• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Health Crisis

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Two weeks ago, our 13 year old Persian cat suddenly died given he had serious (genetically inherited) kidney and heart disease that was not exhibiting symptoms until the last few days of his life. The veterinarian was as shocked as we were. I have been in shock ever since this happened because it happened so suddenly and triggered my PTSD, but after the initial shock I seemed to be coping okay for the first week, as I tend to do since I am strong and I had to go to work. A week ago, we were was going to adopt a 7 year old Persian cat and I was very excited but then the owner apparently changed her mind and adopted her out to someone else. She never even bothered to respond to my e-mail, so this was yet another shock and loss for me.

That happened last Saturday and then I took a nose-dive last Monday. I was suddenly unable to type coherent sentences and I could not understand why so I panicked. I still do not know why after seeing two different doctors, last Tuesday and Thursday. The first doctor who I saw me in urgent care seemed to think these mental symptoms can be explained by anxiety and/or depression, but I have been depressed and anxious before and nothing like this has ever happened to me, as I am normally as sharp as a tack. He pulled some strings to get me into see a counselor, which was good because I really liked her and need to see someone.

The second doctor examined me and talked to me for over an hour and ran blood work. So far, all that has been determined is that I have anemia, but I already knew that since this is a hereditary condition that is not treatable.

I had to tell my boss about this because I knew it was affecting my mental functioning and I was scared I would not be able to work at my highly technical job. Luckily, I have four weeks off work starting next week, but what if it does not improve? I will be following up with my family doctor next week.

Meanwhile, yesterday, the owner of another Persian cat I had called about two weeks ago called me back and she needs to find a home for her cat so she has dropped the price by half, since she has her own dire set of circumstances. She was also willing to meet me halfway to deliver the cat since I cannot drive on the freeway anymore. So my husband and I are going to take the intercity transit bus to the next city tomorrow and pick up the cat. I am happy about this turn of events because these Persian cats are scarcer than hen’s teeth. Maybe my mood will improve after this, I don’t know. I felt as if it was a Godsend. I love my cats more than anything in the world, so if we lose one, we always get another one even though we have a lot of cats. Also, given his history and temperament, this cat needed a home like ours where it is peaceful and quiet.

Maybe all of this happened for a reason because I am approaching retirement and I need to change my lifestyle. Before this, I had not seen the doctor in years, but my blood pressure is high, and I think it is because of the stress, I have so much stress in my life. My husband and I were also not getting along very well before this happened but we seem to be banding together now, as often happens in times of crisis.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hope things get better for you, and that it's the stress it sounds like it might be and not something more serious (though to much stress can be serious). Take care,and try to take it easy for awhile if you can. :hugehug:

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Two weeks ago, our 13 year old Persian cat suddenly died given he had serious (genetically inherited) kidney and heart disease that was not exhibiting symptoms until the last few days of his life. The veterinarian was as shocked as we were. I have been in shock ever since this happened because it happened so suddenly and triggered my PTSD, but after the initial shock I seemed to be coping okay for the first week, as I tend to do since I am strong and I had to go to work. A week ago, we were was going to adopt a 7 year old Persian cat and I was very excited but then the owner apparently changed her mind and adopted her out to someone else. She never even bothered to respond to my e-mail, so this was yet another shock and loss for me.

That happened last Saturday and then I took a nose-dive last Monday. I was suddenly unable to type coherent sentences and I could not understand why so I panicked. I still do not know why after seeing two different doctors, last Tuesday and Thursday. The first doctor who I saw me in urgent care seemed to think these mental symptoms can be explained by anxiety and/or depression, but I have been depressed and anxious before and nothing like this has ever happened to me, as I am normally as sharp as a tack. He pulled some strings to get me into see a counselor, which was good because I really liked her and need to see someone.

The second doctor examined me and talked to me for over an hour and ran blood work. So far, all that has been determined is that I have anemia, but I already knew that since this is a hereditary condition that is not treatable.

I had to tell my boss about this because I knew it was affecting my mental functioning and I was scared I would not be able to work at my highly technical job. Luckily, I have four weeks off work starting next week, but what if it does not improve? I will be following up with my family doctor next week.

Meanwhile, yesterday, the owner of another Persian cat I had called about two weeks ago called me back and she needs to find a home for her cat so she has dropped the price by half, since she has her own dire set of circumstances. She was also willing to meet me halfway to deliver the cat since I cannot drive on the freeway anymore. So my husband and I are going to take the intercity transit bus to the next city tomorrow and pick up the cat. I am happy about this turn of events because these Persian cats are scarcer than hen’s teeth. Maybe my mood will improve after this, I don’t know. I felt as if it was a Godsend. I love my cats more than anything in the world, so if we lose one, we always get another one even though we have a lot of cats. Also, given his history and temperament, this cat needed a home like ours where it is peaceful and quiet.

Maybe all of this happened for a reason because I am approaching retirement and I need to change my lifestyle. Before this, I had not seen the doctor in years, but my blood pressure is high, and I think it is because of the stress, I have so much stress in my life. My husband and I were also not getting along very well before this happened but we seem to be banding together now, as often happens in times of crisis.
From here I hope you’re new Cat relieves some of your stress and that you feel better soon

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, good to hear there’s nothing seriously wrong with you. Hope you’re in a better space soon.