• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you just bought a new expensive smart phone?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yep, that is what they tell us....
It's what scientists have been taking us since Marie Currie and the dawn of the nuclear age. Electromagnetic waves have to be of a certain frequency or higher or they cannot break atomic bones that can be a health hazard. We've known before wifi and cellphones and since the dawn of computers.

HonestJoe

It will be obsolete if you want to access 5G though.
That isn’t what obsolete means. Existing 4G devices will continue to work exactly as they current do for the foreseeable future. Heck, even the 3G network is still running for the time being.

It's the constant slowing down of the old technology that prompts people to want faster access. Staying with 4G will become a slow, buffeting pain compared to the new technology. Isn't this why people buy new phones in the first place?
Nothing is being slowed down. Obviously a major driver of improved technology is to sell new and improved products but that isn’t anything special or unique to 5G. Once upon a time, someone will have been convinced to replace their old fashioned pointy-rock with the all new pointy-rock-on-a-stick! :cool:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
That isn’t what obsolete means. Existing 4G devices will continue to work exactly as they current do for the foreseeable future. Heck, even the 3G network is still running for the time being.

Who wants to stay with 3G when they could access 4G on the same phone? Old people? Technophobes?

Where I live, a National Broadband Network was rolled out promising fast internet to every home. It was doomed from day 1.

From the time it was first announced, the technology became "old".....it has never delivered on its promises and a few people made lots of money but the rest of us don't get what we continue to pay for......the lags and buffering are reminiscient when we were on dial-up in some areas.

Nothing is being slowed down. Obviously a major driver of improved technology is to sell new and improved products but that isn’t anything special or unique to 5G. Once upon a time, someone will have been convinced to replace their old fashioned pointy-rock with the all new pointy-rock-on-a-stick! :cool:

You don't think that providers are encouraged to slow things down to prompt an obvious response? When profits are to be made, there are no good guys. Money speaks all languages. Corruption doesn't have a nationality.

5G is so new....and I don't believe that we are told the half of it. The fact that this technology will be installed directly outside of people's homes with no way to object on any grounds, when no long term studies have ever been done on its impact on us......suggests something sinister to me......I guess we will just have to wait and see, won't we?

Where huge sums of money are concerned.....I don't trust big business, married to corrupt politics, backed up by science running away with its own clever inventions. Humans have a habit of creating monsters that can't be destroyed. AI technology is presenting dangers that curl your hair. Do you really trust them? Do you know what's coming?

HonestJoe

@Deeje You're clearly determined to be negative regardless and are leaping around randomly from topic to topic so I'm going to leave to it. :(

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@Deeje You're clearly determined to be negative regardless and are leaping around randomly from topic to topic so I'm going to leave to it. :(

Its not me being negative....I'm simply being realistic. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the monsters go away.....we will all be victims of this technology, whether we like it or not.