• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He is Risen - The Evidence

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It’s influence shows no sign of waning. I’d say there’s plenty which is amazing about that.
With all due respect, the Bible's influence shows plenty of signs of waning, and that evidence is that Christianity is on the decline, compared to the other Abrahamic religions that are on the rise.

The growth rates of the Abrahamic religions from 1910-2010 were as follows: Judaism .11%, Christianity 1.32%, Islam 1.97%, and Baha’i Faith 3.54%.

From 2000-2010 Islam became the fastest growing religion (1.86 %)and the Baha’i Faith was the second fastest growing religion (1.72%).

Statistics from: Growth of religion - Wikipedia

The growth rates of the Baha’i Faith were higher than Islam from 1910 to 2010 because it includes the “formative age” of the Baha’i Faith (1921-1944)FOURTH PERIOD: THE INCEPTION OF THE FORMATIVE AGE OF THE BAHÁ’Í FAITH 1921–1944

Growth has slowed down since 2000 because the new Baha’i Faith goal is community building so the emphasis is not on teaching the Faith.

Sure, Christianity is still the largest religion in the world, but it is projected that in the second half of this century Islam will surpass Christianity as the largest religion in the world.

In the next half century or so, Christianity’s long reign as the world’s largest religion may come to an end, according to a just-released report that builds on Pew Research Center’s original population growth projections for religious groups. Indeed, Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the overall world population between 2015 and 2060 and, in the second half of this century, will likely surpass Christians as the world’s largest religious group.

Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group

Unless God intervenes or the Baha'is do something markedly different it will be a long time before the Baha'i Faith ever catches up with those two major religions because both of them have many years on us. Having done the math, Christianity has had 1870 more years and Islam has had 1220 more years to grow. That is a lot of years.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why do you think people still read and perform plays by Shakespeare? And quote him? Why do we still read Homer, and Ovid and Virgil? And Milton and Shelley and mad beautiful autodidactic visionary William Blake. Because, I would suggest, their writing contains precious gems of both truth and beauty. Not necessarily literal truths, but abiding truths nonetheless.
The difference is that millions of people do not believe what is in these plays these are literal truths. Do you understand the damage that has been done to society by Christians believing Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into the clouds to heaven, making it possible for Christians to also believe that the same Jesus will return from heaven soon and fix everything that is wrong in this world? Needless to say I consider it an egregious belief.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because Jesus Rising from the dead and ascending into Heaven is a fact. To be verified when He returns. You have the liberty to argue till then.
A fact? o_O :confused:You might get more mileage from the atheists if you were at least honest and admitted what you have is a belief and not a fact. I never called my beliefs a fact although there are facts about my religion that can be proven whereas there are no such facts about Christianity.

fact

something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:

fact

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because Jesus Rising from the dead and ascending into Heaven is a fact. To be verified when He returns. You have the liberty to argue till then.
When He returns? If you believe everything else in the Bible is true why don't you believe what Jesus said about not coming Back to this world?

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

no more
phrase of more

1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"

2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"

3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"

4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"

5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Translate no more to
Definitions from Oxford Languages

A fact? o_O :confused:You might get more mileage from the atheists if you were at least honest and admitted
When He returns? If you believe everything else in the Bible is true why don't you believe what Jesus said about not coming Back to this world?

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

no more
phrase of more

1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"

2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"

3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"

4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"

5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Translate no more to
Definitions from Oxford Languages
“For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:27, 29-31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
“For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”
I know it is difficult for some because one has to read in context, but Jesus said that he would come back, you know, end of the world. Armagetting out of here. While some of the disciples were still alive. That never happened.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Sorry to say but those verses are not referring to Jesus. :(

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

18. Lightning from the East

I now began an earnest search for clues that would tell me something about the place in which the Messiah would appear. Two interesting things came to light. For the first coming, Daniel had given the time and Micah had given the place. Daniel had prophesied exactly when the Messiah would appear the first time and when He would be slain. Micah had said of the place: “But thou, Bethlehem … out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel.”(Micah 5:2)

Daniel had also prophesied with even greater exactness the time of the second coming of the Messiah in 1844 (see p. 20). Therefore, I turned to Micah for a possible clue as to the place of His second appearance. I was richly rewarded. In Micah 7:7 and 12 I found:

“I will wait for the God of my salvation … In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria …” (Micah 7:7, 12)

The Assyrian Empire at one time covered the entire area in which both Daniel and Micah lived out their lives. Therefore, I chose to study those parts of the Empire, in which these two prophets traditionally lived and taught. To my surprise, I found that there were many other clues to follow as well. Gradually one led to another, until a definite picture began to emerge, and I knew at least in which direction to turn my gaze.

