• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever used a pheromone plug in to stop a cat spraying ?

feliway.jpg

Has anyone used this ? Do they work ?

Just as that ''lovely' doggie smell had left the house, my cat has taking to 'marking' everything in her reach in defense of the realm, ( I inheirited 2 cats from my sister)

My cat, the sprayer, is 14 , female and spayed, anyone has any advice other than cat murder help please, the smell is getting unbearable.

they work on some cats, not all of them are eqeuly affected by it

Thank you, my guess is I am pretty much screwed :yes: my cat is not of the calm down variety, more the congenitally dumb and highly strung, and very hydrated variety.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
((((HUGS))))

Monta..

I have never heard of it but anything is worth a try.I have 3 cats..2 of them(havent actually caught the other one so we assume she's not doing it) the 17 year old and one of the 5 year olds pee ALL over the house every day and the old one also takes a dump everywhere..And they too are all females and all spayed.

The young one actually will jump on things like my sons back pack and squat and pee on it right in front of you.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
feliway.jpg

Has anyone used this ? Do they work ?

Just as that ''lovely' doggie smell had left the house, my cat has taking to 'marking' everything in her reach in defense of the realm, ( I inheirited 2 cats from my sister)

My cat, the sprayer, is 14 , female and spayed, anyone has any advice other than cat murder help please, the smell is getting unbearable.

Well, first of all, you should probably take the cat to see a vet to rule out something like a UTI.

You really haven't provided enough information here to help. You said you "inherited" the cats from your sister? Are these in addition to your own cat?

Here are some helpful websites, though...

Solving Litter Box Problems | The Humane Society of the United States

CatStuff: Why has my cat stopped using the litter box???

Preventing Litter Box Problems | The Humane Society of the United States

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I feel your pain. Yes, you should rule out urinary tract infection first.

Second is what my vet recommended: Set up a second or even third litterbox.
Especially with multiple cats. Perhaps she doesn't like the current box? Or sharing?
Park the extra box(s) near where she's spraying, if it's convenient, worked for me.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Yes, you should rule out urinary tract infection first.

Second is what my vet recommended: Set up a second or even third litterbox.
Especially with multiple cats. Perhaps she doesn't like the current box? Or sharing?
Park the extra box(s) near where she's spraying, if it's convenient, worked for me.

Thanks, I did bring her to the vet, he suggested the plug in ( which he coincidently sells ) She doesn't share a litter tray with the other cats, but I guess it is possible the other cats are sneakily using hers as they are siblings and are happy to share theirs.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I just dont understand (I read the links provided)..If they are supposed to have a "preferred location" but the cat will go anywhere..in a closet..or right out in the open right in front of you.

And the preferred surface..When you have a cat that will go on the carpet or on top of a shelf thats covered with childrens action figures.(hard plastic toys)

Anyway Im going to try a few things suggested for my problem.Including my old cat I know she always used the litter box and I think her arthritis got so bad its just too much work to walk all the way to the laundry room and then have to step into the box.Im going to put one right next to her kitty bed and see if she will use it.I took her to the vet and we ruled out giving her prescription arthritis medicine because the side affects at her age were not worth the risk for the little relief she would get.

With the young one since I know she did go a lot in one closet in our house..Im goint to put a box in there for her and show it to her and keep the door wedged open and see if she is interested.

Its a pain in the rear..But it sounds a lot better than finding urine everywhere every day.

I am wondering about the "startle" thing they were talking about..Believe it or not they all shared a box..But its in the laundry room..and our washer got old and when it would go on the spin cycle it sounded like a rocket ship taking off..Im serious guest would be here across the house and say what in the world is that noise.I would joke and say we are counting down for take off.

Also I noticed for my younger one the problem seemed to get worse when my dog Blue died.They were cuddle buddies.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:
I just dont understand (I read the links provided)..If they are supposed to have a "preferred location" but the cat will go anywhere..in a closet..or right out in the open right in front of you.

