant lies, scare tactics, and straight up bull **** that has been said about the bill.
Mmmm. It should prove interesting how America potty trains this Frankensteinian piece of legislation.
What is boggling is that America is already broke and yet it keeps spending like a drunken sailor. Brilliant.

Perhaps, in the not so distant future, raising children in the US will be considered cruel and unusual punishment or reckless endangerment.

Last edited:

Troublemane

If they are gonna cut Medicare by half, just to pay for it, when they are willing to raise the debt ceiling just so they can keep the war going? It makes no sense.

I say, drop the pretense...just drop medicare/medicaid, drop all public options and just print up the money, they will anyways,---and mail every person in America a check for $1,000 every week. I mean why not? If they are going to inflate our currency so obscenely, and increase the national debt to the point where in less than 20 years, the government will be paying JUST the interest on the debt and wont have anything left over to pay for welfare, social security, or even the military,....i mean, why not just give everyone in the country $1,000 cash every week.

It just seems like it would be simpler! :trampo:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It's not over till the fat lady sings. Getting 60 Senate votes AND the House to agree is still a hurdle. Then there is this delay of many years before health care starts. It could get killed before it gets started. One thing for sure, our Seniors will be getting less, that starts immediately. It is a shame, they have earned their entitlements unlike the rest.
So you're saying Michelle Obama is fat...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
i mean, why not just give everyone in the country $1,000 cash every week.
Germany's pre-WWII depression does come to mind. When people got excited over the initial stimulus package under Bush, I think I was the only one I know who wasn't happy about this "free money."