• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry and Meghan interview

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Given that neither of us knows who raised the question and under what circumstances it was raised, makes our discussion uninformed.
We can at the very least assume that asking about a baby's skin color has possible racist connotations, regardless of how likely that may be in any given situation.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Why?

Even in families of any single race, I imagine people would ask questions like:
Do you think she will have blue eyes like her mother?
Do you think she will be a chubby baby given the size of her mom and dad?

Time and again, Oprah raised the race issue in the interview. Time and again, Gayle King, on CBS's morning show, alluded to the race issue.
Eyes and hair sure. But nobody asks what colour the baby would be. Why the hell would you? As a single race couple, no less. Unless as a passive aggressive jab at someone possibly cheating. Like wtf? Megan’s not even dark, she’s at best got a tan. If someone asked me what colour my baby would be, I’d punch them in the face. Rude much?

You infer a lot about the character of a person whom you don't know personally and likely have never met, over a situation you yourself have admitted you don't actually know a whole lot about.

Is there a particular reason for that?

Yes, it's what humans do - we form initial impressions of people based on incomplete information.

For example, the polished Californian actress type, rightly or wrongly, tends to come across as calculated and insincere to many. When that person also seems to be a bit of a diva and a bit of a hypocrite (for example someone who uses private jets, should never lecture others on climate change) many people will judge their character negatively.

What reporting did you see that should only be explained as racism?

Earthtank

Does this count?

896.png

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Also I find this "because she is black" thing so American. She looks like she has a tan and black hair.
That's why it's ridiculous to automatically brand mixed people as "black". I had no idea she was part black when I first saw her. Reminds me of the psycho who lives in the apartment above me. He is also obviously mixed, but looks whiter than I ever do (I'm mixed, too) but plays the race card and calls white people "cracker". :rolleyes:

Yes, American racial identities and standards are very stupid, offensive and inaccurate.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It appears the royal family was supportive.

This was a reply by one of the paper's involved and I agree with them.
“We are sick, though, of woke morons crying racism over press criticism of Meghan and Harry,” it said. “It is ludicrous to conflate racist abuse on social media with legitimate newspaper scrutiny.
Yeah, the only kind of racist comments I saw were Facebook comments on articles. The best one I saw was someone saying "why couldn't he find a British beauty?" to which someone replied "what British beauties?". :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I do believe that so many women think Harry deserves better.
Moi...par exemple.:p
Very creative. Indeed Harry should have chosen you, and then we would have a Royal here on RF now:p

Last edited:

stvdv

I doubt it will go well for Harry and Megs, and be seen as revenge for whatever they have endured or think they have endured
Strange English to me, you don't think what you have endured, you just have endured
The red part would mean, you don't take the feelings of the other serious
Similar to what some people do, trying to (avoid) say sorry
"I am sorry that you felt that way"

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
The weakest argument about this I've encountered so far still has to be "Well, I didn't see anything that I'd think would be offensive, so we really have to doubt that anything racist was ever said."

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Strange English to me, you don't think what you have endured, you just have endured
The red part would mean, you don't take the feelings of the other serious
Similar to what some people do, trying to (avoid) say sorry
"I am sorry that you felt that way"
Well I'm afraid I don't take such things at face value - interviews like this. It could well be that she felt suicidal and obviously she has my sympathy for this. As to much else in the interview, well there are a number of inconsistences, apart from the motivations for doing it in the first place, and the choice of interviewee. As I commented, as to it not going well (in the UK at least), the majority in the UK seem to have seen it as being negative and have not sided with Harry and Meghan. It is mainly the young who have seen it in a positive light.

stvdv

Well I'm afraid I don't take such things at face value - interviews like this. It could well be that she felt suicidal and obviously she has my sympathy for this. As to much else in the interview, well there are a number of inconsistences, apart from the motivations for doing it in the first place, and the choice of interviewee. As I commented, as to it not going well (in the UK at least), the majority in the UK seem to have seen it as being negative and have not sided with Harry and Meghan. It is mainly the young who have seen it in a positive light.
True, it is not easy to know the truth. But then I would not say "what she thinks what she endured", but I would say "if what we hear is the real truth". Because she did not give any facts (names)

I did not know anything. Just yesterday I researched this topic first time.

I came across an interview with her father and clearly he has problems respecting her borders and some trust issues towards her, so I can imagine that Meghan got some issues out of this. And her stepsister seems quite an ordeal to me. So, her family is far from clean as far as I have seen. If she got some emotional traumas out of this, then probably the truth will be somewhere in the middle. I do remember that she has been welcomed with open arms in UK when they got married.

So, obviously, people with a few brains could have figured out at that time, that there would appear little babies with a tinge of different skin color (but nobody seemed to worry about that at all), which makes her story about racism a bit weird IMO. But I am not a clairvoyant. And also it seems to me that Harry agreed with her story. But then I also read that some believe Meghan is a narcissist, which would mean that she totally could have played Harry (that's what narcs do), who seemed to be smitten by her.

In short: This seems quite a messy situation we have here. But soon we will know more, I think. Such secrets usually don't stay hidden long.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
True, it is not easy to know the truth. But then I would not say "what she thinks what she endured", but I would say "if what we hear is the real truth".

I did not know anything. Just yesterday I researched this topic first time.

I came across an interview with her father and clearly he has problems respecting her borders and some trust issues towards her, so I can imagine that Meghan got some issues out of this. And her stepsister seems quite an ordeal to me. So, her family is far from clean as far as I have seen. If she got some emotional traumas out of this, then probably the truth will be somewhere in the middle. I do remember that she has been welcomed with open arms in UK when they got married.

So, obviously, people with a few brains could have figured out at that time, that there would appear little babies with a tinge of different skin color (but nobody seemed to worry about that at all), which makes her story about racism a bit weird IMO. But I am not a clairvoyant. And also it seems to me that Harry agreed with her story. But then I also read that some believe Meghan is a narcissist, which would mean that she totally could have played Harry (that's what narcs do), who seemed to be smitten by her.

In short: This seems quite a messy situation we have here. But soon we will know more, I think. Such secrets usually don't stay hidden long.
I must admit to not being that interested in the whole thing - monarchy and all that, since I'd rather see it gone - but I did record the interview and watch it later, whilst my initial comments came from reviews and snippets before I watched it. These two are a bit complicated it seems, and so is their treatment in the media, much of which I might have missed since I tend to avoid the tabloids. I'm sure they do have grievances but it might be difficult to disentangle any from the revenge seemingly explicit in this interview.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Boss watched it and gave me a summary ... basically it confirms how totally messed up the Royals really are.
I think most Brits are Elizabethans but not royalists. Most of us do think the world of the Queen, but when and if she goes......... Ummmm.....