And the preferred surface..When you have a cat that will go on the carpet or on top or a shelf thats covered with childrens action figures.(hard plastic toys)

Anyway Im going to try a few things suggested for my problem.Including my old cat I know she always used the litter box and I think her arthritis got so bad its just too much work to walk all the way to the laundry room and then have to step into the box.Im going to put one right next to her kitty bed and see if she will use it.I took her to the vet and we ruled out giving her prescription arthritis medicine because the side affects at her age were not worth the risk for the little relief she would get.

With the young one since I know she did go a lot in one closet in our house..Im goint to put a box in there for her and show it to her and keep the door wedged open and see if she is interested.

Its a pain in the rear..But it sounds a lot better than finding urine everywhere every day.

I am wondering about the "startle" thing they were talking about..Believe it or not they all shared a box..But its in the laundry room..and our washer got old and when it would go on the spin cycle it sounded like a rocket ship taking off..Im serious guest would be here across the house and say what in the world is that noise.I would joke and say we are counting down for take off.

Also I noticed for my younger one the problem seemed to get worse when my dog Blue died.They were cuddle buddies.

Love

Dallas

Yep she is going everywhere, and in front of me, it is hard not to yell at her but I know it is insecurity. I never should have taken my sisters cats, and I think at the back of my mind I know I have to get rid of them. My cat is quite clean and doesn't go in the house (usually) but her cats have problems with their eyesight and have to stay indoors, which is something I am not used to (having cats peeing and pooping in the house) this is likely what is causing the problem, my dog 2 dogs and other cat died last year and while this cat didn't seem to be that friendly with them she did miss my labrador terribly when she died.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yep she is going everywhere, and in front of me, it is hard not to yell at her but I know it is insecurity. I never should have taken my sisters cats, and I think at the back of my mind I know I have to get rid of them. My cat is quite clean and doesn't go in the house (usually) but her cats have problems with their eyesight and have to stay indoors, which is something I am not used to (having cats peeing and pooping in the house) this is likely what is causing the problem, my dog 2 dogs and other cat died last year and while this cat didn't seem to be that friendly with them she did miss my labrador terribly when she died.

:sad4:

Cats and dogs are "natural enemies"..But my cat Apple (the young problem girl) and my dog Blue a 140lb male Rottweiller slept together..every day..She would curl up between his front paws and he would lick her head.The hair on her head actually changed color..Like a spray in blond dye..she is gray ..but the top of her head was a weird blonde..I think his saliva and the sun gave her the "sun touched" look..LOL!

He died six months ago and things have gotten worse..

Ironically ..thanks to you focussing on this Monta..My older one Mama with the arthrtitis was just up and "about" and I carried her to the litter box and put her in it and she urinated immediately.It was a little bit "scary" for her I think because picking her up is not her favorite thing.And I noticed even though she cooperated the depth of the litter in the box was difficult for her..She layed down to urinate..I praised her.And I had to remove her from the box.I think she WANTS to go in a box.She just needs help..physically.

Now Apple on the other hand..LOL!! Whats HER excuse...I put a litter box in the closet this morning with my (jack *** husband...thats another story LOL!)I showed it to her and the door is open so we will see.

And "whiny baby " Furry the "pain in the arse" goes faithfully still in the box in the laundry room.She is Apple's sister..Same litter too.

THE AMAZING CATS!

I think your problem is different.You brought in 2 "strange cats".Your cat is ****** off!(and ******* ON stuff)..Maybe that pheremone thing woudl work for you?

Love

Dallas

Thanks Dallas.

