• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone associated with JW's here? If so how was it?

Was your expirence bennificial?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No..

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Don't know these people..

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Who said there was no fun.....you don't need contrived pagan holidays with forced gift giving to have fun....seriously. :facepalm:
You people get fleeced on a regular basis by the commercial system and wonder why you're broke and not happy.

The kids at school used to envy my son who got gifts all year round just because we wanted to give them to him. He never had to wait for a birthday or Christmas. "Sad people"? You've got to be kidding! :rolleyes:

We have parties too, for no particular reason...we don't need an excuse.....and we don't need to get drunk to enjoy ourselves.
You could find what you call fun even if you were in prison.

I am adopted, father is neo nazi mother was abused by him.
I was adopted at 2 to a JW couple.
Dad left the organization and us when I was 9. (Didn't hear from him for 5 years)
Mom told me horrible stories about people who leave the group probably to scare me from leaving. She'd say I'd become a prostitute or "women trafficking". And do terrible drugs and stuff.
She said some people went up north to go door to door and since they weren't allowed guns one of the girls was going to the washroom and a bear pulled her off by her feet and ate her feet up, the others could only through rocks. She tells me terrible stories like this all the time! She wants to Move to the Dominican Republic to live and go door to door..
So 16 years I spent as a JW (now 20) and I still feel disturbed. 3 of my friends also left the congregation.. They didn't turn out so well though, stripper, prostitute, and the others got a pimp..
I know of 4 ex JW's who committed suicide. And 1 JW I know died from the no blood transfusions.. My mom actually had a little white card with a blood drop on it that said "No Blood" in case she got in a accident. My experience with the elders handling sex abuse is also rediculious.. Not 1 authority was told.. Although I guess I should have done more then telling an old elder at the age of 5..

Charles Taze Russell - Wikipedia I left once I did some research on Charles (Founder) and found out who he really is.. Look at his marriage.. Look at his grave.. (Pyramid..) The "Allegations of immoral conduct" The miracle wheat. And of course read the use of Masonic symbolism..

I love my mom and my family. They are just so out of this world and it's not mentally healthy.. Atleast that's what my psychiatrist said..

The bear story is ... hogwash.
Bears attack humans mainly when they feel threatened.
And suggesting one would eat the feet?

Sammy420

The bear story is ... hogwash.
Bears attack humans mainly when they feel threatened.
And suggesting one would eat the feet?

She was in the outhouse apparently and the bear broke open the door, grabbed her by her feet and ate her feet first.. Yea sick.. Moms friend said she went to grief counciling after seeing this..

neologist

I love my mom and my family. They are just so out of this world and it's not mentally healthy.. Atleast that's what my psychiatrist said..
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Jehovah's Witnesses are no more or less moral than any other folks. We struggle with the same mental and physical issues as our neighbors. The main thing that separates us from others is our adherence to the scriptures.

But I thought the opinion of your psychiatrist to be quite telling, as I majored in psychology. There are few professions whose members have more mental health issues than that of psychiatry. Not a good source of theocratic opinion, IMHO.

neologist

She was in the outhouse apparently and the bear broke open the door, grabbed her by her feet and ate her feet first.. Yea sick.. Moms friend said she went to grief counciling after seeing this..
Interesting.
But it is not true that JWs cannot own guns.

If you had associated with Jehovah's Witnesses, as you say, and had paid attention, you would know this.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Jehovah's Witnesses are no more or less moral than any other folks. We struggle with the same mental and physical issues as our neighbors. The main thing that separates us from others is our adherence to the scriptures.
Please know the real truth is that Jehovah's Witnesses adhere to their opinion of the scriptures.

Sammy420

Interesting.

If you had associated with Jehovah's Witnesses, as you say, and had paid attention, you would know this.

Although I did not say they aren't allowed guns.. Simply that they weren't allowed guns at the camps they were staying at.. My uncle has a riffle, he's an elder, also has serve P.T.S.D and actually puts his foot in the door if someone closes it on him. These people get so wrapped in their own belief/world they become spiteful and intense. Such as yourself "you would have known this". And me being raised a "cultist" or "JW" I'm a realist.

Sammy420

Interesting.

How can you have education in Psychiatry and BE A JW? In psychiatry you learn the mental dangers of cults and organizations..

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
They don't stick around long when I start preaching to them. I find that sort of ironic.
That's because we are not there to preach to the converted. If you have a belief that you have settled on in your heart and you are confident that it is the truth....then we have nothing to teach you. :)

OTOH if you are spiritually lost and want some answers to the tough questions, we are happy to provide you with a free home Bible study so that you can check out the answers for yourself in your own Bible.

