• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone encountered a serial socker on these forums?

Euronymous

SSilence
Has anyone ever encountered a person on these forums who got banned and decided to make a ton of sock accounts afterwards?

6881350299.JPG

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anyone ever encountered a person on these forums who got banned and decided to make a ton of sock accounts afterwards?

6881350299.JPG

I can't go into details lest I break Rule 2, but a few years ago, @Euronymous, we had a particular member/troll who made hundreds of sock-puppet accounts. I'm not talking figuratively; he had hundreds of banned accounts here. He would get banned and either wait a few weeks to make another account or come back shortly after. It was interesting, to say the least, to think of how much time he spent on creating so many accounts.

Jumi

Oh yes. Last time it was a group of accounts that all presented themselves as Thai Muslims under or around 20 years of age making almost identical questions.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not here, but at another site there. There is a site that is not well moderated at all that I visit occasionally. One poster there loves to "stir the pot". So even though he has not been banned, he still makes sock puppets because people tend to ignore his regular account. The man has a serious need for others to pay attention to him. Once his socks are identified the sock persona complains a little bit, denies being a sock, accuses others of not wanting to address his posts and that they are using the discovered sockage as an excuse and then that persona disappears. Once a sock of his is gone we know it is only going to be a few more days before another one would show up.

It tends to make one suspicious of new accounts for a while when that happens.