I am thinking I might put the baby gate up on the top floor and keep the other cats downstairs. My cat doesn't pee in my bedroom (yet) so maybe if she had her own floor she would stop spraying, or more likely she will spray on the lower floors only :sad:

She is much older than the other two, and one of them is trying to assert dominance, maybe when it is sorted things will settle down. I just feel awful for my cat because she is old and had a horrible start in life and is obviously miserable.
jessicat.jpg

This is my cat, btw. She doesn't look like a dumb *** in this pic, but she is, I still love her though.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Monta, I've heard this Vet on the radio a few times with a book about cats and dogs. He was talking about things like you're talking about here. I've been racking my brain to think of the name but I can't.
I've heard this guy at least twice on the radio. I imagine if you asked in Waterstones they'd know the book. It's about cats and dogs, he was on Matt Cooper and Mooney on Radio 1. Sounded like he's cat mad.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Thanks, I did bring her to the vet, he suggested the plug in ( which he coincidently sells ) She doesn't share a litter tray with the other cats, but I guess it is possible the other cats are sneakily using hers as they are siblings and are happy to share theirs.

Well, more litter pans will give her a choice. Now mine goes in a new place I'd never thought would be good, but he does. I'd think the plugins are only effective if there's a outlet right at the location where the spraying takes place. Iffy, if you ask me. There is an aerosol can product I used to use called 'NO' or something like that. Foul smelling stuff. It keeps them away, but you too. Hard to find, but maybe at the pet stores.

EDIT: Like this stuff, I guess:

http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/...&cm_mmc_o=2mHlCjCVdKCjCVdK2tzEEwklCjCWR2RJVRW

Last edited:
My cats tests came back , positive for everything. :biglaugh: She has hypothryoidism, a heart murmur, the fids virus and is a carrier for feline enteritis, the vet doesn't know if this has anything to do with the peeing. But her outlook is ok except for the murmur, I think this is probably to do with her ellevated thyroid function, so I'm not too worried.

This plug in is working a treat for the other two cats they are relaxed and happy, my cat is still ******* everywhere and smells of **** now.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My cats tests came back , positive for everything. :biglaugh: She has hypothryoidism, a heart murmur, the fids virus and is a carrier for feline enteritis, the vet doesn't know if this has anything to do with the peeing. But her outlook is ok except for the murmur, I think this is probably to do with her ellevated thyroid function, so I'm not too worried.

This plug in is working a treat for the other two cats they are relaxed and happy, my cat is still ******* everywhere and smells of **** now.

Oh my gosh the poor baby! She sounds messed up!

But at least the other two cats are getting seemimgnly high off the plug in.

Your making me want to try some too!

My younger cat Apple didnt go for the second litter box in the closet she pees in a lot.And she peed in my husbands shoe twice this week.(not on it..IN IT). :rolleyes:

Love

Dallas

The cat is fine, my other cat had most of the same things, it is fairly endemic in stray cats here in Ireland, she is 14 or 15 , but I am convinced she is immortal, she has had so many near death experiences and walked away unscathed from so many accidents, I am sure she can't be killed.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The cat is fine, my other cat had most of the same things, it is fairly endemic in stray cats here in Ireland, she is 14 or 15 , but I am convinced she is immortal, she has had so many near death experiences and walked away unscathed from so many accidents, I am sure she can't be killed.
\

LOL!!! YOur tooo funny..What is she a "vampire cat"?

No seriously I have one of those too.She is 17..She just wont die.(she was a stray I saved out of my neighborhood)..She is smart though ..once I took her in (and she kept havign litters) I got her fixed and bascially she never went outside again after that.I killed her "sex life".

I love her! (even though she keeps ******* all over AND dumping)..She is "Mama" kitty!

Love

Dallas

Louise Houde

RX attraction Cologne really works and i say that because i tried using 2 different products at the same time...that were the best sellers and RX attraction Cologne got more responses and compliments then the other. I usually never re-order for awhile but this time i wish i had ordered 2 or 3 bottles more because of all the positive statements i received. As far as getting any action, undoubtedly that would happen anyway, but the fact that the opposite sex response to you so well with this cologne is really amazing and yes it works.