• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter 4

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Trailer for the new Harry Potter flick...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/

Hermione's growing into a little hottie:jiggy:
gobletoffire_17.jpg

give her a few a couple more years...meow:flirt:

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
It's looking good (take that as you will) and I always thought that book would make the best movie...the trials will look nice on the big screen.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I actually went and saw the first one, and after how lame and cheap and badly written/acted/directed that one was, I'm over it.

Melody

johnnys4life said:
I actually went and saw the first one, and after how lame and cheap and badly written/acted/directed that one was, I'm over it.
You're joking? I think they did a beautiful job on all of the Harry Potter movies! I also love the fact that they're doing one every year so we see them grow up naturally and they won't have to change actors.

We are all Harry Potter fans here....even though we're muggles. Actually, just my husband is a muggle. :D

Saw11_2000

I'm not a fan of non-fiction, and the slight amount of fiction I read, you can be assured it isn't Harry Potter. Why are people so obsessed with him anyways? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CRAZE?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Saw11_2000 said:
I'm not a fan of non-fiction, and the slight amount of fiction I read, you can be assured it isn't Harry Potter. Why are people so obsessed with him anyways? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CRAZE?
IF I could explain the craze, I'd be writing the novels myself, Saw. But having said that, I think it's more than any one thing. That is, there is no one thing that explains why the novels are so popular. You'd have to make a pretty long list of things that account for their popularity.

Saw11_2000

I'm just trying to figure out why people are so obsessed with a guy with a scar on his head that does magic and has a friend that's a girl, and a red-headed kid.

EXPLAIN!! :p

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Saw11_2000 said:
It's just really great books. I love them as much as my kids do. It's suspenseful, characters you care about, good, clean fun. I loved the movies as well, although I prefer the books.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
johnnys4life said:
Just curious, have you read the books?

Hermione's growing into a little hottie

Yeah, ever since COS, man, I never was in to liking girl who are stars or whatever, but shes my age, and she's...ya know

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Saw11_2000 said:
I'm just trying to figure out why people are so obsessed with a guy with a scar on his head that does magic and has a friend that's a girl, and a red-headed kid.

EXPLAIN!! :p

Well, for one thing, Maize is right: The books are good clean fun; The characters are sympathetic; and the plots are suspenseful.

Saw11_2000

Hmmm...I'll have to investigate this "fun" thing, to see if such a thing actually exists, or if the evidence suggests otherwise.

(Ask reviews of the book)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The books are NOT hard reads, Saw! Pick one up, read it, and decide for yourself whether you like it or not!

Melody

Saw11_2000 said:
Hmmm...I'll have to investigate this "fun" thing, to see if such a thing actually exists, or if the evidence suggests otherwise.

(Ask reviews of the book)
The books are fabulous! My son and I read them together every evening and it was all I could do not to cheat and read ahead!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
The books are NOT hard reads, Saw! Pick one up, read it, and decide for yourself whether you like it or not!
They are very quick read... partly because you can't put them down! In anticipation of the 5th book, I read the first 4 in one week, but I do read fast.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm a bit wary of any further movies after they screwed up Lupin's werewolf form...

EDIT: Hey, she is hot! :D

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
My computer messed up my reply...here we go again.

I think people touched on why the books are so popular. Name the last time you heard of a book let alone an entire series of books that both kids and their parents have enjoyed reading. I can only hope that when my kids get older we can sit and talk about a book we both mutually loved.

...and anything that gets massive amounts of kids interested in reading in such a big way is cool with me.

M

Majikthise

I saw the first movie at my wife's goading, and found I really liked it. Who knew?
This last one she didn't really like but I loved it. I hope the next one is as good.:D

scitsofreaky

I find the books to be a lot better than the movies, and while I enjoy the movies, I do miss how indepth the character development is in the books.
Anywho, I am curious to see what they cut out from the book, and how long the movie will be (I didn't actaully click the link because I am just too lazy for my own good).