• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday Sunstone!!!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks, Rival! I really like that style of hat. Women wear it so well. Is it considered just for women? Or do men wear it too? Asking for a friend.
The hat is only for rich people, gosh.....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
@Rival, I've been meaning for a while to tell you a story, because I thought it might amuse you as a writer who understands the power of words. Might as well tell it to you here, before I forget again.

It must have been twenty years ago now, but my friend Don and I were building a California style deck (basically, a roofless porch) onto a recently built house in a new subdivision just north of town. "Happy Hollow" they called it, because it was a valley. The homes had gone up overnight, as is often the case here.

One day after work, I was talking with a friend of mine -- an old-timer who'd been born and raised in the area. He'd never heard of Happy Hollow, so I had to carefully describe the location to him. His eyes went wide, "Are you sure? The valley with the huge, white boulders?"

"Yeah, there's boulders all over the place. They're charming, really."

"Oh my Gosh! You guys watch your step!"

"What? Why?"

"Rattlesnakes! Most infested land in the county, hands down. Happy Hollow, my butt. That's Rattlesnake Valley!"\

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
@Rival, I've been meaning for a while to tell you a story, because I thought it might amuse you as a writer who understands the power of words. Might as well tell it to you here, before I forget again.

It must have been twenty years ago now, but my friend Don and I were building a California style deck (basically, a roofless porch) onto a recently built house in a new subdivision just north of town. "Happy Hollow" they called it, because it was a valley. The homes had gone up overnight, as is often the case here.

One day after work, I was talking with a friend of mine -- an old-timer who'd been born and raised in the area. He'd never heard of Happy Hollow, so I had to carefully describe the location to him. His eyes went wide, "Are you sure? The valley with the huge, white boulders?"

"Yeah, there's boulders all over the place. They're charming, really."

"Oh my Gosh! You guys watch your step!"

"What? Why?"

"Rattlesnakes! Most infested valley in the county, hands down. Happy Hollow, my butt. That's Rattlesnake Valley!"\
I hope they were alright :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I hope they were alright :)

Yeah, me too. I kept wondering what would happen to them, but no one seemed to know what rattlesnakes do when people move in by the hundreds. It tends to vary by species. I know they don't hang around cities. But I don't know if they slither off somewhere or if people just kill them until they're gone.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Happy Birthday:)

Thank you so much, Estro!

Hey, I got a question for you. Something I recently became curious about. Maybe this is strange to ask, but in Italy, if someone gets drunk, how do other people treat them then? Is getting drunk acceptable behavior? Unacceptable behavior? Or something else?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Thank you so much, Estro!

Hey, I got a question for you. Something I recently became curious about. Maybe this is strange to ask, but in Italy, if someone gets drunk, how do other people treat them then? Is getting drunk acceptable behavior? Unacceptable behavior? Or something else?

LoL...it depends...I guess if there is a party going on...it's ok.:p

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
@Sunstone Happy 30th my friend! :)

source.gif