• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He Did Not Pray - Trump's photo op

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
More cringe-tastic was the semi-violent clearing of the path for him.
Only "semi-violent"? It's just violent. Even in war, tear gas is banned. They're using military helicopters to hover low above protesters, clipping trees and almost making them fall on them. That's a tactic used in warzones to terrify people.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure about that. But some seem to be claiming what appears that they watched it on TV live. I'd have to pour through the comments again and try to decipher.
So, nothing conclusive on either side of the story. That's what I was attempting to point out.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Just wanted to point out that Park Police have a different version of the story:
https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/status/1267791336146636800

"First on WTOP: U.S. Park Police is explaining its decision-making in clearing Lafayette Square, at least 20 minutes before DC's 7p curfew, on night 4 of protests. A source says tear gas was never used -- instead smoke cannisters were deployed, which don't have an uncomfortable irritant in them. And, the source says Park Police didn't know President Trump would be walking across the park several minutes later. Park Police say the reason the crowd was disbursed with smoke cannisters is that at that moment, officers were being pelted with water bottles. Another factor was that protesters had climbed on top of the structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been burned the day before. [...] But, my Park Police source says the agency made its decision to use smoke cannisters at that moment because of what was being thrown at officers, not because President Trump planned to make an unannounced walk to the church. Park Police will be releasing a statement later today. We will keep asking questions. In theory it's possible another agency used tear gas, in addition to Park Police using smoke cannisters, but my source was on the scene, got a dose of smoke, but didn't feel the irritants of tear gas. Clearly, the phrase "tear gas" has been used widely in the reporting. [...]"​
The police departments lie. The Seattle PD were caught lying on Twitter and the people in the comments showed proof they were lying:
https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/1267675251757821952?s=19

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Because one PD may have lied, therefore all PDs lie? Not following the logic.
They are acting like an organized gang across the country, trying to protect themselves when it is almost always the police escalating it into violence at all the protests. All the footage is out there.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
They are acting like an organized gang across the country, trying to protect themselves when it is almost always the police escalating it into violence at all the protests. All the footage is out there.
So, nothing to back up your claim with regards to the Park Police.
So far, what we have is inconclusive evidence on both sides and a major logical fallacy supplied by you. This is the same logic that has brought on the riots and looting now terrorizing America: some white people are racists, some cops may be racists as well, therefore, every time a black man is hurt or killed by cops, it's because of racism.

Taking it in a bit of a different direction: there were a number of antisemitic attacks on Jews by black people this past year. Therefore, all black people are antisemites. o_O See any problem with the argument?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So, nothing to back up your claim with regards to the Park Police.
So far, what we have is inconclusive evidence on both sides and a major logical fallacy supplied by you. This is the same logic that has brought on the riots and looting now terrorizing America: some white people are racists, some cops may be racists as well, therefore, every time a black man is hurt or killed by cops, it's because of racism.

Taking it in a bit of a different direction: there were a number of antisemitic attacks on Jews by black people this past year. Therefore, all black people are antisemites. o_O See any problem with the argument?
You're not too familiar with the history of policing in America or African-American history, are you?

I've seen the videos of what happened. Video is louder than words.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You're not too familiar with the history of policing in America or African-American history, are you?
I have some familiarity.
I've seen the videos of what happened. Video is louder than words.
Do these videos disprove the statements of Park Police? Do they show what happened before Trump even exited the WH? Were bottles being thrown at the police or not?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Many of Trump's actions are criticism-worthy.
But pandering in front of some icon is par for the politician's course.
More cringe-tastic was the semi-violent clearing of the path for him.
One led to the other so to me they're all part of one act. But I do agree that the attack on peaceful protesters was worse.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only "semi-violent"? It's just violent. Even in war, tear gas is banned. They're using military helicopters to hover low above protesters, clipping trees and almost making them fall on them. That's a tactic used in warzones to terrify people.
No one was injured though.
So less violent than police actions that have caused blindness (one newscaster), etc.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm sure the Southern Baptist Convention loves him.
I probably disagree with everything George Will stands for except this.

Everyone who cares about America should love him because he's telling the truth about Trump

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How do you know no one was injured? People have been getting seriously injured all over the place by the cops.
I've read accounts, & saw no mention of injuries.
Certainly, if there had been the angry clergy would'a mentioned it.
Do you claim that it rises to the violence seen elsewhere, with deaths & maimings?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've read accounts, & saw no mention of injuries.
Certainly, if there had been the angry clergy would'a mentioned it.
Do you claim that it rises to the violence seen elsewhere, with deaths & maimings?
It may. Either way, they were torturing and assaulting people.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Torturing?
Links, please.
Tear gas, mace, rubber bullets, concussion grenades, sound cannons, etc. are technically forms of torture as they induce panic, stress, fear and pain. You mean to tell me you don't hear the people screaming in pain and fear each time after the police launch their volleys?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tear gas, mace, rubber bullets, concussion grenades, sound cannons, etc. are technically forms of torture as they induce panic, stress, fear and pain. You mean to tell me you don't hear the people screaming in pain and fear each time after the police launch their volleys?
A novel use of the word, "torture".
That would mean my going to the dentist is torture.