Just as Jesus was sent to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel"...we too are in search of "lost sheep". We guide them to the Fine Shepherd and God's spirit does the rest.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That's because we are not there to preach to the converted. If you have a belief that you have settled on in your heart and you are confident that it is the truth....then we have nothing to teach you. :)

OTOH if you are spiritually lost and want some answers to the tough questions, we are happy to provide you with a free home Bible study so that you can check out the answers for yourself in your own Bible.

Just as Jesus was sent to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel"...we too are in search of "lost sheep". We guide them to the Fine Shepherd and God's spirit does the rest.
See, that all is annoying...

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why...its what Jesus did...was he annoying? I guess he was to those who didn't want to listen to him....
JW's should tone it down some since they're not the same caliber as Jesus and the apostles, whom he sent out into the world to preach the gospel. telling them to:

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. Matt 10:8

Maybe say, we offer to teach the bible in your home for free, but we might be wrong about a whole lot of things, Something like that wouldn't be annoying.

Sammy420

You think people are "spiritually lost" without a "free bible study" JW's bibles are different from anyone else's bible, the point is is that witnesses are not excepting to others. They are judgmental to other beliefs and they will NOT listen to anybody else besides they're worshipped elders.. Who they get counsel from "the goverbody" (5-7 men) who they think God is leading them.
There's 2 main magazines "Watchtower" and "Awake" watchtower is about God and the stuff they mix up the bible with (like the girl looking back at her burning city and turns to a pillar salt.. Real story she turns to stone. In Greek mythology if you stare into methuselahs eyes you turn to a pillar of salt also..) the awake although, is your ticket to awaken from the cult, more science, nature, almost worldly based?...
Good to think about who your serving your entire day too, if anyone..

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
JW's should tone it down some since they're not the same caliber as Jesus and the apostles, whom he sent out into the world to preach the gospel. telling them to:

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. Matt 10:8

It was all well and good for Jesus to tell his apostles to do those things because they had been gifted by the holy spirit to heal the sick and raise the dead and expel demons, in the name of Jesus......we however, have no such power because this is not the apostolic era and the gifts were to cease. A unity of "faith, hope and love" now identify true Christians.

The prophesy in Matthew 24 said that the 'preaching of the good news of the kingdom' was to feature at this time because a period of great distress is looming for mankind. It was to serve as a "witness to all the nations" before God brings about their destruction. (Daniel 2:44) It will be a 'tribulation' greater than anything that the world has ever seen. It will take great faith and a close relationship with God to survive it, according to the scriptures. This is no time to be 'wishy-washy'.

Jesus said...."this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

" for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.  In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."

"But the one who has endured to the end will be saved" (Matthew 24:13, 14, 21) :(

Maybe say, we offer to teach the bible in your home for free, but we might be wrong about a whole lot of things, Something like that wouldn't be annoying.

LOL...now that is really funny....why would I have the audacity to come to your door to teach you something I might be wrong about? :p

Faith is about having the courage of your convictions. Its about knowing what you believe and why you believe it. I was raised in the Anglican church and I know what it feels like to say "I dunno" about so many issues. I never had answers back then, but now I do. I have been able to answer many questions from the Bible, since I really studied it. JW's set me on a long and amazing journey through the Bible, showing me what it contains and what it doesn't. Eliminating what doesn't belong made everything so simple. Confusion reigns in Christendom because there are so many conflicting beliefs. The Bible does not conflict with itself, but Christendom's beliefs conflict with the Bible. The confusion is about interpretation, not the Bible itself.
Its message is relatively simple. :)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You think people are "spiritually lost" without a "free bible study" JW's bibles are different from anyone else's bible, the point is is that witnesses are not excepting to others. They are judgmental to other beliefs and they will NOT listen to anybody else besides they're worshipped elders.. Who they get counsel from "the goverbody" (5-7 men) who they think God is leading them.
There's 2 main magazines "Watchtower" and "Awake" watchtower is about God and the stuff they mix up the bible with (like the girl looking back at her burning city and turns to a pillar salt.. Real story she turns to stone. In Greek mythology if you stare into methuselahs eyes you turn to a pillar of salt also..) the awake although, is your ticket to awaken from the cult, more science, nature, almost worldly based?...
Good to think about who your serving your entire day too, if anyone..

All this demonstrates is how lost some people can get, and then how easy it is to blame others for the way their life turned out.

None of what is stated is even close to the truth....but is a completely distorted version from a muddled mind.

It is very good to think about who we are serving....the Shepherd knows who belongs to him.....and they are not label wearers.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It was all well and good for Jesus to tell his apostles to do those things because they had been gIifted by the holy spirit to heal the sick and raise the dead and expel demons, in the name of Jesus......we however, have no such power because this is not the apostolic era and the gifts were to cease.
Does the Bible say the power to heal will end? WHEN does the Bible say the gift of healing would cease? THINK! If the Bible does say it, do you think just maybe it will be when you have been made perfect? What do perfect people need with gifts to heal if nobody is sick? What good is speaking in tongues if all know Jehovah?