• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you read the whole Bible?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I have read the Bible through from cover to cover, once per year since 1983, bar two years when I read devotions instead. I am still learning something new about the Bible every time I read it and it was the years that I didn’t read the Bible through where I went backwards spiritually. My advice is that you don’t rush through it, but take it in as you read, but at the same time be disciplined to a schedule. It is also good for prayer, where you can use God’s word to hold God to His promises. One other thing I have found, is that from time to time, you get people who say something about God, and the penny drops that something is wrong with what they have said. You know that because you have read the Bible through and you will know that when something isn’t right. Reading the Bible through will help guard you against the cults. Certainty for eternity.
Except for Bible cults, but yeah.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think the whole thing is worth reading? We're talking about a pretty substantial investment of time.
If you're an atheist who comes on fora to debate Abrahamics, then yes; it's a very worthwhile investment to read the literature otherwise you haven't really a leg to stand on.

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
Its been 7 yrs since I bought the bible I wanted so much to read b/c of the commentary it has, apperantly only on the online version is it side by side the verses....I didn't take it with me when I moved since it's so huge and I hated having to read the commentary afterwards instead of with the verses. I'm still reading, I'm on Machabees. I find it very enjoyable with the comments, but as with every book I've encountered when it gets dull reading happens in slow motion. Like reading the generation's names (I heard there is significance in them but I don't know Hebrew so yeah), reading of war.....but at least you learn something like huh thats a lot of relatives and huh the Spartans were of the seed of Abraham. "Interestering." Of course there are chapters when you get so caught up in it you're like awww it's over. Alot is hard to read and stomach because you do need to study it apart from itself....if you don't you will hate god, because you will read things and think soooo this is how He, a loving sacrificial lamb, treats His creations....and it's not....but if you continue to seek you will find. I bought it as a teen and I could hardly open it, as I had to study apart from it first to be able to read it without almost throwing it out the window....of course it was too pricey to even do that to it. It's not good to force it upon youself, either you're ready for it or you need to learn a couple things beforehand.

Last edited: