• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you seen God? Do you believe in God?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Thus, the entity which is personal and on which the whole human-race cannot have equal right cannot be addressed as Supreme-God. Am I right?
Just what I expected, a nice reply. Who said Shiva is personal? He is for all, the creator, sustainer and destroyer. He gave us words, dance and music. All humanity has an equal right over him. He is the ever blissful, eternal, and auspicious.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Chinu, Hinduism DIR is blue and you are transgressing the line.

Bhaa Humbug !!!

I come home expecting to read some nice posts and this is how you greet our freinds :(

Chinu ji is our dear dharmic brother and he writes the most excelent posts which I greatly enjoy :)...life here would be very boring without someone interjecting with some thought provoking Questions , ....

what is the matter , are the sholders of Hinduism not broad enough to accept Theists and Atheists or does everything have to be Advaita o_O

so I am not realy mad , well not much ,;)...after all it is nearly christmas
, ...which to hindus translates to ....Good Will To All Jivas :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Chinu, from the Saiva perspective, Siva is the Supreme God. The two are identical. That's from the Saiva perspective, but it's not the only perspective in Hinduism.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Why bother with this "is not supreme" dialog which really amounts to turning away friends? Shiva gave Sages direct knowledge of the ultimate truth. Why throw away what was successful for them? Shiva has been the Teacher not just in this world, but the three worlds. The jagat is an art of those who do not come under the spell of maya, otherwise jagat is a prison. Shiva does not come under the spell, can you claim the same? You cannot see clearly with your current eyes and so you need your imaginations to fill in the blanks. But you are not very creative in your imaginations. Shiva will give imagination life. You live in a web of relationships even if you do not realize it. Some relationships are only a link to the immediate next. While others are a link to 330 million other links simultaneously. Shiva is the later type, when you throw away Shiva you make a terrible mistake in your vision of what is around you. Because even all these relationships are moving, they are not static, with Shiva now you can calculate as they move with little effort. And they are given equilibrium. Shiva is loved for no reason by Sages and Gurus and Mystics going back to your beginnings, why not try to find out?

But if you do not want to try, do not tell Hindus to not try their own path. That isn't teaching actually.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Chinu ji is our dear dharmic brother and he writes the most excelent posts which I greatly enjoy :)...life here would be very boring without someone interjecting with some thought provoking Questions , ...
Same with me here, Ratiben. I enjoy Chinu ji's quips very much. I am sure, Chinu ji knows that. But perhaps that was a little too direct. And I have been a Shaiva at one time.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
so I am not realy mad , well not much ,;)...after all it is nearly christmas
, ...which to hindus translates to ....Good Will To All Jivas :D
For Hindus it is always Christmas time ....Good Will To All Jivas :D

"Sarve bhavantu sukhinah, sarve santu niramayah l .."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hold on ... Allah is all powerful. "لا حول ولاقوة إلا بالله" He has just sent me the message (today 25th December, 2014 of the Christian calendar at 1 pm Indian Standard Time) that all his previous messages should be discarded and people should follow the new message. Who brought the message to me? Why? Who other than al-Rūḥ al-Quddus, Bayt al-Muqaddas, Jibrayil.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji

Married 47 years ago. No second chance. :)

Jai Jai , ....you maried your lovely wife , and you still love her and you will never leave her , this is perfect behavior for a Hindu , ...

So how come once you used to love Shiva , but now you have left him ?
He must be very sad :(

sorry I just had to ask that question , ......
we know that we canot leave our husband or wife , because we are karmicaly tied , and prehaps we have been tied for many lifetimes , ...

so how can we leave our God to whom we are also karmicaly tied ?

I can only think one thing you are not realy an atheist , you are just not a strong theist , your love for Shiva ji is still there it is just sleeping , it is like when a person is married for many years he forgets to appreciate his wife because they have become over familliar , but if someone takes away his wife he will realise how much he misses her and how much he realy loves her .

so we must wake up your love for Shiv ji .....

images

blessings to you and all of your family
wishing you a happy good will to all jivas day

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Chinu ji

"Merry Christmas"
To my dear Aupmanyav, Ratikala, Vinayaka and all of you here
:)

wishing you also every blessing to share with your dear wife and family ,
Happy Christmas , .....

I forgot , ..it should be '' Peace on earth and good will to all jivas''
:)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What's Christmas? May you all enjoy the 21 days of Vinayaka Vitrayam, which concludes tomorrow, and also Tiruvrmbavai, the 10 day celebration for our beloved Nataraja.

To my Christian friends, please do enjoy your celebration.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ratiben, reply to your question:

The essence of witness, the witnessed and witnessing is one
I am surprised then where is the difference in calculation?
(asl-e shahūd-o-shahid-o-mashhūd ek hai
hairān hun phir mushāhida hai kis hisāb mein) - Mirza Ghalib (1797 - 1869)

The unity made Your splendour conspicuous all around
It lifted the veils that manifestations had contrived.
(Wahdat ne har taraf tere jalwe dikhā diye
Parde taiȳunāt ke jo the uthā diye) - Mir Dard (1721-85)

Whether I am the veil of my beloved's pristine face
Or the Beloved myself, hid behind the veil.
(Hūn shāhid-e-tanzīh ke rukhsār ka pardā
Ya khud hi main shāhid hūn ke parde mein chhupa hūa) - Mushafi Ghulam Hamdaani (1751-1854)

The tulips and flowers were the signs of slow steps of splendor
The season of spring was nothing other than this.
(Khirām jalwe ke naqshe qadam the lāl-o-gul
Kuch aur iske siwā mausam-e-bahār na thā) - Abdul Aleem Aasi (1925 - 2002)

Sheikh arrived through Ka'aba, I chose the way through heart
The destination was the same, O Dard, only the paths varied.
(Sheikh ka'abe ho ke pahunchā, hum kanishte dil mein ho,
Dard, manzil ek thi, tuk rāh hi kā pher thā) - Mir Dard (1721-85)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Jai Jai, ..you married your lovely wife, and you still love her and you will never leave her, this is perfect behavior for a Hindu, ...

So how come once you used to love Shiva, but now you have left him? He must be very sad :(

I can only think one thing you are not really an atheist, you are just not a strong theist, your love for Shiva ji is still there it is just sleeping, it is like when a person is married for ages
Well, we took the vows to remain together and share each others' sorrows and pleasures all our lives before relatives and friends. How can I renegade on that? I am not alone, most Hindus do that.

Ratiben, what happened is that by chanting Shiva, Shiva, I became Shiva. And as well Rama and Krishna too.