• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has pork started to chew cud ???

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Could you tell me why there are no reports all over the world of "holy crap! Our pigs ran off cliffs for no reason!"? :areyoucra
Because, my dear Foxy-Loxy, the reports of the sky falling overshadow the reports of pigs falling...:rolleyes:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Because, my dear Foxy-Loxy, the reports of the sky falling overshadow the reports of pigs falling...:rolleyes:
Could you dig up some reports from, say, China on the matter? They have a rather extensive written history. Or anywhere else, really.

sojourner

Could you dig up some reports from, say, China on the matter? They have a rather extensive written history. Or anywhere else, really.

Well...there was the Great Mu-Shu Pork Panic that occurred in the 7th Year of the Rat...:sarcastic

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Well...there was the Great Mu-Shu Pork Panic that occurred in the 7th Year of the Rat...:sarcastic
I thought there weren't any reports of that because the sky was falling? Could you get some sources for either of those being recorded around 20-30 AD in any civilization outside the Middle East?

sojourner

I thought there weren't any reports of that because the sky was falling? Could you get some sources for either of those being recorded around 20-30 AD in any civilization outside the Middle East?
As with most panics, the facts were highly distorted, and attributable to either the random sighting of a weather balloon, the presence of swamp-gas, or mass hallucination. In any case, the whole thing was investigated by Project Blue Boar and written off as a UFO (Undigestible Frying Object).

sojourner

Ah...I thought Fin-el Castro might come into it somewhere.
Those darn Commies! They really fry my bacon, I tell ya whut!
The Red Scare, like Red Herrings has led to its own sessions of Congressional herrings which, ultimately, turned up nothing but...a red herring. You see, Red herrings, being communist, have tried to undermine the pork industry for years, which would ultimately lead to the economic demise of such politically-important states as Nebraska and Kansas, causing the American farmer to turn to Fin-land for monetary aid. Fin-land, being so close to Russia (which used to be communist) causes Congress great concern. They don't want the scales to be tipped in favor of former Eastern-bloc countries having its finger in American pork-barrel economics.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
As with most panics, the facts were highly distorted, and attributable to either the random sighting of a weather balloon, the presence of swamp-gas, or mass hallucination. In any case, the whole thing was investigated by Project Blue Boar and written off as a UFO (Undigestible Frying Object).
I really need to tune up my sarcasm meter. :bonk:

Phil Lawton

Those darn Commies! They really fry my bacon, I tell ya whut!
The Red Scare, like Red Herrings has led to its own sessions of Congressional herrings which, ultimately, turned up nothing but...a red herring. You see, Red herrings, being communist, have tried to undermine the pork industry for years, which would ultimately lead to the economic demise of such politically-important states as Nebraska and Kansas, causing the American farmer to turn to Fin-land for monetary aid. Fin-land, being so close to Russia (which used to be communist) causes Congress great concern. They don't want the scales to be tipped in favor of former Eastern-bloc countries having its finger in American pork-barrel economics.

(takes spectacles off and thoughtfully chews one earpiece...think Bertrand Russell after a piano/1st floor window/long fall/passing pedestrian-style accident) Yes, yes, I see and concur. Someone had been fingering American pork for many years until Congress got wind of it during the West Coast's own 'Winter Of Discontent', a period of generally strained industrial relations (although a compromise was reached on the type of sieve to be used) during July to September, 1985.

It's akin to the great Milwaukee Bagel Scandal of 1967. Halliard McGurkin, one-time game show host-turned left-wing commentator and stunt-trichologist had been implicated in the whole sorry mess from the very start. It's well known that the practice of making bagels in the traditional Amish way (using bull semen instead of water and cornflour mix) had left a nasty taste in the mouth of the whole industry. Hoping to secure votes in the senate and a coveted seat on the popular TV panel game "What's My Lobotomy?", Vice-president Hubert Humphrey made it his personal mission that every man, woman and child in the poverty-stricken heartlands was entitled to one corn-mash based bagel and/or hash brown and allotted at least one free polo lesson every five years.

Sensing a changing mood in the nation regarding the need for basic education, housing and non-stick underwear (and fearing a backlash from the electorate following his public faux pas, where, during an official visit to the Long island Orphan Re-Cycling Plant, he ordered the carpet-bombing of Minnesota "for a bit of a laugh"), President Johnson publicly distanced himself from Humphrey, although, as the owner of one of the first known pair of rollerblades, Humphrey would often close the gap between himself and Johnson at an alarming rate of knots, screaming the lyrics to "Hoochie Coochie Mama" in French and through a bullhorn as he approached.

This created a rift between the two men which resulted in them not speaking for ten years after they had both left office - an awkward time for them, as they both shared the same pedicurist and panda-skinning coach. In his autobiography, published in 1975, Johnson would only refer to Humphreys as "Ol' Ma Humphrey's Feeb" and then only sparingly (three times in what was a two thousand page tome).

I hope this has cleared things up for you, Soj.

benign6

Those are both from the old testiment and therefore when jesus died he fullfilled the old laws makeing them void. That is why women are not separated from the rest of mankind when they are on their periods.
It's not about NT or OT. It's about the REASON God gave for prohibition of pork
& the REASON was that pig don't chew cud.
& this reason will remain valid unless pigs start to chew cud.

Now following is NOT from OT. So u gotta believe in it.

Jesus himself declared pigs as devils possessed.
MK 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them
MK 5:13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea.

It means Pigs r favourite animal of DEVILs so be carefull :)

======================================

If OT is NOT applicable to u any more then why don't u get rid of it from bible.???

Take out OT & very little will be left in bible.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Jesus himself declared pigs as devils possessed.
MK 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them
MK 5:13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea.

It means Pigs r favourite animal of DEVILs so be carefull :)

Wait... you're serious?

I think it's funny that you can use the same argument that sojourner made as a joke and use it to come to an opposite conclusion in apparent seriousness.