• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Easter Everyone!

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
robtex said:
Happy Easter!! Tell us what yall do on this day!!
I went to church, same as any other Sunday. :) Tho church was quite a bit more crowded than usual, which always amuses me cause UUs are often theologically opposed to the ressurection and yet we show up in greater numbers on Easter anyway. :D

Our minister gave a fantastic sermon on the Exodus (in honor of Passover), the Ressurection (in honor of Easter), and freedom from oppression (in honor of DC Emancipation Day - the slaves in DC were freed 9 months before the Emancipation Proclamation). And he managed to tie in the vow of the Bodhisattva - not to be enlightened until all sentient beings are enlightened. Basically he said no one is "saved" unless everyone is "saved." Amen!!

Afterwards, stayed for Easter Lunch at the church. Had a wonderful conversation with friends and visitors alike. Many of them stayed for the Emancipation Sunday concert afterwards but I thought I'd bow out for a walk and afternoon coffee in the sunshine, and then try to get some writing done.

I now have "Total Praise" stuck in my head (it was our last/benediction song and rocked the house). :jam:

Lord, I will lift, mine eyes to the hills
Knowing my help is coming from You
Your peace, You give me in time of the storm

You are the source of my strength.
You are the strength of my life.
I lift my hands in total praise to you.

Amen, Amen
Amen, Amen
Amen, Amen
Amen, Amen

Mike182

Flaming Queer
michel said:
Happy Easter to one and all (unless Easter is a non-holiday because you don't believe in it), in which case, have a wonderful holiday (whatever you chose to call it).
:D

:biglaugh: Frubals for your diplomacy :D

happy easter y'all (well, happy 'whats left of' easter!)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Happy Easter Everyone...:flower2:
Well the 1/4 of our family manages to gather together for easter. About 80 of us....:biglaugh:

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
michel said:
Happy Easter to one and all (unless Easter is a non-holiday because you don't believe in it), in which case, have a wonderful holiday (whatever you chose to call it).
:D

Happy Easter to all of you who just celebrated that feast (Sunday was Palm Sunday for us). We're still in Great Lent until the Sunday coming which is Pascha (Easter) on the Orthodox Calendar.

James