The book of Ezekiel spoke of a great Figure who would come in those days. He said: “And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east.” (Ezekiel 43:2)

This was clearly a reference to the second coming of Christ and not the first, for Jesus did not come from the way of the East, He came from north and west of Jerusalem. Isaiah in like manner spoke of the wondrous Figure who would come from the East. Isaiah said that it was God Himself Who had “… raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings.” (Isaiah 41:2) Even Christ Himself pointed to the direction from which He would appear in the day of His second coming. Speaking of that day, He said: “For as the lightning cometh out of the East … so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matthew 24:27)

The Jewish Oracles, the Sibylline books, prophesied that the ‘King Messiah’ of the time of the end would come ‘from the sunrise’.(The Messianic Idea in Israel, J. G. Klausner, 1956, p. 376). Daniel had written his words of millennial prophecy while in the East. In fact, he was in Elam, a part of ancient Persia, when he foretold with such startling accuracy the exact time of both the first and the second comings of Christ. It was in the capital city of Persia, Shúshán, (Ancient Susa, Khúzistán, south-west Írán) that Daniel had the prophetic vision that revealed the year 1844 as the time for the return of the Messiah. Daniel not only gave the time 1844, but he also directed attention to the place, saying that ‘Elam’ (Persia) would be given as a place of ‘vision’ in the latter days (Daniel 8:2). The Prophet Jeremiah speaks of things that ‘shall come to pass in the latter days’ and in the verse preceding this, he says: “And I will set my throne in Elam (Persia) … saith the Lord.”(Jeremiah 49:38). I came across a prophecy well known among the Arabs. Speaking of the time of the end, it said:“When the promised One appears, the ‘upholders of His faith shall be the people of Persia.’”(The Dawn-breakers, Nabíl, p. 49). All these prophecies clearly showed that the Messiah would come from the East, and they put a strong emphasis on the territory of Persia. It was something definite to go on. The circle was narrowing.

William Sears, Thief in the Night, pp. 73-75

Daniel 8:2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.

It appears as if the Throne was set in Elam, not in Jerusalem, as many Christians believe.

The Lord was prophesied to set His throne in Elam, from which the Messiah would rule.
Elam is modern-day Persia, where Baha’u’llah was born.

Jeremiah 49:38 And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the LORD.

When that verse was recorded Elam existed and the verses for the coming of the Lord refer to the latter days.

Jeremiah 49:39 But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

upload_2021-5-21_20-1-40.png

upload_2021-5-21_20-2-0.png

Last edited:
Sorry to say but those verses are not referring to Jesus. :(

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

18. Lightning from the East

I now began an earnest search for clues that would tell me something about the place in which the Messiah would appear. Two interesting things came to light. For the first coming, Daniel had given the time and Micah had given the place. Daniel had prophesied exactly when the Messiah would appear the first time and when He would be slain. Micah had said of the place: “But thou, Bethlehem … out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel.”(Micah 5:2)

Daniel had also prophesied with even greater exactness the time of the second coming of the Messiah in 1844 (see p. 20). Therefore, I turned to Micah for a possible clue as to the place of His second appearance. I was richly rewarded. In Micah 7:7 and 12 I found:

“I will wait for the God of my salvation … In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria …” (Micah 7:7, 12)

The Assyrian Empire at one time covered the entire area in which both Daniel and Micah lived out their lives. Therefore, I chose to study those parts of the Empire, in which these two prophets traditionally lived and taught. To my surprise, I found that there were many other clues to follow as well. Gradually one led to another, until a definite picture began to emerge, and I knew at least in which direction to turn my gaze.

