• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He is Risen - The Evidence

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible doesn't say that Jesus was risen. Not originally, anyhow.

The oldest verson of the oldest Gospel, Mark, ends with the tomb empty and the disciples confused and afraid.

As with Jesus's miracle stories, it was only as time went on that the story was embellished, first with Jesus just appearing to a small group of followers.

Later, with the last Gospel to be written - John - we see a very grandiose re-imagining, with the story now including a "zombie invasion" of Jerusalem and an earthquake that rips the veil of the Temple in two. Both of these events are things that should have appeared in other people's historical records regardless of how hard it was to supposedly identify the resurrected Jesus.

Same with the stories earlier in the Gospel narrative of the census and Herod's slaughter of the firstborn sons of Jerusalem. Both of these events somehow failed to catch the attention of those who were chronicling the events of this period.

BTW: why do you think Josephus - who apparently disliked Herod and tried to cast him in a bad light in his works - would have passed up the opportunity to throw shade at him over ordering a mass slaughter of children?
Your post is a Winner but it was Informative to me and I had to choose so I picked informative. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Really? Does to me. Sorry that your hero’s are still in the grave.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Your hero might not be in the grave but that is no proof that He ever rose from the dead.
What you have for an argument is called a non sequitur

non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs
a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
"his weird mixed metaphors and non sequiturs"

Your argument is also an argument from ignorance.

Argument from ignorance asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true. This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there may have been an insufficient investigation, and therefore there is insufficient information to prove the proposition be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four,
  1. true
  2. false
  3. unknown between true or false
  4. being unknowable (among the first three).[1]
Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia

Your hero is exactly where my hero is right now, in heaven, and He has been there ever since He died on the cross. Of course that is just my belief, so I am not claiming it is true, as Christians claim about Jesus rising, as if it is an actual fact, lol.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What argument are you talking about? I presented facts.
You have no facts, according to the definition of a fact.

fact

something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:

fact

What you have is faith, according to the definition of faith.

faith

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=faith+means

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Your hero might not be in the grave but that is no proof that He ever rose from the dead.
What you have for an argument is called a non sequitur

non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs
a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
"his weird mixed metaphors and non sequiturs"

Your argument is also an argument from ignorance.

Argument from ignorance asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true. This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there may have been an insufficient investigation, and therefore there is insufficient information to prove the proposition be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four,
  1. true
  2. false
  3. unknown between true or false
  4. being unknowable (among the first three).[1]
Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia

Your hero is exactly where my hero is right now, in heaven, and He has been there ever since He died on the cross. Of course that is just my belief, so I am not claiming it is true, as Christians claim about Jesus rising, as if it is an actual fact, lol.
Because Jesus Rising from the dead and ascending into Heaven is a fact. To be verified when He returns. You have the liberty to argue till then.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Because Jesus Rising from the dead and ascending into Heaven is a fact. To be verified when He returns. You have the liberty to argue till then.
Sounds like a myth. Just like the story of Mohammad riding a horse over the Moon. If it is a "fact" you would need a reliable source. Just to save you some time, the Bible is far from being a reliable source. So, where's your evidence?