• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Guru Purnima

Satsangi

Guru Purnima is celebrated in the honor of the Guru of all Gurus- Vyasji. Happy celebtrations to all. One is indebted to the Guru; just as one is indebted to the parents.

Regards,

GURSIKH

chardi kla
ਹਮ ਰੁਲਤੇ ਫਿਰਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਤ ਨ ਪੂਛਤਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਕੀਰੇ ਹਮ ਥਾਪੇ ॥
हम रुलते फिरते कोई बात न पूछता गुर सतिगुर संगि कीरे हम थापे ॥
Ham rulṯe firṯe ko▫ī bāṯ na pūcẖẖ▫ṯā gur saṯgur sang kīre ham thāpe.
I was rolling around in the dirt, and no one cared for me at all. In the Company of the Guru, the True Guru, I, the worm, have been raised up and exalted.

ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨ ਕੇਰਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਚੂਕੇ ਸਭਿ ਸੋਗ ਸੰਤਾਪੇ ॥੪॥੫॥੧੧॥੪੯॥
धंनु धंनु गुरू नानक जन केरा जितु मिलिऐ चूके सभि सोग संतापे ॥४॥५॥११॥४९॥
Ḏẖan ḏẖan gurū Nānak jan kerā jiṯ mili▫ai cẖūke sabẖ sog sanṯāpe. ||4||5||11||49||
Blessed, blessed is the Guru of servant Nanak; meeting Him, all my sorrows and troubles have come to an end. ||4||5||11||49|| Guru Granth Sahib ji ANG167

Sat nam sri wahe guru ji

Last edited:

Satsangi

Serving the Guru

(1) Shvetashvatara Upanishad (6/23) :

Advocates worship to the Guru in the same manner as the deity - God, to attain all there is to attain on the path of God-realization:

Yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve tatha gurau |
Tasyaite kathitaa hi arthaaha prakashante mahatmanaha ||

(2) Bhagavad Gita (4/34) :

The disciple should humbly pose questions to the Guru and please him by serving him. He will then impart the knowledge of God, so ordain the wise sages.

(3) Shrimad Bhagvatam :

Bhagwan Rushabhdeva advocates his sons: Obeying the Anuvrutti - unvoiced wishes - of God and Guru is devotion.

(4) Skanda Purana - Guru Gita

Gurubrahma Guruvishnu Gururdevo Maheshwaraha |
Guruhu sakshaat Parambrahman tasmai Shrigurave namaha ||

"The guru is Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh (Shiva), veneration to the Guru who is Parabrahman manifest."
The second line of the couplet does not literally mean that the Guru becomes Parabrahman - God, rather he is venerated as if God is manifesting through him.

(5) Another famous verse known to many Hindus:

Guru Govind donu khade, kisko laagu paay,
Balihari Gurudevaki jinhe Govind diyo bataay.

Guru and God are both standing before me, whom shall I bow first? Thanks to the Guru who has shown me the God.

Regards,

Last edited: