• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold and Maude

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I just got around to watching this 1971 cult classic this weekend, and I must say it is now among my favorite movies. I find it rich with social commentary and philosophies that I'll hold dear the rest of my life.

It feels so good to see an offbeat, odd movie that does not follow suit with almost every film for the past decade.

Has everyone here seen this movie, or open to discussion about it?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I just got around to watching this 1971 cult classic this weekend, and I must say it is now among my favorite movies. I find it rich with social commentary and philosophies that I'll hold dear the rest of my life.

It feels so good to see an offbeat, odd movie that does not follow suit with almost every film for the past decade.

Has everyone here seen this movie, or open to discussion about it?
Actually, I saw it when it came out. :D I can't remember it well enough to even begin to discuss it with you (it was 37 years ago), but I can remember thinking it was a really strange movie. I guess I must be part of the wrong cult to have been able to appreciate it. ;)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
OMG! I love this movie! I admit it's been more than a few years since I've seen it, too, but I just adored the relationship between the two, and the stuff they got themselves into......I barely remember Harold beating up a soldier or something (I somewhat remember being in tears laughing so much)? And Maude speeding on the highway with that tree in the back.....

The connection between the two characters was endearing and classic. I would recommend the film to anyone! :bounce

Peace,
Mystic

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I loved it when Harold always scared the girls
that his mother tried to set him up with.
muttley.gif

I am going to take the movie to work with
me and watch it again. It's one of my favorites.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Actually, I saw it when it came out. :D I can't remember it well enough to even begin to discuss it with you (it was 37 years ago), but I can remember thinking it was a really strange movie. I guess I must be part of the wrong cult to have been able to appreciate it. ;)
It sounds like you are due for a re-viewing Katzpur.

cardero

Citizen Mod

I try to accomplish this good feeling everyday.
Jistyr writes: Has everyone here seen this movie, or open to discussion about it?

The quotes in the movie are timely and priceless. If you watch it again pay close attention to the dialogue. If you liked this movie do a Wikipedia and IMDB movie search for more interesting tidbits. You will be glad to know that the director of this movie (Hal Ashby) has created other quirky films that you may also be interested in.

SHAMPOO
Being There
The Landlord
Coming Home

If you like Bud Cort (Harold) them you will enjoy:
Brewster McCloud (not available in DVD yet, Directed by Robert Altman)
Electric Dreams (does the voice of "Edgar" the computer)

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
If you liked Ruth Gordon, you will find her in another
movie called, "Where's Papa" from 1970. Also stars
Gordon Hocheiser. I am sure you have either seen it
or heard of it. I thought it was also an excellent movie.