The book of Ezekiel spoke of a great Figure who would come in those days. He said: “And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east.” (Ezekiel 43:2)

This was clearly a reference to the second coming of Christ and not the first, for Jesus did not come from the way of the East, He came from north and west of Jerusalem. Isaiah in like manner spoke of the wondrous Figure who would come from the East. Isaiah said that it was God Himself Who had “… raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings.” (Isaiah 41:2) Even Christ Himself pointed to the direction from which He would appear in the day of His second coming. Speaking of that day, He said: “For as the lightning cometh out of the East … so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matthew 24:27)

The Jewish Oracles, the Sibylline books, prophesied that the ‘King Messiah’ of the time of the end would come ‘from the sunrise’.(The Messianic Idea in Israel, J. G. Klausner, 1956, p. 376). Daniel had written his words of millennial prophecy while in the East. In fact, he was in Elam, a part of ancient Persia, when he foretold with such startling accuracy the exact time of both the first and the second comings of Christ. It was in the capital city of Persia, Shúshán, (Ancient Susa, Khúzistán, south-west Írán) that Daniel had the prophetic vision that revealed the year 1844 as the time for the return of the Messiah. Daniel not only gave the time 1844, but he also directed attention to the place, saying that ‘Elam’ (Persia) would be given as a place of ‘vision’ in the latter days (Daniel 8:2). The Prophet Jeremiah speaks of things that ‘shall come to pass in the latter days’ and in the verse preceding this, he says: “And I will set my throne in Elam (Persia) … saith the Lord.”(Jeremiah 49:38). I came across a prophecy well known among the Arabs. Speaking of the time of the end, it said:“When the promised One appears, the ‘upholders of His faith shall be the people of Persia.’”(The Dawn-breakers, Nabíl, p. 49). All these prophecies clearly showed that the Messiah would come from the East, and they put a strong emphasis on the territory of Persia. It was something definite to go on. The circle was narrowing.

William Sears, Thief in the Night, pp. 73-75

Daniel 8:2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.

It appears as if the Throne was set in Elam, not in Jerusalem, as many Christians believe.

The Lord was prophesied to set His throne in Elam, from which the Messiah would rule.
Elam is modern-day Persia, where Baha’u’llah was born.

Jeremiah 49:38 And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the LORD.

When that verse was recorded Elam existed and the verses for the coming of the Lord refer to the latter days.

Jeremiah 49:39 But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

View attachment 50783

View attachment 50784
The Bible is all about Jesus Christ from Genesis to Revelation. Only One who is worthy to take the Scroll and open the Seals. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Definitely Jesus in Matthew 24.
“Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:11-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ” And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-5, 14-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think one can be blamed if people choose not to see.
The evidence was presented. You don't have to believe it. You get to choose.
By all means please go ahead believing that evidence was presented and others are at fault in not being able to see it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible is all about Jesus Christ from Genesis to Revelation. Only One who is worthy to take the Scroll and open the Seals. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
That is an awfully presumptuous thing to say, that the Bible is all about Jesus. The New Testament is about Jesus but only certain prophecies in the Old Testament refer to Jesus and the remainder refer to Baha'u'llah. Moreover any prophecies that refer to what will happen in the end times are about Baha'u'llah, since Jesus is not coming back to this world.

Baha'u'llah was the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus denied being a King and said that His kingdom was not of this world, His kingdom was in heaven, where He is right now and where He will stay forever.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”
Definitely Jesus in Matthew 24.
“Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:11-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Those verses are about Baha'ullah too. Any verses in Revelation referring to the return of Christ are about Baha'u'llah, since we know two things: (a) Baha'u'llah fulfilled all the Bible prophecies for the return of Christ, and (b) Jesus is not coming back to earth since Jesus said I am no more in the world and my work is finished here.

(John 14:19, John 17:11, John 17:4, John 19:30)
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ” And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-5, 14-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Those verses are about God, not about Jesus. all things were made through God since God created the heavens and the earth.

The Holy Spirit and the Word are the appearance of God. The Spirit and the Word mean the divine perfections that appeared in Jesus Christ, and these perfections were with God. The Word does not mean the body of Jesus but rather the divine perfections manifested in Jesus. Jesus was like a clear mirror and the divine perfections were visible and apparent in this mirror. Therefore, the Word and the Holy Spirit, which signify the perfections of God, are the divine appearance. This is the meaning of the verse which says: “The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

When God sent Jesus, Jesus was “manifested” in the flesh and Jesus dwelt among us. God did not become flesh, but rather the divine perfections of God were manifested in Jesus who came in the flesh and revealed the Word of God to humanity.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

You can't get it any plainer than that. God was manifest in the flesh, not incarnated in the flesh. If God had been incarnated in the flesh then God would have become flesh and we would be able to see God; but Jesus said no man has ever seen God.

