• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever saved your life?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Has anyone ever saved your life? I laid down on the traintracks at night and the train conductor stopped the train. That was a life-saver.

Also, the person that called 911 while I was unconscious from a jump off a building saved my life. When I OD'd on methadone and stopped breathing, someone called an ambulance in time to put me on oxygen so that person and the paramedic may have saved a life.

What are some close calls you have had?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
My friend Arya from Iran saved mine unintentionally.I stood on a chair bout to hang myself and stopped to think about what I was doing. I didn't do it because I couldn't cause him the pain my death would cause.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Has anyone ever saved your life? I laid down on the traintracks at night and the train conductor stopped the train. That was a life-saver.

Also, the person that called 911 while I was unconscious from a jump off a building saved my life. When I OD'd on methadone and stopped breathing, someone called an ambulance in time to put me on oxygen so that person and the paramedic may have saved a life.

My mother saved my life. If she wasn't stubborn with all my hundred doctors I visited during my childhood and push to get surgery, I wouldn't be here. Probably have severe mental and intellectual disability due to seizures "eating at" my brain. I was at risk of having seizures were I wouldn't wake up and could die from.

My mother can be many other things :p but she's always a savior in my books.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The doctor who delivered me was the first one. Then some random guy saved me from drowning when I was a kid. And perhaps a few LARP friends who administered first aid and called an ambulance when I blacked out and had a seizure from my blood sugar dropping too low.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Wow, I can definitely say I haven't had as many close calls with death as you've had. Based on what you've reported here, I hope you don't mind me writing that repeated suicide attempts could have been the reason for your multiple near death experiences and cumulative amount of rescues by all your life-savers.

The closest I ever came to getting rescued from death is when I was a 5-year-old child, who'd curiously attempted to consume a nearly whole bottle of Valium pills; fortunately, my older brother caught me in the act and stopped me before I could have possibly taken a lethal overdose.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For many of us our parents probably saved our lives.

My mom probably saved mine. One winter after a heavy snowstorm my brothers were sliding down a snowbank to a frozen creek on our farm. I went to join them and they said, "Make your own slide". So I went downstream about ten feet and slid from the top of the drift to the creek. What a difference ten feet can make. Where I hit it was not ice. It was a very dense slush. I sunk to the crotch and my legs were immediately immobilized. My brothers could not put me out so they got my mom. She could not pull me out either so she dug me out. I was probably well on my way to hypothermia by the time I was free.

Shad

Veteran Member
The doctor when I was a newborn. I can not take the shots given to children due to allergic reactions but obviously no one knew that until after the first shot was administered. The other time was my cancer doctor treating my cancer.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
For many of us our parents probably saved our lives.

My mom probably saved mine. One winter after a heavy snowstorm my brothers were sliding down a snowbank to a frozen creek on our farm. I went to join them and they said, "Make your own slide". So I went downstream about ten feet and slid from the top of the drift to the creek. What a difference ten feet can make. Where I hit it was not ice. It was a very dense slush. I sunk to the crotch and my legs were immediately immobilized. My brothers could not put me out so they got my mom. She could not pull me out either so she dug me out. I was probably well on my way to hypothermia by the time I was free.

You were lucky to have had a mother who saved your life rather than one who was drunk and absent-minded enough to have left an open and nearly full bottle of Valium unattended on the kitchen counter where her 5-year-old son could have consumed a lethal overdose amount of those pills.

Last edited:

Jumi

Parents probably multiple times that I have mostly no memory of since I was small and a doctor once. You could also say some people indirectly saved my life while I was clinically depressed, before I cured myself.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Has anyone ever saved your life?

A couple of times.

Yes, i was in a bad place and considering suicide when a friend put on his superman cloak and removed the cause.

On the balcony of basilica san marco in venice i got dizzy and began to fall over the parapet, a stranger grabbed my hand and pulled be upright.

And not me but my kids. I was pushing them along in their pushchair, a couple of yobs threw me to the ground and they launched the pushchair out into the road. A passer by reached out to pull the trolly back just before being hit by a wildly breaking and skidding bus.