RestlessSoul

The difference is that millions of people do not believe what is in these plays these are literal truths. Do you understand the damage that has been done to society by Christians believing Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into the clouds to heaven, making it possible for Christians to also believe that the same Jesus will return from heaven soon and fix everything that is wrong in this world? Needless to say I consider it an egregious belief.

Well now. Maybe the Bible will be read only in libraries, and not from pulpits, and maybe that will be a good thing. Still, it will be read.

As for the difference between the Bible and Shakespeare, I do believe that “there are more things in heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamed of in thy philosophy.”

I do believe;

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep”.

And I do believe these words of Shelley;

I am the eye with which the Universe
Beholds itself and knows itself divine.

These to me are universal truths. They go beyond the intellect and speaks directly to the heart. Poetry can do this.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.
- Psalm 19:14

While the Bible contains poetry like the Psalms, and Ecclesiastes, and Revelation, it will continue to be read. As long as there are libraries, it will be read. It will be read because;

The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
- Proverbs 18:4

Such is the power of language, such is the power of the written word;

Language is a perpetual Orphic song,
Which rules with Daedal harmony a throng
Of thoughts and forms, which else senseless and shapeless were.

- Percy Shelley

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God.
- John 1:1

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
True

Not true

You should have written it like I did;), adding the word "some", then it would have been true (with a probability (close to) 100%)
I did not omit the world "some" on purpose, and I never said all, so I did not mean all. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well now. Maybe the Bible will be read only in libraries, and not from pulpits, and maybe that will be a good thing. Still, it will be read.

As for the difference between the Bible and Shakespeare, I do believe that “there are more things in heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamed of in thy philosophy.”

I do believe;

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep”.

And I do believe these words of Shelley;

I am the eye with which the Universe
Beholds itself and knows itself divine.

These to me are universal truths. They go beyond the intellect and speaks directly to the heart. Poetry can do this.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.
- Psalm 19:14

While the Bible contains poetry like the Psalms, and Ecclesiastes, and Revelation, it will continue to be read. As long as there are libraries, it will be read. It will be read because;

The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
- Proverbs 18:4

Such is the power of language, such is the power of the written word;

Language is a perpetual Orphic song,
Which rules with Daedal harmony a throng
Of thoughts and forms, which else senseless and shapeless were.

- Percy Shelley

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God.
- John 1:1
There are universal truths in the Bible, but there are also universal truths in other religious scriptures, so why is the Bible "better" than all the other scriptures? That is the 100,000,000 dollar question.

As long as people cling to the Bible, they will never be able to see any scriptures that were written after that, and that is the real tragedy, Imo..

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I did not omit the world "some" on purpose, and I never said all, so I did not mean all. ;)
Still not true

You said "those claiming", though not meaning all people, you still said "those claiming"; generalizing is always false unless you checked the whole group;)

RestlessSoul

There are universal truths in the Bible, but there are also universal truths in other religious scriptures, so why is the Bible "better" than all the other scriptures? That is the 100,000,000 dollar question.

As long as people cling to the Bible, they will never be able to see any scriptures that were written after that, and that is the real tragedy, Imo..

I don't say the Bible is better than other scriptures. And I don't think it needs to be clung to, though in rough seas we may need lifeboats, and the Bible can serve as one such. So can the Bhagavad Gita, the Dhammapada, the Tao Te Ching all of which I have by my bed, along with my KJV.

A little book of Japanese jisei Poems by Zen monks and Haiku poets, has at times brought me more comfort than any of these. I'll take wisdom, and insight, and comfort, wherever I can find it.

Bitter winds of winter-
but later, river willow,
open up your buds.

-Senryu

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Still not true

You said "those claiming", though not meaning all people, you still said "those claiming"; generalizing is always false unless you checked the whole group;)
This is accurate and not generalizing:
Some people claiming there is evidence claim it because they really want it to be that way. :cool:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't say the Bible is better than other scriptures. And I don't think it needs to be clung to, though in rough seas we may need lifeboats, and the Bible can serve as one such. So can the Bhagavad Gita, the Dhammapada, the Tao Te Ching all of which I have by my bed, along with my KJV.
I normally try to swim to shore alone, but sometimes I use other people as lifeboats.
If I needed scriptures for a lifeboat, my lifeboat would be the Writings of Baha'ullah, but that's just me. ;)